UnderGround Forums Conor McGregor makes GOAT arguments

5/24/20 7:46 AM
6/14/12
RenatoCocopreta -
Stu Cazzo - 

Triggered pullout merchant.

im not sure khabib is the one who is "triggered" .

*awaits the mindless and perfunctory conor - rent free comment *

Edited: 5/24/20 8:26 AM
9/11/12

The goat is Fedor.

The others could be argued, but Fedor is without doubt #1. His record, his mma talents and the fact he was almost always the smaller fighter is why I would put him over Anderson who is huge for his weight >

5/24/20 8:37 AM
12/7/14

Are you guys judging goat based on their best stretch or their entire careers? Very surprised to see Anderson here after cheating and going 1-6-1 in his last 8 fights. Fedor definitely has an argument but still ended his career 8-5. Jon Jones has had a couple gifted decisions and cheated multiple times. But they are still all ahead of Connor. Its very clear Gsp is the goat when all things are considered 

5/24/20 9:15 AM
10/11/18
LOL at Conor thinking he's above GSP.

Georges cleaned out his division multiple times. While not doing it spectacularly [ie. Ko'ing them or submitting them] he dominated his opponents so much that they looked like weekend hobbyists.
5/24/20 9:27 AM
2/9/09

Conor is 3-2 outside of 145. He beat a .500 fighter, a guy who isn't even in the UFC anymore and a guy who's 37 and on the down swing of his career. 

Fedor, GSP, Anderson, JBJ, Mighty Mouse all a head of Conor. Hell, I don't even have him as top 3 best light weight

5/24/20 12:26 PM
2/17/03
The Closed Guard - 

Conor is 3-2 outside of 145. He beat a .500 fighter, a guy who isn't even in the UFC anymore and a guy who's 37 and on the down swing of his career. 

Fedor, GSP, Anderson, JBJ, Mighty Mouse all a head of Conor. Hell, I don't even have him as top 3 best light weight

There is no way that he is a top 3 all-time LW. He is probably the third all-time FW. (Behind Aldo and Max).

5/24/20 12:29 PM
6/26/06
Mr Karate - LOL at Conor thinking he's above GSP.

Georges cleaned out his division multiple times. While not doing it spectacularly [ie. Ko'ing them or submitting them] he dominated his opponents so much that they looked like weekend hobbyists.

GSP is the one avoiding a Conor fight even though it would be the biggest richest fight ever. He'll gladly fight the Dagestani Leg Diver for a lot less money though, he may be a pussy but he's not dumb.
5/24/20 12:46 PM
6/5/05

GSP

ALDO

FEDOR

DJ

To be in the running, I believe a title defense should be mandatory.

And a run of title defenses as well as a clean record of testing puts one in the mix.

5/24/20 12:47 PM
9/7/17
ridiculous posting from conor
5/24/20 2:22 PM
10/11/18
RenatoCocopreta - 

GSP is the one avoiding a Conor fight even though it would be the biggest richest fight ever. He'll gladly fight the Dagestani Leg Diver for a lot less money though, he may be a pussy but he's not dumb.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.
5/24/20 2:33 PM
6/3/11
RenatoCocopreta -

GSP would rag doll Conor with no training camp

5/24/20 4:04 PM
7/2/09
RenatoCocopreta -

If GSP was avoiding it, wouldn't that be the world's biggest ammo for a guy who likes to talk like Conor.  And yet, Conor is silent.  Why?

5/24/20 4:14 PM
6/8/10
MarcusAurelioFan -

Jon Jones is the best ever

He defeated a murderers row of the best LHW names ever.

I did wish he had fought Henderson, as I feel it could've been a close fight..

While he did "win" fights against the top of the division, he made a career of fighting dirty against smaller opponents. Not only that he cheated while doing it and imo, he should be 24 and 3. 

5/24/20 4:58 PM
1/27/12
jasperb -
MarcusAurelioFan -

Jon Jones is the best ever

He defeated a murderers row of the best LHW names ever.

I did wish he had fought Henderson, as I feel it could've been a close fight..

While he did "win" fights against the top of the division, he made a career of fighting dirty against smaller opponents. Not only that he cheated while doing it and imo, he should be 24 and 3. 

I have always felt the value od his wins is dimiinishes because of the eye poking thing.  cheating, imo

5/24/20 5:52 PM
6/26/06
SkinnyJeanGenie - 
RenatoCocopreta -

Try and convince Georges of that. Its the biggest money fight in history, and its supposedly an easy W for Georges but he wants "legacy" fight with a lightweight wrestler.

Georges est un poulet jeune.
5/24/20 7:13 PM
7/2/09
RenatoCocopreta -
SkinnyJeanGenie - 
RenatoCocopreta -

Try and convince Georges of that. Its the biggest money fight in history, and its supposedly an easy W for Georges but he wants "legacy" fight with a lightweight wrestler.

Georges est un poulet jeune.

And yet, not a word from Conor, when he has so much to say about everyone/everything else.  Why is that?

5/24/20 7:17 PM
8/8/18

Surely he's talking about farm animals? because he's not even in the conversation of "greatest of all time" to anyone who's worth a shit.

Edited: 5/24/20 8:47 PM
4/19/10
RenatoCocopreta -

If there’s any thing you could label a person that has excelled in combat, and chose MMA as a profession (not to mention being the best to ever do it) a ‘pussy’ would NEVER be one of them.

What the fuck are you even signed up to this site for? You absolute cretin.

5/24/20 8:52 PM
5/6/16
SkinnyJeanGenie - 
RenatoCocopreta -

This, Gsp would take Conor down so easy Conor would Tap before hitting the ground

Edited: 5/24/20 8:56 PM
4/19/10
Connorwinztharematch -
BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide -
Connorwinztharematch -
KhabibWinsTheRematch -
jgiveshead -
KhabibWinsTheRematch -
jgiveshead -
KhabibWinsTheRematch -
Tomato Can - Dude is 2-1 in title fights and got his ass beat by Nate Diaz. He is not even in the top 20.

That's even being generous. McGregor isn't even top 50 if we're talking greatest fighter of all time. He's right around German de Randamie territory. Won a title, never defended it, and was stripped for refusing to defend. They're actually very similar.

"KhabibWinsTheRematch"

"Germaine DeRandemie territory"

ROFL.  I'd say you've got a horse in the race, but I'm not sure you have any horses that aren't in that race.

I guess you have no clue the reason for my name, but it's not because I'm a Khabib fan dipshit. Though, if you're gonna make a GOAT list it's asinine not to have Khabib on it, but include the guy he made look like an amateur and beg for mercy mid fight. Any reasoning beyond a popularity contest is straight bullshit.

And I wholeheartedly stand behind the GDR comparison because it's accurate, as much as you may hate to hear it. Except GDR don't tap every time she faces adversity, so he's probably behind her on an all time list.

Don't know what your name is/was, don't care.

"if you're gonna make a GOAT list..."

Quoting from my earlier post...

But based on talent AND wins, lack of steroids, mentality/personality, in that order... my list is:

1. GSP

2. Anderson and Jones

3. Fedor

4. Khabib

5. Conor

See your boy was on the list, now settle down Germaine.  GSP still smokes both of them on the same night.

Lol @ saying lack of steroids, then having GSP, the most juiced fighter ever #1. 

Right there any shred of credibility you may think you had went right out the window.

i like j as a poster, but i too am a little confused by the steroid remark and then placing gsp, jones, and silva in the top 3. 

God I love the GSP hater tears. Still flowing I see :) 

....yeah, still flowing.

Evidently.

Don’t worry, you’re obviously not on your own in this struggle. And even the top men clearly suffer from a similar PTSD. 

5/24/20 9:10 PM
5/9/06

Conor may be the greatest ppv seller of all time

5/24/20 11:07 PM
7/2/09
Morgz -

Conor may be the greatest ppv seller of all time

He doesn't seem too interested in selling a GSP paperview.

5/25/20 4:41 PM
9/7/17
The crazy thing here is that f Conor had been truly focused on being the MMA GOAT I think he could've gotten himself into the conversation.

If he had successfully defended each title a couple of times I think that would have done a lot. If he had stayed at 145 I think he could've gone unbeaten there.

He's a professional martial artist in many of the same ways GSP was.

He talks a lot of shit but he has always been very honest about his shortcomings and typically handles defeat well.

If he hadn't gotten sidetracked by Mayweather and had focused on improving his defensive wrestling I think he could've made a strong 155 title reign.
5/25/20 5:12 PM
6/9/16
mata_leaos - The crazy thing here is that f Conor had been truly focused on being the MMA GOAT I think he could've gotten himself into the conversation.

If he had successfully defended each title a couple of times I think that would have done a lot. If he had stayed at 145 I think he could've gone unbeaten there.

He's a professional martial artist in many of the same ways GSP was.

He talks a lot of shit but he has always been very honest about his shortcomings and typically handles defeat well.

If he hadn't gotten sidetracked by Mayweather and had focused on improving his defensive wrestling I think he could've made a strong 155 title reign.

He made what, $50 million to $100 million off of that Mayweather fight? Who can blame him for chasing that?

5/25/20 5:55 PM
6/14/12
Connorwinztharematch -
Connorwinztharematch -
KhabibWinsTheRematch -
jgiveshead -
KhabibWinsTheRematch -
jgiveshead -
KhabibWinsTheRematch -
Tomato Can - Dude is 2-1 in title fights and got his ass beat by Nate Diaz. He is not even in the top 20.

That's even being generous. McGregor isn't even top 50 if we're talking greatest fighter of all time. He's right around German de Randamie territory. Won a title, never defended it, and was stripped for refusing to defend. They're actually very similar.

"KhabibWinsTheRematch"

"Germaine DeRandemie territory"

ROFL.  I'd say you've got a horse in the race, but I'm not sure you have any horses that aren't in that race.

I guess you have no clue the reason for my name, but it's not because I'm a Khabib fan dipshit. Though, if you're gonna make a GOAT list it's asinine not to have Khabib on it, but include the guy he made look like an amateur and beg for mercy mid fight. Any reasoning beyond a popularity contest is straight bullshit.

And I wholeheartedly stand behind the GDR comparison because it's accurate, as much as you may hate to hear it. Except GDR don't tap every time she faces adversity, so he's probably behind her on an all time list.

Don't know what your name is/was, don't care.

"if you're gonna make a GOAT list..."

Quoting from my earlier post...

But based on talent AND wins, lack of steroids, mentality/personality, in that order... my list is:

1. GSP

2. Anderson and Jones

3. Fedor

4. Khabib

5. Conor

See your boy was on the list, now settle down Germaine.  GSP still smokes both of them on the same night.

Lol @ saying lack of steroids, then having GSP, the most juiced fighter ever #1. 

Right there any shred of credibility you may think you had went right out the window.

i like j as a poster, but i too am a little confused by the steroid remark and then placing gsp, jones, and silva in the top 3. 

God I love the GSP hater tears. Still flowing I see :) 

....yeah, still flowing.

Evidently.

Don’t worry, you’re obviously not on your own in this struggle. And even the top men clearly suffer from a similar PTSD. 

"evidently"

jesus christ youre such an elitist dork. i like georges. i just dont have my head so far up his ass that i cant admit he was almost certainly using gear like everyone else, or that he was accused of greasing by multiple opponents and can be seen on camera doing it, etc. Hes likely not all natural and anybody thats trained a day in their life can see that.

"somebody isnt toeing the 'gsp is the best ever and the paragon martial artist-- he would never cheat !'line, i better put on all my larp gear and go save georges with cliche, teeny bopper rhetoric !!" 

im not a "hater",  so much as you re a pathetic sycophant reading everything with googly eyes for georges. 

and no, you havent "triggered" me. spare me the predictable tropes. i just get tired of nitwit assholes on here and their wild assumption-driven hyperbole put to a tune of twitter culture nomenclature.