UnderGround Forums Conor building homes for the homeless in Ireland

5/18/19 6:39 AM
1/15/13
FrontBroRian - What exactly is he doing? Funding the projects himself? Donating and then letting the state take over to continue to provide assistance?

Either way it’s cool. Any charity is awesome

Basically he will be the owner and the houses will be rented out, if he does rent to families in temporary accommodation then the hse pay the rent which is high in Dublin, Its a good investment.

5/18/19 12:10 PM
12/9/13

Conor can't even draw a line......

5/18/19 12:15 PM
1/1/01
newbie2013 - 
FrontBroRian - What exactly is he doing? Funding the projects himself? Donating and then letting the state take over to continue to provide assistance?

Basically he will be the owner and the houses will be rented out, if he does rent to families in temporary accommodation then the hse pay the rent which is high in Dublin, Its a good investment.

Slumlord millionaire
5/18/19 12:53 PM
2/24/07
newbie2013 - 

If there is a homeless problem and lack oh housing, good on him for helping. If this j just an investment where he puts up the structures and makes money, good investment I guess. But let’s not act like he’s a saint for it.

I have investors that work to attain section 8 approval because the govt guarantees they’ll get their monthly rent, and they typically pay 10-20% over normal market rental rates. They don’t do it to be good people. They do it to make money.
5/18/19 1:55 PM
10/14/17
FrontBroRian -
newbie2013 - 

If there is a homeless problem and lack oh housing, good on him for helping. If this j just an investment where he puts up the structures and makes money, good investment I guess. But let’s not act like he’s a saint for it.

I have investors that work to attain section 8 approval because the govt guarantees they’ll get their monthly rent, and they typically pay 10-20% over normal market rental rates. They don’t do it to be good people. They do it to make money.

It really must suck to go through life always looking for the negative in things 

5/18/19 2:12 PM
2/24/07
Mike OxBIG - 
FrontBroRian -
newbie2013 - 

It really must suck to go through life always looking for the negative in things 

Do you think Trump is an amazing human too? He developed property in NYC and then rented out those on govt assistance as well. Made tens of millions doing it.
5/18/19 2:22 PM
2/24/07
Google Warrick Dunn...

His charity has teamed up and built and GIVEN AWAY over 150 homes to low income families buying their first homes.

Not an investment.

Charity
5/18/19 2:23 PM
5/24/17

I love it when people give back to communities. 

5/18/19 2:26 PM
10/14/17
FrontBroRian -
Mike OxBIG - 
FrontBroRian -
newbie2013 - 

Do you think Trump is an amazing human too? He developed property in NYC and then rented out those on govt assistance as well. Made tens of millions doing it.

I never said Conor was an amazing person. Way to take that out of context. Whether it’s an investment or for charity I really don’t care - point is that homeless people will have somewhere to stay, that they can call their own. I don’t care about proving points over the internet. I’m looking at it from one aspect, meanwhile you’re breaking it down every little way you can

5/18/19 2:30 PM
7/22/11

Check out his instagram his socialmedia workers are working overtime to try and save his reputation ...

5/18/19 2:32 PM
2/24/07
Mike OxBIG - 
FrontBroRian -
Mike OxBIG - 
FrontBroRian -
newbie2013 - 

I never said Conor was an amazing person. Way to take that out of context. Whether it’s an investment or for charity I really don’t care - point is that homeless people will have somewhere to stay, that they can call their own. I don’t care about proving points over the internet. I’m looking at it from one aspect, meanwhile you’re breaking it down every little way you can

And I pointed out it was an investment versus charity, and you got upset and called that negative

Sorry facts bother you when it comes to your precious Conor
Edited: 5/18/19 2:34 PM
10/14/17
FrontBroRian -
Mike OxBIG - 
FrontBroRian -
Mike OxBIG - 
FrontBroRian -
newbie2013 - 

And I pointed out it was an investment versus charity, and you got upset and called that negative

Sorry facts bother you when it comes to your precious Conor

But why bother though? Lol 

To sound smart? None of my comments were of me getting upset. I’m not even a fan of Conor but I recognize good when I see it 

5/18/19 2:58 PM
2/24/07
Because there’s a huge difference. And you seem to think he’s this noble person for making an investment to make himself more wealthy.
5/18/19 9:51 PM
1/30/10

And this is why Conor will be broke in 5 years 

5/19/19 1:29 AM
10/14/02
Mike OxBIG - 
FrontBroRian -
Mike OxBIG - 
FrontBroRian -
newbie2013 - 

someone is gonna cry
when a certain " amazing person"
wins

2020 and brags non stop
5/19/19 7:51 AM
1/12/05
dios - 

He's the landlord and the government is paying rent directly to him. He's not just building 8 houses and giving them away. 

5/19/19 8:22 AM
2/24/07
Bobby Lupo - 
dios - 

He's the landlord and the government is paying rent directly to him. He's not just building 8 houses and giving them away. 

This...property development, if done right, is a great investment. Smart move on his part
5/19/19 8:51 AM
1/30/10
Bobby Lupo -
dios - 

Still seems like a bad idea ....who’s going to pay for upkeep/maintenance? It’s poor people who are moving in , which translates for the most part to people who are lazy , criminals , drug addicts , etc etc....the apartments will turn to shit , Conor will spend more money fixing shit , and the money coming is not worth the headaches he will have trying to run these apartments ....it’s a government funded program , you’re not gona get rich off of that 

5/19/19 9:04 AM
2/24/07
dios - 
Bobby Lupo -
dios - 

Still seems like a bad idea ....who’s going to pay for upkeep/maintenance? It’s poor people who are moving in , which translates for the most part to people who are lazy , criminals , drug addicts , etc etc....the apartments will turn to shit , Conor will spend more money fixing shit , and the money coming is not worth the headaches he will have trying to run these apartments ....it’s a government funded program , you’re not gona get rich off of that 

He’s already rich, so if he’s getting a decent return on his investment it’s smart.

Most real estate investors rent to low income people. If they were wealthy, they prob wouldn’t be renting. Govt programs are great, because the rent usually comes directly from them, so you know you’re going to get it. And not like a regular tenant where they don’t pay, you have to go through the eviction process, and then court to recoup your money. Needed repairs are expected for any RE investment. However those on assistance have an incentive to keep the property in a somewhat decent condition. If they trash it, typically they lose their assistance. They don’t want that.
5/19/19 9:43 AM
1/12/05
FrontBroRian - 
dios - 
Bobby Lupo -
dios - 

He’s already rich, so if he’s getting a decent return on his investment it’s smart.

Most real estate investors rent to low income people. If they were wealthy, they prob wouldn’t be renting. Govt programs are great, because the rent usually comes directly from them, so you know you’re going to get it. And not like a regular tenant where they don’t pay, you have to go through the eviction process, and then court to recoup your money. Needed repairs are expected for any RE investment. However those on assistance have an incentive to keep the property in a somewhat decent condition. If they trash it, typically they lose their assistance. They don’t want that.

This is what his end looks like http://hap.ie/uploads/files/pdf/landlord-booklet-english.pdf

Under that scheme his LLC can deduct 100% of mortgage interest on their taxes. 

I think he's smart enough to form a property managment company to deal with upkeep and keep building and growing. 

The gov't checks always come on time with little to no hassle. 

5/19/19 10:22 AM
10/14/12
James Franco - 

How long until a attacks one of the homeless people

As soon as he see's a Dolly
5/19/19 10:33 AM
10/14/17
boxingman -
Mike OxBIG - 
FrontBroRian -
Mike OxBIG - 
FrontBroRian -
newbie2013 - 

someone is gonna cry
when a certain " amazing person"
wins

2020 and brags non stop

Seems like a lot of people have trouble making sense on here 

5/19/19 10:58 AM
6/10/16

He's not giving them away for free do you know that? He will be making lots of money out of this. Story is worded so poorly

5/19/19 11:14 AM
10/14/17
Mshi -

He's not giving them away for free do you know that? He will be making lots of money out of this. Story is worded so poorly

Who cares? If you were in the financial position to do such a thing, wouldn’t you? It’s a win for everyone

5/19/19 11:23 AM
12/13/15

When he is not promoting he co.es across as really sincere and cool