UnderGround Forums Conor dares Cowboy to keep fight standing

12 days ago
5/6/16
Nytron - 

Cowboy will head kick KO McGregor, or sub him.

I really hope that's the way it ends
12 days ago
5/12/07
MattyJ -

Cowboys the better grappler but even if he wanted to he’s not going to wrestlefuck him.

Id guess that even if Cerrone was planning on  mixing it up a lot he’d struggle to get a takedown early, if/when he got taken down I could see him landing a few shots before Conor creates a scramble, it’s not going to look like the Khabib fight 

If Conor gets taken down, he better get his back to the fence and work his way back up cautiously. Cowboy is real tricky in a scramble

12 days ago
6/30/07
MattyJ -

Cowboys the better grappler but even if he wanted to he’s not going to wrestlefuck him.

Id guess that even if Cerrone was planning on  mixing it up a lot he’d struggle to get a takedown early, if/when he got taken down I could see him landing a few shots before Conor creates a scramble, it’s not going to look like the Khabib fight 

Agree

12 days ago
7/19/13

How desperate does this plea come across to the rest of you? MMA fighter begs other MMA fighter to only use boxing in an MMA match. Smh.. Dana already paying Cowboy off, and McGregor still begging Cowboy to take it easy on him. That’s a shitty look for the UFC. 

12 days ago
12/26/19
KnockoutThoughts -

How desperate does this plea come across to the rest of you? MMA fighter begs other MMA fighter to only use boxing in an MMA match. Smh.. Dana already paying Cowboy off, and McGregor still begging Cowboy to take it easy on him. That’s a shitty look for the UFC. 

It's pretty sad. Especially since we've all seen Connor turn into a panic wrestler. Same would happen in this fight if he eats a shin to the chin.

11 days ago
4/12/12

Do you actually think McGregor cares if somebody shoots on him?  I doubt it. No way he's worried about Cowboy's wrestling, he can defend takedowns.

11 days ago
3/30/14

Oh so youre a wrestler now....

Edited: 11 days ago
10/27/03

Cowboy just needs to reply -

“Reverse psychology? Wrestling it is!”

11 days ago
10/20/16
the visor -

Do you actually think McGregor cares if somebody shoots on him?  I doubt it. No way he's worried about Cowboy's wrestling, he can defend takedowns.

Whether he cares or not, it was still a dumb thing for Conor to say. Seems like more than 95% of people on here think it was a bitch move and I’m sure it’s the same outside this forum. Definitely a bad look and does not inspire confidence 

11 days ago
1/1/01

Somehow I think this one is going to come back on Conor in this fight.

Edited: 11 days ago
1/28/13
3fie -
11 days ago
5/7/13
3fie -

Lmao, first thing I thought of.

11 days ago
11/17/10

conor will nail cowboy with a body shot then the straight left to the chin for a KO in the 1st round

11 days ago
10/4/18
That's his way of saying "please don't take me down"...
11 days ago
4/12/12
bootysweat -
the visor -

Whether he cares or not, it was still a dumb thing for Conor to say. Seems like more than 95% of people on here think it was a bitch move and I’m sure it’s the same outside this forum. Definitely a bad look and does not inspire confidence 

Where did this 95% number come from? was there a survey?  There's the thread title and the what McGregor actually posted.  McGregor took a potshot at Cowboy on social media. In terms of being a bad look, we are talking about the guy who put a dolly through a bus window, this is small potatoes.