UnderGround Forums Conor is tougher for Gsp than you think. Heres why

11 days ago
1/1/01
ConorWinsTheRematch - 
wrongaboutVitali - Goes along with what I posted on another thread:

GSP plays it safe for the first 2 rounds, drawing Conor in and then getting the takedown at will. Lands decent elbows on the ground.

By round 3, Conor is winded, and GSP turns it up a bit, still landing takedowns at will and punishing Conor on the ground.

By round 4, Conor is physically and mentally finished. GSP then picks him apart, safely, with his jab and leg kicks and, once again, taking Conor down at will.

End result? GSP by UD or submission in round 4 or 5.

The only X-factor would be GSP's weight cut and time off. But, coupling that with Conor's inactivity and bad social habits, and it could be a wash. Either way, GSP wins this one relatively easily.

Conor won't be drawn in. its Conor himself usually drawing opponents in with distance deception traps. And That's especially not going to happen with Conor constantly checking, pre-ocuppying, and controlling Gsp's leadhand. You see, I'm always ok with reasonable opinions. What I will refute is dumb opinions that have no basis in reality. And Sorry but your post about Gsp drawing Conor in is fan fiction at best. It might even be Conor locking down Gsp's leadhand, and as a result drawing out right hand responses to counter ala Bunchinger. Gsp never had the feet and proper weight transferring to respond with right hands quickly. The more you break down the striking the more you see just how bad of a match up Conor is for Gsp on the feet. 

I do know what I'm watching. I am also giving my opinion. For you to call it dumb is no different than anyone calling your opinion dumb.

You ask for insightful replies, claiming your posts are always insightful and informative, but the minute anyone disagrees with you, you accuse them of not knowing what they're talking about, as though your opinion (because let's be honest, this is ALL conjecture) is the final word.

Here is my opinion: Conor's only chance in this fight is to catch GSP early, and GSP plays it way too safe to allow such a thing to happen, hence my drawing Conor in comment. I can see Conor's misinterpreting GSP's playing it safe as GSP being afraid to engage in the stnad-up early on, which may actually be true.

But here's one thing I would bet my life on. GSP WILL take Conor down at will. He WILL tire Conor out. Conor's power WILL be gone by then, and after that, GSP WILL coast to an easy, albeit safe, victory. Just my opinion, which, at the end of the day, like yours, means nothing.
11 days ago
12/14/15
ConorWinsTheRematch -
Bigtrain2681 -
ConorWinsTheRematch -

GSP plays it safe for the first 2 rounds, drawing Conor in and then getting the takedown at will. Lands decent elbows on the ground.

By round 3, Conor is winded, and GSP turns it up a bit, still landing takedowns at will and punishing Conor on the ground.

By round 4, Conor is physically and mentally finished. GSP then picks him apart, safely, with his jab and leg kicks and, once again, taking Conor down at will.

The only X-factor would be GSP's weight cut and time off. But, coupling that with Conor's inactivity and bad social habits, and it could be a wash. Either way, GSP wins this one relatively easily.

You dont know what you're watching if you think Conor will just be drawn in. its Conor himself usually drawing opponents in with distance deception traps. And That's especially not going to happen with Conor constantly checking, pre-ocuppying, and controlling Gsp's leadhand. You see, I'm always ok with reasonable opinions. What I will refute is dumb opinions that have no basis in reality. And Sorry but your post about Gsp drawing Conor in is fan fiction. It might even be Conor looking down Gsp's leadhand, and drawing out right hand responses to counter ala Bunchinger. Gsp never had the feet and proper weight transferring to respond with right hands quickly. The more you break down the striking the more you see just how bad of a match up Conor is for Gsp on the feet. 

Whatta cunt. 

It takes a cunt to know one. Have you just outed yourself mister troll?

You copy and pasted my post. Bitch, you a fan. 

11 days ago
1/1/01
ConorWinsTheRematch - 
wrongaboutVitali -
the_decimator - 
ConorWinsTheRematch -

The_Decimaator is one of the biggest clowns and NEWBS on this site. Goodness what a goof. He posts examples of Gsp jabbing ORTHODOX fighters lmao. Conor is a southpaw derp. Goodness what an EXPOSED NEWB. Southpaw vs orthodox=leadhands clashing=already in position to check/control/smoother Gsp's leadhand, and take it out of play. Which is exactly the kind of fighter Conor is.

"let me show you how Gsp would jab Conor by posting examples against orthodox fighters"

Everyone else can see what a joke this troll is, right? That's how you know these people know absolutely NOTHING about fighting. It makes sense, he's a Khabob fan. 

The_decimator, you dont ever want to have this convo with me. My knowledge of fighting is way out of your comprehension. You have no clue who I am lol. You're way out of your league. You don't ever actually want to talk actual fight specifics with me. I will embarrass you every time. You clearly know fuck all about fighting. stick to your Khabib fanboy trolling. That's all you know

LMAO 

Well it seems he wants a response.

If Conor is getting taken down by a small 145er, GSP throws him out of the cage.

People forget that GSP made the model, hard wrestling during rounds 1 and 2. Then the lactic acid builds up in the opponents shoulders and they aren't dangerous strikers any more. Just slow pillow punches. It worked for GSP 9 times, making him the most decorated WW in UFC history. 

GSP then has the option to rest and strike or go back to grappling.

Khabib uses this same model, surprised?

He rested round 3 in the Conor fight, but at first sight people thought Conor lost all rounds. Why? He was pillow punching, his strikes carried no damage. Khabib seems to carry more power in the striking exchanges. Khabib in one series even chose to slap instead of punch for fucks sake. Look how slow Dustin's strikes were in round 3 standing, some old lady on the street could slip those punches. If Kabib's dad wasn't there, I think champ's ego would've had Khabib standing with Dustin for a few minutes. It is the same reason that's why Khabib stood and got the better of Al in the championship rounds. 

GSP laid the groundwork and you think because Conor keeps a higher leadhand he will win the fight wtih GSP.

Just stop posting. Your stupidity is inciting mob mentality. You have only made people hate Conor when they acutally like him before. You couldn't be any more pathetic.

Good post.

LMAO. Get out of my thread. Go slide into his DMs or something 

You see? Comments like this make it impossible to have a reasonable discussion with you if it doesn't fit your narrative. You pat your own shoulder talking about how insightful your breakdowns are, and ask for insightful replies in turn, but the second someone disagrees with you, you turn into a child.

I complimented the guy on his post. That's all. And you immediately tell me to get out of your thread. If you're going to insist on what a valuable poster you are, then may I suggest growing a thicker skin?
Edited: 11 days ago
1/9/11
wrongaboutVitali -
ConorWinsTheRematch - 

Conor won't be drawn in. its Conor himself usually drawing opponents in with distance deception traps. And That's especially not going to happen with Conor constantly checking, pre-ocuppying, and controlling Gsp's leadhand. You see, I'm always ok with reasonable opinions. What I will refute is dumb opinions that have no basis in reality. And Sorry but your post about Gsp drawing Conor in is fan fiction at best. It might even be Conor locking down Gsp's leadhand, and as a result drawing out right hand responses to counter ala Bunchinger. Gsp never had the feet and proper weight transferring to respond with right hands quickly. The more you break down the striking the more you see just how bad of a match up Conor is for Gsp on the feet. 

I do know what I'm watching. I am also giving my opinion. For you to call it dumb is no different than anyone calling your opinion dumb.

You ask for insightful replies, claiming your posts are always insightful and informative, but the minute anyone disagrees with you, you accuse them of not knowing what they're talking about, as though your opinion (because let's be honest, this is ALL conjecture) is the final word.

Here is my opinion: Conor's only chance in this fight is to catch GSP early, and GSP plays it way too safe to allow such a thing to happen, hence my drawing Conor in comment. I can see Conor's misinterpreting GSP's playing it safe as GSP being afraid to engage in the stnad-up early on, which may actually be true.

But here's one thing I would bet my life on. GSP WILL take Conor down at will. He WILL tire Conor out. Conor's power WILL be gone by then, and after that, GSP WILL coast to an easy, albeit safe, victory. Just my opinion, which, at the end of the day, like yours, means nothing.

You are being waaaaay too nice to this fool.

This thread will have the most downvotes not only because he DVs anyone who disagrees with him but everyone downvotes him out of retaliation. I admit it, after reading some of his posts, I wish a single SN could vote more than once.. I've tried, shit...  Never thought my IQ could drop just by reading some of his "opinions".

11 days ago
12/7/18
wrongaboutVitali -
ConorWinsTheRematch - 

Theres a difference. You cant call my post dumb when its backed by actual reality, and factual examples showcasing exact specifics. I'm actually speaking the launage of fighting. You arent. Your post was merely a "play by play fan fiction." People can absolutely call that dumb. You didn't cite any examples, post anything, breaking down specifics

The only thing I was addressing was you saying Gsp would "draw" Conor in. That's just not based in reality. Its Conor who does the drawing in with distance deception traps for one. And that is especially not going to happen when Conor is controlling Gsp's jabhand and taking it out of play.

You know, people keep ignoring that without the jab to set up his takedowns or hide his takedowns, Gsp's takedowns are much more telegraphed. I guarantee you that when Conor is taking away gsp's jab, he's also going to be stuffing some takedowns.

To say that Conor winning would be luck, also shows a clear lack of knowledge of any fighting, and is just disrepectful. Because if you actually know anything about fighting then you know how well Conor actually matches up with GSP stylistically and skill wise. If it stay standing its Conors fight to win. Obviously that's the big question though. Will it stay standing

Edited: 11 days ago
12/7/18
Bigtrain2681 -
ConorWinsTheRematch -
Bigtrain2681 -
ConorWinsTheRematch -

You dont know what you're watching if you think Conor will just be drawn in. its Conor himself usually drawing opponents in with distance deception traps. And That's especially not going to happen with Conor constantly checking, pre-ocuppying, and controlling Gsp's leadhand. You see, I'm always ok with reasonable opinions. What I will refute is dumb opinions that have no basis in reality. And Sorry but your post about Gsp drawing Conor in is fan fiction. It might even be Conor looking down Gsp's leadhand, and drawing out right hand responses to counter ala Bunchinger. Gsp never had the feet and proper weight transferring to respond with right hands quickly. The more you break down the striking the more you see just how bad of a match up Conor is for Gsp on the feet. 

Whatta cunt. 

Why would I be a fan of some random anonymous troll over the internet. I need to actually know who are in order to be a fan, and frankly no one knows who you are lol. Get a grip

11 days ago
1/1/01
Backed by reality? This is ALL opinion. It's like arguing who would win between Superman vs. Thor.

But whatever. You have your opinion and I have mine.

And for the record, I did NOT call your post dumb. I said, after you called my opinion dumb FIRST, that for you do so is no different than me doing so.
11 days ago
2/23/19
ConorWinsTheRematch -
wrongaboutVitali -
ConorWinsTheRematch - 

Theres a difference. You cant call my post dumb when its backed by actual reality, and factual examples showcasing exact specifics. I'm actually speaking the launage of fighting. You arent. Your post was merely a "play by play fan fiction." People can absolutely call that dumb. You didn't cite any examples, post anything, breaking down specifics

The only thing I was addressing was you saying Gsp would "draw" Conor in. That's just not based in reality. Its Conor who does the drawing in with distance deception traps for one. And that is especially not going to happen when Conor is controlling Gsp's jabhand and taking it out of play.

You know, people keep ignoring that without the jab to set up his takedowns or hide his takedowns, Gsp's takedowns are much more telegraphed. I guarantee you that when Conor is taking away gsp's jab, he's also going to be stuffing some takedowns.

To say that Conor winning would be luck, also shows a clear lack of knowledge of any fighting, and is just disrepectful. Because if you actually know anything about fighting then you know how well Conor actually matches up with GSP stylistically and skill wise. If it stay standing its Conors fight to win. Obviously that's the big question though. Will it stay standing

Do you think it would stay standing?

Edited: 10 days ago
12/7/18
wrongaboutVitali -
ConorWinsTheRematch - 
wrongaboutVitali -
the_decimator - 
ConorWinsTheRematch -

The_Decimaator is one of the biggest clowns and NEWBS on this site. Goodness what a goof. He posts examples of Gsp jabbing ORTHODOX fighters lmao. Conor is a southpaw derp. Goodness what an EXPOSED NEWB. Southpaw vs orthodox=leadhands clashing=already in position to check/control/smoother Gsp's leadhand, and take it out of play. Which is exactly the kind of fighter Conor is.

"let me show you how Gsp would jab Conor by posting examples against orthodox fighters"

Everyone else can see what a joke this troll is, right? That's how you know these people know absolutely NOTHING about fighting. It makes sense, he's a Khabob fan. 

The_decimator, you dont ever want to have this convo with me. My knowledge of fighting is way out of your comprehension. You have no clue who I am lol. You're way out of your league. You don't ever actually want to talk actual fight specifics with me. I will embarrass you every time. You clearly know fuck all about fighting. stick to your Khabib fanboy trolling. That's all you know

LMAO 

Well it seems he wants a response.

If Conor is getting taken down by a small 145er, GSP throws him out of the cage.

People forget that GSP made the model, hard wrestling during rounds 1 and 2. Then the lactic acid builds up in the opponents shoulders and they aren't dangerous strikers any more. Just slow pillow punches. It worked for GSP 9 times, making him the most decorated WW in UFC history. 

GSP then has the option to rest and strike or go back to grappling.

Khabib uses this same model, surprised?

He rested round 3 in the Conor fight, but at first sight people thought Conor lost all rounds. Why? He was pillow punching, his strikes carried no damage. Khabib seems to carry more power in the striking exchanges. Khabib in one series even chose to slap instead of punch for fucks sake. Look how slow Dustin's strikes were in round 3 standing, some old lady on the street could slip those punches. If Kabib's dad wasn't there, I think champ's ego would've had Khabib standing with Dustin for a few minutes. It is the same reason that's why Khabib stood and got the better of Al in the championship rounds. 

GSP laid the groundwork and you think because Conor keeps a higher leadhand he will win the fight wtih GSP.

Just stop posting. Your stupidity is inciting mob mentality. You have only made people hate Conor when they acutally like him before. You couldn't be any more pathetic.

Good post.

LMAO. Get out of my thread. Go slide into his DMs or something 

You see? Comments like this make it impossible to have a reasonable discussion with you if it doesn't fit your narrative. You pat your own shoulder talking about how insightful your breakdowns are, and ask for insightful replies in turn, but the second someone disagrees with you, you turn into a child.

I complimented the guy on his post. That's all. And you immediately tell me to get out of your thread. If you're going to insist on what a valuable poster you are, then may I suggest growing a thicker skin?

This is how people try to create a false narrative, to attack. They cant ever address any actual points, so they make things personal and claim falsehoods. I gave you a light hearted response, considering how you were just hugging that trolls nuts purely out of spite. That had nothing to do with any disagreements. In order for disagreements to occur, actual counterpoints have to be brought up. And you, and him, have brought up zero relevant counterpoints. That was just me having fun with 2 trolls. I already posted an insightful breakdown in the OP, so it's on you to counter with something intelligent to get me to actually take your response serious

10 days ago
1/1/01
Liberal? Troll? You know NOTHING about me. You're just assuming and attacking (hypocrisy?) again because I don't agree with you.

But whatever. This clearly means more to you than it does to me, so I'll let you have it. Good luck.
10 days ago
12/7/18
The Magician Longs to See -
ConorWinsTheRematch -
wrongaboutVitali -
ConorWinsTheRematch - 

It depends lol. Obviously most will say no way. I get that. i totally understand that. Gsp is the greatest wrestler in MMA history. And dont get me wrong. Gsp did have fantastic striking In his own right. Its just that Conor is the better striker+matches up really well with him striking wise. if Conor does land big shots early, it will change the dynamics of the fight. it's certainly possible. But I know that Conor would be an underdog. I'm just saying that I would believe in Conor's skill set to upset the odds. Conor has a habit of doing that. 

Edited: 10 days ago
12/7/18
ConorWinsTheRematch -
wrongaboutVitali -
ConorWinsTheRematch - 

Also so you aware it was me who voted you up. And I'm sorry about earlier. I had you pegged wrong

10 days ago
2/23/19
ConorWinsTheRematch -
ConorWinsTheRematch -
wrongaboutVitali -
ConorWinsTheRematch - 

Also so you aware it was me who voted you up. And I'm sorry about earlier. I had you pegged wrong

Nothing to apologize for brudda. 

Passion is the name of the game!

10 days ago
12/14/15
ConorWinsTheRematch -
Bigtrain2681 -
ConorWinsTheRematch -
Bigtrain2681 -
ConorWinsTheRematch -

Whatta cunt. 

Why would I be a fan of some random anonymous troll over the internet. I need to actually know who are in order to be a fan, and frankly no one knows who you are lol. Get a grip

Bitch, you a fan. 

10 days ago
1/19/12

Lol. 

10 days ago
10/27/03

Conor would light up GSP on his feet.

GSP would take Conor down. He wasn’t an ego fighter that needed to beat people at their own game. He’d hold Conor down and ride top position.

10 days ago
5/9/06

I gotta say, “The_Decimator_of_mens_buttholes strikes again” was a pretty funny comment. 

Lol. 

10 days ago
1/9/11
Morgz -

I gotta say, “The_Decimator_of_mens_buttholes strikes again” was a pretty funny comment. 

Lol. 

I have to give credit to Conor'sFannyPack, he takes it well.

I'm not greedy, it's an open relationship! My bitch can be everyone's. He may shoot you the occasional dirty look but in reality, he loves the abuse.

10 days ago
8/28/17
Balls Mahoney -

I think it’s actually a lot closer than some of you guys think. GSP isn’t taking his hgh/epo sauce like he did when he ran through the welterweight division. He didn’t look good at all against Bisping, but then again yeah, GSP would manhandle him in the 1st rnd or two until he gets gassed then caught. 

What? You’re talking about GSP gassing when he’s fighting a guy who looks up at the clock in the second round and runs away huffing and puffing. People seem to also forget GSP takes down every single fighter and there is no escaping that, where on the other side McGregor has 0.000000000% takedown defence. Give me a fucking break with all this McGregor could beat GSP bullshit lmao

10 days ago
4/20/16
ConorWinsTheRematch -
Animated GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

This was such a beautiful left Conor hit underneath Duffy's jab.

Also beautiful how Conor lands, then steps back, away from return fire. Conor is the best fighter in MMA when it comes to "hit and do not get hit."

Conor truly is absolutely masterful at moving his head to the outside of the jab while shooting his left underneath it. Pacquiao was infamous for this.

Conor would DESTROY Gsp. Not only nullify his jab by smoothering his leadhand with his leadhand, but he would also be hitting counter lefts underneath Gsp's jabs or probes, all night long. Conor vs Gsp would look like Pacquiao vs Oscar

Are you really jacking off to a punch Connor threw in a fight he got submitted in? Take your Proper12 tinted glasses off ffs.

Also, you omitted a glaringly obvious factor in your original dissertation....GSP has no quit in him. McGregor has quit more times than a smoker during lent. 

Mcgregor is indeed a good fighter, but GSP is the GOAT. Highest IQ of any fighter to ever set foot in the octagon...your 20page ramblings on McGregors skill don’t make you sound knowledgeable, only unbearable!

You’re the guy who talks too much in a job interview and talks himself out of the job.

10 days ago
12/14/15
ufcwatcher -

Terrible breakdown.

GSP would take down Conor in 4 seconds and by the time Conor got up he'd have no power in his hands and get beaten from pillar to post.

OP must have mental problems.

OP must have mental problems? I think this is an absolute given. That and he’s a cunt. 

10 days ago
5/15/15

I dont understand this breakdown at all.

Conor has no gas tank and is inept at fighting off his back. 

It would be GSPs easiest fight in years... Conor should fight Dan Hardy coming back if hes now set on fighting older guys.

9 days ago
12/7/14
ConorWinsTheRematch -
Bigtrain2681 -

Mendes took Mcgregor down at will. GSP is bigger and ten times better than Chad. Mcgregor would get finished. Brutally. Weight classes exist for a reason. 

This proves that these momos didn't even read my breakdown. That's exactly what I say in my last paragraph. That Gsp could end up likely being too big for Conor. I however broke down EXACTLY why Conor would wreck Gsp in a STRIKING contest. In summary: southpaw vs orthodox=leadhands clash. Conor is big on leadhand control and if you smoother/nullify/or discourage Gsp from jabbing with leadhand control Gsp is not half the fighter. Taking away Gsp's jab also effects his ability to set up or hide his takedowns. Conor is absolutely not the easy fight for Gsp the newbs think 

Connor would be to scared of the takedown, just like he was vs khabib. Yes in just a striking match Connor has a chance, but unfortunately for Connor, MMA is more then striking. 

9 days ago
10/11/18
GSP is training even when he doesn't have a fight coming up. Conor is drunk out of his mind and hasn't trained since the Khabib fight.
9 days ago
3/12/15

I love GSP and consider him to be the most accomplished fighter ever. But you’re delusional if you think Conor wouldn’t wreck him on the feet.