UnderGround Forums Conor on Khabib

Edited: 1/14/21 10:40 AM
1/1/01

In his recent MacLife interview when asked about Khabib and his retirement Conor says stuff like...

"It is what it is, how he could walk away at this stage is baffling to me but each to their own".

"Even the Tony situation, you are scheduled to fight a man, no matter what, you can't just scurry away from bouts. Its been the hallmark of his approach, I was not surprised to see him walk away or scurry away, you know. It is what it is, we carry on".

Lets take a look at the past five years of both men's UFC career.

In that time Conor has gone 3-2 and he did not bother to defend the LW title when he won it. His latest win was over a shot fighter and he was looking to fight a shot Diego Sanchez after that win. Conor also got the title fight because Dana and Eddie picked him over Khabib despite the fact Khabib was the rightful contender while Conor was 0-0 at LW and had just gone 1-1 at WW vs Nate and some people feel he went 0-2 vs Nate. After CONOR LOST TO KHABIB, he did not fight for almost one and a half years and returned vs a shot fighter at WW because he could not be bothered to cut weight.

In the same timeframe Khabib is 7-0 in the UFC at LW, one of those wins was Horcher who had to replace Tony because Tony pulled out of the Khabib fight with injury. Khabib also beat Iaquinta for the belt because Conor had left the sport and once again, Tony was out with injury. Khabib was then happy to fight Conor and he smoked him, made him tap. Then he beat Dustin. Gaethje destroyed Tony and then Khabib beat Gaethje, right after losing his coach and father.

Khabib is a 13-0 UFC LW and the greatest LW of all time.

Conor is a 1-1 UFC LW and he was gifted his title shot so the promotion could make money.

A 1-1 LW can't talk about a 13-0 LW who beat him "scurrying away" when he decides to retire. Well he can but its just talk that nobody buys.

1/14/21 10:18 AM
1/1/01

1/14/21 10:21 AM
12/26/19

Rent free

1/14/21 10:35 AM
2/9/09

He's 1-1 at LW. 

also, how can he talk about "walking away" when Conor has retired 3x already all in the Prime years. 

We are lucky to see him fight 1x a year. 

1/14/21 10:40 AM
1/1/01
Bend The Knee -

He's 1-1 at LW. 

also, how can he talk about "walking away" when Conor has retired 3x already all in the Prime years. 

We are lucky to see him fight 1x a year. 

How could I forget, he could not even be bothered to cut weight when fighting a shot fighter after he lost to Khabib and took a year off.

1/14/21 12:07 PM
1/1/01

"scurry" away?  Really?!  The guy is a master troll.

1/14/21 12:44 PM
10/6/02
deepu - 

scurry- a small animal (or small person) moving hurriedly with short quick steps
1/14/21 12:52 PM
10/3/16

He's not wrong.

Khabib has pulled out so many fights during his UFC career. Way more than the average fighter. Why?

1/14/21 1:18 PM
10/6/02
When people scurry somewhere, they move there quickly and hurriedly, especially because they are frightened
1/14/21 1:29 PM
1/1/01
MarcusAurelioFan -

He's not wrong.

Khabib has pulled out so many fights during his UFC career. Way more than the average fighter. Why?

Khabib has had a few injuries like a lot of elite fighters but he is still a 13-0 UFC LW and the GOAT LW while Conor is just a 1-1 LW who has been submitted by Khabib.

1/14/21 1:42 PM
4/21/06

https://www.mmafighting.com/2021/1/14/22230534/conor-mcgregor-not-surprised-khabib-nurmagomedov-would-scurry-away-retirement-rather-fight-again

1/14/21 1:42 PM
4/21/06

Conor still TROLLING for that fight

1/14/21 2:07 PM
2/5/06

Khabib is meeting with Dana in UAE

Dana has specifically stated he will be trying to get Khabib to come back for at least one more.

Conor is trying to help by pushing Khabib's buttons.

1/14/21 2:27 PM
11/8/08
Hong Kong Phooey -

Conor still TROLLING for that fight

This

1/14/21 3:11 PM
9/22/11

DUSTIN will smoke him back to irrelevance. 

1/14/21 3:34 PM
4/11/10

Conor  = Rousey

cant wait until he’s out of the picture 

1/14/21 3:43 PM
4/21/06

Conor McGregor plotting “a good stint” at lightweight, Nate Diaz trilogy

Conor McGregor plotting “a good stint” at lightweight, Nate Diaz trilogy

1/14/21 6:02 PM
6/27/05
MarcusAurelioFan -

He's not wrong.

Maybe he’s concerned with his long term health.

Ever hear of Spencer Fisher?

1/14/21 6:18 PM
2/5/06
Dead President - 

Conor  = Rousey

Lol

It's so funny to me to see people go full retard just because they don't like someone.

I know the truth is hard for you to hear, but Conor is a fantastic fighter, this isn't an opinion. At 145-155 he's one of the best to ever do it, in fact, Khabib is the only one I'd rank higher.

This fight will not be competitive, I love Dustin, he's one of my favorites but this fight will not look much different than the Cowboy fight.

1/14/21 6:22 PM
12/26/19
CaptainWoody -
Dead President - 

Conor  = Rousey

Lol

It's so funny to me to see people go full retard just because they don't like someone.

I know the truth is hard for you to hear, but Conor is a fantastic fighter, this isn't an opinion. At 145-155 he's one of the best to ever do it, in fact, Khabib is the only one I'd rank higher.

This fight will not be competitive, I love Dustin, he's one of my favorites but this fight will not look much different than the Cowboy fight.

If you really think that McGregor is the second greatest LW of all time, with a record of 1-1 in the division, I'd recommend you lay off the fucking crack man. 145, certainly so, but he doesn't have the body of work to make that claim at LW. He's literally not even top 50 LW of all time.

1/14/21 6:23 PM
10/3/16
Stu Cazzo -
MarcusAurelioFan -

He's not wrong.

Maybe he’s concerned with his long term health.

Ever hear of Spencer Fisher?

Guy who botches his weight cuts ain't the same as a guy who spent hours getting into decision fights.

1/14/21 9:13 PM
6/27/02
deepu -

It was the perfect word to use lol 

1/14/21 9:18 PM
11/24/13

His hairline is about as bad as Usman's now.

1/14/21 10:08 PM
3/15/10
BJ Penn Forever -

In his recent MacLife interview when asked about Khabib and his retirement Conor says stuff like...

"It is what it is, how he could walk away at this stage is baffling to me but each to their own".

"Even the Tony situation, you are scheduled to fight a man, no matter what, you can't just scurry away from bouts. Its been the hallmark of his approach, I was not surprised to see him walk away or scurry away, you know. It is what it is, we carry on".

Lets take a look at the past five years of both men's UFC career.

In that time Conor has gone 3-2 and he did not bother to defend the LW title when he won it. His latest win was over a shot fighter and he was looking to fight a shot Diego Sanchez after that win. Conor also got the title fight because Dana and Eddie picked him over Khabib despite the fact Khabib was the rightful contender while Conor was 0-0 at LW and had just gone 1-1 at WW vs Nate and some people feel he went 0-2 vs Nate. After CONOR LOST TO KHABIB, he did not fight for almost one and a half years and returned vs a shot fighter at WW because he could not be bothered to cut weight.

In the same timeframe Khabib is 7-0 in the UFC at LW, one of those wins was Horcher who had to replace Tony because Tony pulled out of the Khabib fight with injury. Khabib also beat Iaquinta for the belt because Conor had left the sport and once again, Tony was out with injury. Khabib was then happy to fight Conor and he smoked him, made him tap. Then he beat Dustin. Gaethje destroyed Tony and then Khabib beat Gaethje, right after losing his coach and father.

Khabib is a 13-0 UFC LW and the greatest LW of all time.

Conor is a 1-1 UFC LW and he was gifted his title shot so the promotion could make money.

A 1-1 LW can't talk about a 13-0 LW who beat him "scurrying away" when he decides to retire. Well he can but its just talk that nobody buys.

Says the guy that throws tantrums and “retires” every other month.

Call a spade a spade: he’s obviously a financially successful person and a good fighter but the guy is still a loser.

1/14/21 10:09 PM
10/27/03
MarcusAurelioFan - 

He's not wrong.

To ride his motorbike?