9/21/19 7:29 PM
8/4/12

How much better do you think McGregor would do at a bigger camp like AKA or Jackson Wink even a place like The MMA LAB. This is all hypothetical of course but imagine how much better his wrestling would get training with guys like Khabib or grappling with guys like Benson. Having a Greg Jackson game plan.  And even more hypothetical maybe before Floyd or Alvarez

9/21/19 7:33 PM
1/30/15
He is a 2 division weight champ. I think he is fine where he is at.
9/21/19 8:20 PM
6/30/11

He needs Paul Heyman as his manager

9/21/19 8:21 PM
9/3/12

It would have improved some but he wouldn’t have become elite, Conor is still one of the best in the game at mma 

9/21/19 8:23 PM
3/12/15

He’s already the best fighter who ever lived. 

Hes his own biggest rival. 

9/21/19 9:14 PM
5/23/11

He should have just gone to the WWE right after the Floyd payday. He would have been happier with fixed results. 

9/21/19 9:19 PM
8/13/13
The Lion King -

He’s already the best fighter who ever lived. 

Hes his own biggest rival. 

Lol bet you would eat his shit 

9/21/19 9:19 PM
1/1/01
Swift1 - 

He should have just gone to the WWE right after the Floyd payday. He would have been happier with fixed results. 

Half their female wrestlers weigh more than that little Irish midget twig. Charlotte Flair would snap him in two.
9/22/19 7:30 AM
10/11/18
Would his ego allow him to just be another guy in the gym? He seem to have grown too accustomed to having everything revolve around him.
9/22/19 7:45 AM
9/24/12
BJ Penn Forever -
Swift1 - 

Half their female wrestlers weigh more than that little Irish midget twig. Charlotte Flair would snap him in two.

Ironic having a your sig name and calling anyone a midget.

9/22/19 9:12 AM
1/1/01
Johnzandt - 
BJ Penn Forever -
Swift1 - 

I was just trolling those five SN's that worship Conor.
9/22/19 10:12 AM
1/12/05

I don't think a big name camp would help him at all. Focusing too much on wrestling and BJJ would lead to his stiking not being as sharp as it needs to be. His camp for Khabib was grappling focused and brought in high legel guys. By his own admission, it was a complete disaster. 

The only thing SBG isn't doing for him is convincing him to go back to 145

9/22/19 10:18 AM
3/12/15
BJ Penn Forever -
Johnzandt - 
BJ Penn Forever -
Swift1 - 

“I was just pretending to be retarded”

You got wrecked as badly as BJ did by that fat bum in a street fight 

29 days ago
10/11/18
Bobby Lupo - 

I don't think a big name camp would help him at all. Focusing too much on wrestling and BJJ would lead to his stiking not being as sharp as it needs to be. His camp for Khabib was grappling focused and brought in high legel guys. By his own admission, it was a complete disaster. 

Wrestling would be a good thing for him since 155 is loaded with them. Plus his One Punch Ko power hasn't made the transition to 155 so focusing solely on that is foolish.

The problem with Conor going to a big name camp is that they'll likely have a lot of big name fighters so Conor won't be able to throw his weight around and get special treatment like he does with SBG since he's the only star and champion to come out of there. His ego wouldn't be able to take being treated like just another guy in the gym.
29 days ago
1/1/01
The Lion King - 
BJ Penn Forever -
Johnzandt - 
BJ Penn Forever -
Swift1 - 

“I was just pretending to be retarded”

You got wrecked as badly as BJ did by that fat bum in a street fight 

Insulting BJ does not bother me. I don't worship him as a fighter or person. You Conor fanboys think other people are as obsessed with fighters as you are but that is not the case.
29 days ago
4/19/17
Mr Karate -
Bobby Lupo - 

Wrestling would be a good thing for him since 155 is loaded with them. Plus his One Punch Ko power hasn't made the transition to 155 so focusing solely on that is foolish.

The problem with Conor going to a big name camp is that they'll likely have a lot of big name fighters so Conor won't be able to throw his weight around and get special treatment like he does with SBG since he's the only star and champion to come out of there. His ego wouldn't be able to take being treated like just another guy in the gym.

Isn't Conor like 2-1 at lightweight in his career with 2 ko's? I would say his power transitioned just fine. 

29 days ago
10/11/18
Lights Out Lurker - 
Mr Karate -
Bobby Lupo - 

Isn't Conor like 2-1 at lightweight in his career with 2 ko's? I would say his power transitioned just fine. 

Certainly not as easy as it was at 145.
29 days ago
11/8/08

Why do people keep going on about improving his wrestling. It's not a part of his game and really not worth focusing on exclusively at this point in his career. He already does work on it to a degree but not to the point of sacrificing his strengths and primary weapons. Even if he did decide to improve it you have to realize that there's not really a lot he can do in the time he has left. Do you think he's ever going to get to the level where his wreatling can stand up to guys who have been training for decades? If you've ever wrestled or trained bjj think about what level you were after 1 year of wrestling in school multiple time as week and competing. You still sucked and were just barely learning. After a year of bjj you would probably be a low level lue belt who would get smashed by anyone with more experience. Now add that to mma and realize that you'll never see Conor shooting singles and doubles, pulling off reversals or fending off takedowns. You don't just switch up things in mma and totally change your style. Dance with who you brought the dance.

29 days ago
12/14/15
Lights Out Lurker -
Mr Karate -
Bobby Lupo - 

2-2. And finished twice. Power may have held up but nothing else has in comparison to his advantages at 145lbs. 

28 days ago
1/12/05
JoeHurley - 

Why do people keep going on about improving his wrestling. It's not a part of his game and really not worth focusing on exclusively at this point in his career. He already does work on it to a degree but not to the point of sacrificing his strengths and primary weapons. Even if he did decide to improve it you have to realize that there's not really a lot he can do in the time he has left. Do you think he's ever going to get to the level where his wreatling can stand up to guys who have been training for decades? If you've ever wrestled or trained bjj think about what level you were after 1 year of wrestling in school multiple time as week and competing. You still sucked and were just barely learning. After a year of bjj you would probably be a low level lue belt who would get smashed by anyone with more experience. Now add that to mma and realize that you'll never see Conor shooting singles and doubles, pulling off reversals or fending off takedowns. You don't just switch up things in mma and totally change your style. Dance with who you brought the dance.

100% this. He's so far ahead of the pack in striking and so behind in wrestling that it's not only a waste of time, but it caused him to look lackluster in the standup. The whole Khabib camp was spent working on scrambles and sweeps and that strategy of not expending energy when he was on his back. Afterwards, he realized what an awful idea that was and promised to never have a negative camp like that where he's trying not to lose. I don't know if a normal camp would have mattered in the outcome, but he'd have had a fighting chance. 

His power is great at 145, but not special at 155. These UFC LWs are guys who walk at 180-190, Conor on a fast food bender is still under 170. He caught Khabib with some big shots and countered Mayweather with a huge looking uppercut, and it was like nothing happened. Paulie says that Conor's a very strong guy and has good hands, but his power is nothing special for 154. 

Edited: 28 days ago
1/23/06

He's a Featherweight that hasn't been disciplined enough to stay at his ideal weight class.

Someone like Tony Ferguson would have such physical advantages if they thought it'd be difficult to overcome that obstacle alone.

28 days ago
4/13/07
RyenAZ -

How much better do you think McGregor would do at a bigger camp like AKA or Jackson Wink even a place like The MMA LAB. This is all hypothetical of course but imagine how much better his wrestling would get training with guys like Khabib or grappling with guys like Benson. Having a Greg Jackson game plan.  And even more hypothetical maybe before Floyd or Alvarez

I think attending AA regularly and getting a sponsor would be better than changing camps. Imaging his 

28 days ago
4/13/07
sage77 -
RyenAZ -

I think attending AA regularly and getting a sponsor would be better than changing camps. Imaging his 

28 days ago
4/13/07

Damn app. Imagine his cardio improvements if he eliminated alcohol and coke.

28 days ago
1/23/06
Or maybe Conor's actually a Lightweight now and that division is just a shark tank.

Regardless McGregor's obviously not going to be able to implement his all around game as well at 155 as 145. Islam Makhachev seems like he'd win pretty easily in the grappling and clinch if he fought Conor today, just a much naturally larger fighter who has never touched a drop of alcohol or any drugs because it's against his religion.

The guys who are Conor's size have better cardio and wrestling motors. Gregor Gillespie can't be held back forever.