UnderGround Forums Conor vs. Iaquinta pick em here

1/9/19 5:04 PM
1/23/06
1/9/19 5:13 PM
11/21/05

1 thing is for damned sure nobody is going to get in to Al's head and he will not panic we seen this against khabib. Al is calculated he's a problem for anyone. If there was a 1 night lightweight tournament my money is on Al.

1/9/19 5:16 PM
3/28/17
Al, via anal rape
1/9/19 5:23 PM
4/16/13

I love Al but I'd take McGregor assuming he's been training and progressing. If the fire is gone and he's fat and content, like a lot of people think, then he'll probably have shit cardio and mentally fold.

The fact that McGregor is angling for this fight makes me think he still wants to have a bunch more fights. He's willing to fight a couple fights and build himself back up a bit. If he was done, I tend to think he'd push for the Khabib fight, as it would be a much bigger one time payoff.

1/9/19 5:40 PM
1/5/11

Id take just about anyone over Conor these days. Been a long time since he's looked good. He's not very hungry these days. Al would get in close, get dirty, and would never take a step back. Unless Conor's hands were as sharp as ever, Al all day.

I think al is a pain in the ass, always complaining about something or someone, but that tweet is awesome if real. Just words, but you know Al believes it. I think I do too.

Edited: 1/9/19 8:11 PM
11/10/18

Al is a way lesser version of Eddie Alvarez imo. Eddie didn’t fare too well against Conor. I think it’d be similar for Al. 

Jorge Masvidal easily beat Al. 

1/9/19 7:41 PM
6/23/09

Bad match up for Al.

1/9/19 9:15 PM
1/14/03
CRE -

When he's on it's like Ken Griffey Jr swinging the bat

Agreed. When Conor shows up prepared and confident, he's a real problem. But so is Al. I think it comes down to who is hungrier on fight night. Intangibles matter.

1/9/19 9:22 PM
12/26/13
Eskimo -

Al is a way lesser version of Eddie Alvarez imo. Eddie didn’t fare too well against Conor. I think it’d be similar for Al. 

Jorge Masvidal easily beat Al. 

Eddie has a lot of miles on him so while they may be stylistically similar, Al has taken considerably less damage then Eddie. 

I'd take All all day. 

1/10/19 12:48 AM
11/20/05

It's been years since Conor has hurt anyone with a strike. Lol, I'll take Al by heart and wrestling.

1/10/19 1:07 AM
5/18/18

All the hater bullshit aside. 

The Conor that showed up to fight Khabib would lose to most top ranked fighters. ANY other version of Conor picks Al apart and finishes him within two. 

Edited: 1/10/19 1:19 AM
2/15/06
Edited: 1/10/19 2:09 AM
2/12/13

Iaquinta finishes McGregor.

McGregor has completely lost all his spark in my opinion. His head isn't in the fight game anymore, too busy with his whiskey, family and being a business man.

His act is played out.

Edited: 1/10/19 2:38 AM
6/27/02
Risk vs reward isn't worth it for Conor. He needs to be real selective with this next match up, imo. No dominant wrestlers, no granite chins (with the exception of Nate), nobody with a gas tank like Max or Tony, and somebody with a bigger name than Al. I think Aldo @ 55 is perfect... Maybe somebody like Pettis. At some point they've gotta do Nate III as well. They have to figure out a way to get him a winnable fight (not that it would be a given with any names I've mentioned) so if he does somehow get another title shot they can at least have some kind of leg to stand on while they try to sell it and he needs a confidence boost big time. He's turning into a jobber / star creator right now... not unlike when things turned for BJ.
1/10/19 2:57 AM
7/19/13
keylockarmbar -

I think Al wants it more and has more tools to win plus cardio. Conor does have a hell of a left and good boxing so I give him more than a punchers chance but I pick Al for having a bigger heart.

.  Real Estate agent might even knock the leprechaun stiff. 

1/10/19 4:23 AM
12/7/18
leifdawg -
BigTedBear -

My 2 cents Raging Al uses his grappling and gets a submission on the mat for some reason I don't see this being a stand up fight.

If I was Al's coach, I would tell him to clinch and dirty box for around 2 rounds and then when he senses Conor start to slow, just turn up the heat until he Conor folds like a house of cards.

Lol Conor is the one who will actually smoother opponents, and tie them up on his his terms. On the inside Conor has brutal body punching, elbows, and great transitional striking off the clinch....

Animated GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Dana was right when he said Conor is the most under rated fighter in MMA. Conor has the boxing, kicking, inside game. Most complete striker in MMA by far. People sleep on how great of an in-fighter Conor is. Conor is insanely skilled with genius fight IQ, and yet no one ever gives Conor that credit. I don't know whether its ignorance, hate or both, but it's sad. Reminds me of how Ali wasnt appreciated until he retired. I would love for an opponent to try to just dirty box Conor, Conor would stifle them, punch their insides out, elbow their faces off, break off and land combos on the breakaway.

1/10/19 5:06 AM
1/13/11
awwdammit -

Al would absolutely annihilate Conor if they ever fought.

Al fought and shutdown Khabib during all 5 rounds of their title fight in a masterful performance.  That fight was made on less than 24 hours notice, and Al gave Khabib all kinds of trouble in the cage.

Conor had years to prepare for Khabib, but Khabib still absolutely mauled, brutalized, and humiliated Conor before he finally finished him.  

Conor's more well known for being a loud-mouthed, tantrum throwing quitter, who's little more than another walking cliché, like Jon Jones is now. 

Nobody's even remotely afraid of Conor anymore, and I can almost picture Al screaming in his face after Conor gets KTFO'd by him, lol.

Somebody is from NYC

1/10/19 5:58 AM
1/1/01

AND STILL.... a Conor nut hugger!

1/10/19 6:52 AM
3/6/14

Having £80+ million in the bank would take the hunger and drive to fight/compete out of alot of ppl. 

It's fun to hate McGregor since he was the biggest star for a few yrs and I would pick Al against him but McG would have a fair chance in the scrap and could finish Al easily if he had any openings. 

1/10/19 6:53 AM
4/19/17

Lol he says "one days notice" but he was there signed to fight already, idiot.

Edited: 1/10/19 7:12 AM
12/7/18
ironbelly -

Having £80+ million in the bank would take the hunger and drive to fight/compete out of alot of ppl. 

It's fun to hate McGregor since he was the biggest star for a few yrs and I would pick Al against him but McG would have a fair chance in the scrap and could finish Al easily if he had any openings. 

It's not fun to hate on Conor. Only a complete incel loser does so to try and feel better about their miserable life. Also, what are you even talking about? Conor is still the biggest star MMA has ever seen, and will remain so for life. Conor is responsible for all 5 of the highest selling PPVs in history lol. Then you even act like Conor would be this big underdog to freaking Al Iaquinta. Lmao im dying reading your post. Your post was a real poor attempt to appear "neutral." You ended up sounding like a hater anyway lol. Reminds me of that episode of futurama where a bunch of truckers are messing with Lela, and Fry thinks hes "sticking up" for Lela against them, but ends up insulting her even worse then the truckers ever did, like the dumbass he is. I have been seeing a lot of that lately in general. Some people just tying to appear neutral, but in the most backhanded way, and will end up spouting off bullshit thats just as bad as what transparent haters say.

1/10/19 7:23 AM
12/9/18

Al has only finished unranked washed up fighters in the UFC, every other fight he’s been in has been a war. He’s a good wrestler and beat the shit out of a stiff wrestler in Kevin lee but let’s not pretend he’s on Conor’s level of striking, Masvidal made him look lost on the feet then decided to coast for 2 rounds for some reason. Conor is a much better striker than Masvidal with a lot more power 

1/10/19 7:34 AM
5/9/06

Al posseses Conor's sole weakness, a ground game.  

It's very much like the khabib fight, IMO.  If Conor connects early, Al's in trouble.  If Al can get enough striking in to force the clinch, it's take down, gnp, rinse, repeat, eventually submit

1/10/19 7:50 AM
3/17/11

Before the beat downs at the hands of Diaz, Floyd and Khabib I would have said CM but now I’d have to say Al

1/10/19 8:08 AM
2/14/11

Would love to see this fight, I’d fancy Conor to take this but I’m a huge fan of Al’s so be delighted either way.

Would love Al to get a huge payday.