UnderGround Forums Conor vs. Iaquinta pick em here

1/10/19 10:42 AM
8/10/05
awwdammit - 

Al would absolutely annihilate Conor if they ever fought.

Al fought and shutdown Khabib during all 5 rounds of their title fight in a masterful performance.  That fight was made on less than 24 hours notice, and Al gave Khabib all kinds of trouble in the cage.

Conor had years to prepare for Khabib, but Khabib still absolutely mauled, brutalized, and humiliated Conor before he finally finished him.  

Conor's more well known for being a loud-mouthed, tantrum throwing quitter, who's little more than another walking cliché, like Jon Jones is now. 

Nobody's even remotely afraid of Conor anymore, and I can almost picture Al screaming in his face after Conor gets KTFO'd by him, lol.

Annihilate? Masterful? Mauled? Brutalized?

I take it you were a drama major in HS?

Styles make fights. At the end of the day, both guys lost to Khabib and both guys have differing styles from Khabib, so comparing their performances against Khabib as if that is some guarantee for how a matchup between the two would go, doesn't make much sense if any sense at all.
1/10/19 10:47 AM
12/6/11

Id rather see Raging Al against Gaethje

Im a huge Conor fan but the truth is that he lost his hunger after becoming super rich with the Mayweather fight.  He didnt take his training seriously in preparation for Khabib and paid for it.  He is now in the position of either proving back again that he is legit, or just fighting for simply another pay day. 

1/10/19 11:36 AM
11/10/18
BrckNoHitBk -
Eskimo -

Al is a way lesser version of Eddie Alvarez imo. Eddie didn’t fare too well against Conor. I think it’d be similar for Al. 

Jorge Masvidal easily beat Al. 

Huh? Terrible comparison. lol. Specially in 2019

I didn’t realize Eddie fought Conor this week.

1/10/19 1:38 PM
2/9/09

If it leaves round 1. Al

1/10/19 1:39 PM
2/9/09
HoldingTuasBalls -

Im a huge Conor fan but the truth is that he lost his hunger after becoming super rich with the Mayweather fight.  He didnt take his training seriously in preparation for Khabib and paid for it.  He is now in the position of either proving back again that he is legit, or just fighting for simply another pay day. 

I disagree. I don’t think the best Conor can beat Khabib. 

1/10/19 2:06 PM
12/6/11
The Closed Guard -
HoldingTuasBalls -

Im not saying he would have beat Khabib, but at the same time Conor didnt really take training seriously.  He was out drinking/partying and working on his whiskey brand. 

1/10/19 2:20 PM
7/19/13

Clowns keep saying Conor would replicate the problems Masvidal did..lol They’re not even comparable! Masvidal is a slick boxer who can tag you with either hand, he has a ground game, and he knows how to stuff takedowns. He’s hard to hit, whereas McGregor likes to trade shots. Masvidal and Conor’s boxing are COMPLETELY different! Masvidal is slick, crafty, fast, and he works behind a jab. Conor’s whole game revolves around one punch, a left hand straight. The secret is out.. he’s a one punch fighter. Guys like him get figured out and they never have the same success anymore. Not to mention that he has a fragile jaw, any pressure applied to his beard or neck will result in an instant tap from the coward. Al knows this and worst come to worst he would execute and go after the leprechaun’s achilles heel.. FATALITY. That said, some guys are riding Al about the quality of opposition he’s faced, and supposedly his lack of KO’s.. Foh with that shit! Those same 155lb fighters would beat the shit out of McGregor, or tap him. Conor hasn’t KO’d ANYBODY in the UFC at 155lb not named Eddie Alvarez. He’s literally a midget killer, and only thrived against smaller men. Meanwhile Al is usually smaller than his opponents, and still finds a way to win anyways! Al is smaller than Conor, yet he’s fought and beat the bigger and better opposition. Max Holloway is Conor’s greatest win imo, and that has an asterisk next to it, because that name holds weight due to who Max is today. Max was today is a COMPLETELY different animal than when he fought Conor. He’s progressed far more than Conor has. I rate Al above Conor simply for fighting men his size, and not just making his name fighting men smaller than himself. Conor’s whole career was built in the 145 division against men who were smaller than him. That head doesn’t lie! Max Holloway was not smaller, and he couldn’t KO him. I think it’s pretty damn clear at this point his power is nothing spectacular.. the aura is gone. He had the reach and size advantage against his best wins. Once he faces any kind of adversity he crumbles.. he doesn’t have heart. A fighter without heart isn’t going to fare well against the upper echelon. He ducked the 155lb division for as long as he could, and then came back and got his asskicked.. that’s called a delayed asswhooping. He delayed it for as long as he could... Kevin Lee would choke him out. Al is going to K him..

1/10/19 2:21 PM
7/19/13
HoldingTuasBalls -
The Closed Guard -
HoldingTuasBalls -

Im not saying he would have beat Khabib, but at the same time Conor didnt really take training seriously.  He was out drinking/partying and working on his whiskey brand. 

Stop making excuses! Lol Were you with him? The mf was training his ass off.. now suddenly he was partying. Nate literally came off a boat in Cabo and beat his ass. There are no excuses..

1/10/19 3:17 PM
12/7/18
The Closed Guard -
HoldingTuasBalls -

If only people knew the truth. Conor was no where near at his best against Khabib. Let's put it this way. If Conor and Khabib had fought at UFC 202, Conor would've smoked Khabib, made Khabib look like Alvarez. The rematch will correct things, and show people what the real deal is, and always was. I truly cant wait for it. 

1/10/19 3:52 PM
12/9/18
KnockoutThoughts -

Clowns keep saying Conor would replicate the problems Masvidal did..lol They’re not even comparable! Masvidal is a slick boxer who can tag you with either hand, he has a ground game, and he knows how to stuff takedowns. He’s hard to hit, whereas McGregor likes to trade shots. Masvidal and Conor’s boxing are COMPLETELY different! Masvidal is slick, crafty, fast, and he works behind a jab. Conor’s whole game revolves around one punch, a left hand straight. The secret is out.. he’s a one punch fighter. Guys like him get figured out and they never have the same success anymore. Not to mention that he has a fragile jaw, any pressure applied to his beard or neck will result in an instant tap from the coward. Al knows this and worst come to worst he would execute and go after the leprechaun’s achilles heel.. FATALITY. That said, some guys are riding Al about the quality of opposition he’s faced, and supposedly his lack of KO’s.. Foh with that shit! Those same 155lb fighters would beat the shit out of McGregor, or tap him. Conor hasn’t KO’d ANYBODY in the UFC at 155lb not named Eddie Alvarez. He’s literally a midget killer, and only thrived against smaller men. Meanwhile Al is usually smaller than his opponents, and still finds a way to win anyways! Al is smaller than Conor, yet he’s fought and beat the bigger and better opposition. Max Holloway is Conor’s greatest win imo, and that has an asterisk next to it, because that name holds weight due to who Max is today. Max was today is a COMPLETELY different animal than when he fought Conor. He’s progressed far more than Conor has. I rate Al above Conor simply for fighting men his size, and not just making his name fighting men smaller than himself. Conor’s whole career was built in the 145 division against men who were smaller than him. That head doesn’t lie! Max Holloway was not smaller, and he couldn’t KO him. I think it’s pretty damn clear at this point his power is nothing spectacular.. the aura is gone. He had the reach and size advantage against his best wins. Once he faces any kind of adversity he crumbles.. he doesn’t have heart. A fighter without heart isn’t going to fare well against the upper echelon. He ducked the 155lb division for as long as he could, and then came back and got his asskicked.. that’s called a delayed asswhooping. He delayed it for as long as he could... Kevin Lee would choke him out. Al is going to K him..

Lol he has had 2 fights a lightweight and knocked out the champ with ease. Khabib whooped his ass but saying Conor only has one punch exposes you for the clueless dork that you are. No chin? That was a huge shot khabib landed and he recovered pretty well. Your certainty that al would KO him is laughable, Al reaches down for the fake single leg and meets a straight left to the chin. Night night. 

1/10/19 9:25 PM
1/5/11
ConorWinsTheRematch -
The Closed Guard -
HoldingTuasBalls -

If only people knew the truth. Conor was no where near at his best against Khabib. Let's put it this way. If Conor and Khabib had fought at UFC 202, Conor would've smoked Khabib, made Khabib look like Alvarez. The rematch will correct things, and show people what the real deal is, and always was. I truly cant wait for it. 

"and always was".

Dude, he lost.

Edited: 1/10/19 9:34 PM
1/22/17
Whoever called AI a lesser version of Alvarez is a fucking idiot. They are absolutely nothing alike.
1/11/19 6:39 AM
12/27/10

I like Al but it’s Conor all day. 

And as usual the haters still can’t get it through their brain that without Conor the game would be 10 steps lower as a global sport. He brought life back into the game and when he goes the sport will suffer for it. We should all be supporting him coming back regardless if you like his personality or not. He’s done more for the sport than almost anyone in recent years. 

1/11/19 7:08 AM
5/9/06
HoldingTuasBalls - 

I wouldn't mind that fight either, but I would prefer Conor vs Gaethje.  Justin would stand right in front of Conor and swing (and potentially get counter KO'd), but this would be 2 guys striking the crap out of each other.

Edited: 1/11/19 10:29 AM
10/26/05

I don't know. Iaquinta likes to bang and his head movement is suspect. I would think Conor would be a pretty huge favorite here. 

1/11/19 11:16 AM
2/5/06
awwdammit - 

Al would absolutely annihilate Conor if they ever fought.

Al fought and shutdown Khabib during all 5 rounds of their title fight in a masterful performance.  That fight was made on less than 24 hours notice, and Al gave Khabib all kinds of trouble in the cage.

Conor had years to prepare for Khabib, but Khabib still absolutely mauled, brutalized, and humiliated Conor before he finally finished him.  

Conor's more well known for being a loud-mouthed, tantrum throwing quitter, who's little more than another walking cliché, like Jon Jones is now. 

Nobody's even remotely afraid of Conor anymore, and I can almost picture Al screaming in his face after Conor gets KTFO'd by him, lol.

MMA Math

"Al gave Khabib all kinds of trouble in the cage"

Because he didn't get finished? Khabib was in zero danger through every second of that fight.

Al has better wrestling than Conor...no doubt, but he uses it defensively, Al isn't an offensive wrestler. So on the feet Conor has waaaaay more of chance to wreck Al than you are giving him credit for.

I love when blind love/hate clouds peoples judgment to ridiculous levels
1/11/19 11:58 AM
1/12/05
JonesShinboneBumpedOffDCsTitle - Whoever called AI a lesser version of Alvarez is a fucking idiot. They are absolutely nothing alike.

They're both wrestleboxers, hard workers, and guys with limited striking defense. Al is more patient and stays within himself and the gameplan. Eddie has better attributes and cleaner technique, but he doesn't always fight smart. Al fights too smart sometimes.

Conor is a different level of athlete than either guy. He crushes this type of fighter. But Conor ain't Conor anymore.
1/11/19 12:45 PM
8/15/18

Al by tko 

1/11/19 2:24 PM
8/15/07
Al all day.
1/11/19 5:20 PM
1/1/01
Masvidal vs. Barboza/Conor would be amazing, imo. I'd pay to see that.
1/11/19 5:38 PM
3/18/14

Iaquinta most likely gets the finish