UnderGround Forums Conor's striking style, forward pressure

5 days ago
7/27/11

Conor's strengths are his weaknesses, he deliberately overreaches on shots in an attempt to back up his opponents against the cage. Whether it be a leaping cross, and spinning hook kick or a long overreaching jab. His chin is usually high in the air, his arms are extended to the point where he can't logically follow up on his strikes even if he did hurt his opponent...but the intention is never to hurt, it's just to put his opponent on the backfoot. Once he has them cornered, then the pressure and cross is to follow. It's a minimalist strategy but it works very well for him. 

5 days ago
5/8/16

Ok.. so how will it work with khabib?

5 days ago
7/27/11
Fahqhard -

Oh I'm not even talking about Khabib, I just wanted to talk about Conor's striking ability/style.

Conor doesn't really need to do much to hurt Khabib. He got rocked by Michael Johnson ffs.

5 days ago
3/18/12
Uhtred Ragnarson -
Fahqhard -

Oh I'm not even talking about Khabib, I just wanted to talk about Conor's striking ability/style.

Conor doesn't really need to do much to hurt Khabib. He got rocked by Michael Johnson ffs.

When did he get hurt by Johnson?

5 days ago
3/18/12

Let’s see a gif, it’s been a while since that fight 

5 days ago
4/13/15
BreakALegAndy! -
Uhtred Ragnarson -
Fahqhard -

I think this gets overblown.  He got stunned by him, but was never rocked.  Khabib has a hell of a chin, imo, ate a flush wheel kick from Barbosa like jt was nothing.  Also there is no shame in getting stung by Johnson, the guy has a win over Ferguson and blew Porier out of the water

5 days ago
3/18/12
stcpm02 -
BreakALegAndy! -
Uhtred Ragnarson -
Fahqhard -

I think this gets overblown.  He got stunned by him, but was never rocked.  Khabib has a hell of a chin, imo, ate a flush wheel kick from Barbosa like jt was nothing.  Also there is no shame in getting stung by Johnson, the guy has a win over Ferguson and blew Porier out of the water

I know there’s a gif out there that people like to post. MJ goes on a wild attack of about 4 strikes, Khabib looks like he gets hit maybe once. A big deal gets made of nothing in that clip. Maybe he was stunned, I still think that might be a reach. 

5 days ago
7/10/02
"He got rocked by Michael Johnson ffs" What a joke of a comment. MJ is not at the very top levels but he hits hard! And he didn't rock him that bad anyway. But he did hit him quite a few times in round 1, had impressive TD defense in that round too, Barbosa also connected, so did others. Khabib will take shots to give his and close in. So of course he can be KOed! But so far he has shown a good chin. But even Mark Hunt has been KOed and we all know Conor hits hard and precisely.

5 days ago
7/27/11

He was rocked and had no idea what to do when he was hurt. He backstepped and lowered his left arm.

Conor's orangutan arm will snake through that opening and put him out. Mystic Mac predicts deez tings.

5 days ago
3/18/12
Uhtred Ragnarson -

He was rocked and had no idea what to do when he was hurt. He backstepped and lowered his left arm.

Conor's orangutan arm will snake through that opening and put him out. Mystic Mac predicts deez tings.

And this is how you know he wasn’t rocked. 

5 days ago
7/27/11
BreakALegAndy! -
Uhtred Ragnarson -

Lol. Everyone on the commentary team acknowledged he was rocked, as did how many analysts and fighters during and thereafter.

MJ touched him up, wtf do you think Conor will do to him?

5 days ago
3/18/12
Uhtred Ragnarson -
BreakALegAndy! -
Uhtred Ragnarson -

Lol. Everyone on the commentary team acknowledged he was rocked, as did how many analysts and fighters during and thereafter.

Ah, so because someone else said it, that makes it true?

I guess watching the actual footage isn’t proof enough he wasn’t rocked. Never mind the actual fight, if Joe Rogan said it, it must be true!

5 days ago
7/27/11
BreakALegAndy! -
Uhtred Ragnarson -
BreakALegAndy! -
Uhtred Ragnarson -

I guess watching the actual footage isn’t proof enough he wasn’t rocked. Never mind the actual fight, if Joe Rogan said it, it must be true!

How does Khabib's dick taste?

You guys are worse than the casual fan McGregor fanboys. Jesus. He was rocked. Deal with it.

5 days ago
3/18/12
Uhtred Ragnarson -
BreakALegAndy! -
Uhtred Ragnarson -
BreakALegAndy! -
Uhtred Ragnarson -

You guys are worse than the casual fan McGregor fanboys. Jesus. He was rocked. Deal with it.

At no point in that fight was Khabib rocked.

I get it, you’re a McNooblet. But even for the most retarted fans like yourself, it should be clear Khabib was never rocked. 

McNooblets gunna McNooblet 

5 days ago
7/27/11
BreakALegAndy! -
Uhtred Ragnarson -
BreakALegAndy! -
Uhtred Ragnarson -
BreakALegAndy! -
Uhtred Ragnarson -

I get it, you’re a McNooblet. But even for the most retarted fans like yourself, it should be clear Khabib was never rocked. 

Yes he was.

How am I a McNooblet if I'm willing to point out his flaws and critique his fights? 

You Khabib fans just live in la la land. Let me guess, he also has amazing standup, his jab is Ali like and he smashes D.C., Cain and Rockhold all simultaneously?

Puuuuhlllllllleeeeeasssse

5 days ago
3/18/12
Uhtred Ragnarson -
BreakALegAndy! -
Uhtred Ragnarson -
BreakALegAndy! -
Uhtred Ragnarson -
BreakALegAndy! -
Uhtred Ragnarson -

Yes he was.

How am I a McNooblet if I'm willing to point out his flaws and critique his fights? 

You Khabib fans just live in la la land. Let me guess, he also has amazing standup, his jab is Ali like and he smashes D.C., Cain and Rockhold all simultaneously?

Post a gif of when Khabib got “rocked” by MJ. 

Lets just look at the proof, if it exsists. 

5 days ago
2/5/11
BreakALegAndy! -
Uhtred Ragnarson -
BreakALegAndy! -
Uhtred Ragnarson -
BreakALegAndy! -
Uhtred Ragnarson -
BreakALegAndy! -
Uhtred Ragnarson -

Yes he was.

Instead of arguing semantics like a beta just go rewatch the fight. There’s a point where Johnson connects hard, and if it was Mcgregor there’s a good chance khabib is turtling up

5 days ago
7/27/11
YonYones -
BreakALegAndy! -
Uhtred Ragnarson -
BreakALegAndy! -
Uhtred Ragnarson -
BreakALegAndy! -
Uhtred Ragnarson -
BreakALegAndy! -
Uhtred Ragnarson -

Yes he was.

Instead of arguing semantics like a beta just go rewatch the fight. There’s a point where Johnson connects hard, and if it was Mcgregor there’s a good chance khabib is turtling up

Yup yup yup!

5 days ago
3/18/12
YonYones -
BreakALegAndy! -
Uhtred Ragnarson -
BreakALegAndy! -
Uhtred Ragnarson -
BreakALegAndy! -
Uhtred Ragnarson -
BreakALegAndy! -
Uhtred Ragnarson -

Yes he was.

I have watched it, and at no pointed was Khabib rocked. Johnson connects, sure, but Khabib was never rocked.

If you guys are so sure he was rocked, show the footage. Never happened 

5 days ago
3/18/12
Uhtred Ragnarson -
YonYones -
BreakALegAndy! -
Uhtred Ragnarson -
BreakALegAndy! -
Uhtred Ragnarson -
BreakALegAndy! -
Uhtred Ragnarson -
BreakALegAndy! -
Uhtred Ragnarson -

Yes he was.

Yup yup yup!

LOL!

I bet that comment fits you perfectly. 

Ducky from land before time. Possibly what you are like as a person.

5 days ago
5/26/14

Khabib does have a chin .

But lets not act like he doesnt put it out there to get caught.  He def got tagged in the MJ fight, his striking isnt on par w conor at all.  Hes gotta stick to what got him to the top and grind mcg out .Which he can do .

It should be an interesting fight.......or a shit show . Could be 1 sided as Fuck w a lay and pray or stand and get KOd off the bat scenario.....Mcg flatlined aldo in 8 sec ffs . And destroyed Eddie . That's around the time I quit doubting him . But im a big Khabib fan too so it should be fun.  May even head out to vegas for this one .

5 days ago
1/12/05
Fahqhard - 

Khabib is going to try and strike his way through the minefield between them to clinch Conor up and get a takedown. Khabib will have no intention of getting involved with any extended exchanges on the feet. Conor's lead right uppercut is going to be the ticket here. Khabib gets caught coming forward with the uppercut and stunned. Conor darts back and drops the left cross to either drop and eventually finish Khabib or get him with his back to the cage and then finish him.

5 days ago
3/18/12
Bobby Lupo -
Fahqhard - 

Khabib is going to try and strike his way through the minefield between them to clinch Conor up and get a takedown. Khabib will have no intention of getting involved with any extended exchanges on the feet. Conor's lead right uppercut is going to be the ticket here. Khabib gets caught coming forward with the uppercut and stunned. Conor darts back and drops the left cross to either drop and eventually finish Khabib or get him with his back to the cage and then finish him.

What drugs were you on when you dreamt this up?

Edited: 5 days ago
7/23/18

LOL you really have no idea what you are watching or talking about. I suggest you read my breakdowns in Bobby's thread.

The ONLY time Conor ever over-extends is when he has the opponent already SMOOTHERED up against the fence and wants to get them with the left as they attempt to circle off the cage thinking they are getting away from the left ala Brandao/Mendes finishes. Conor is the smartest fighter ever and is always doing all the right things at all the right times. He knows when it's the perfect time to break conventional wisdom and use it to his advantage. You will NEVER see Conor over extend in open space 

5 days ago
9/5/11

Johnson did not hurt Khabib. That’s a myth. This is the combo Rogan flipped out about...

He hit him, but didn’t hurt him. Khabib actually landed the better standing strikes.