UnderGround Forums Cormier explaining why Khabib chose to win

10/26/20 3:35 PM
3/4/18

The way be did. Pretty awesome.

10/26/20 3:36 PM
9/19/13

Because Khabib’s homies put money on a win by submission?

10/26/20 3:37 PM
8/3/11
oranos -

Betting is haram.

10/26/20 4:04 PM
1/11/17
oranos -

Both could be true.

10/26/20 4:04 PM
1/11/17
touch -
oranos -

Betting is haram.

Both might not be true lol.

10/26/20 4:52 PM
3/4/18

Haha it definitely wasn't due to gambling.

10/26/20 8:37 PM
4/11/05

There's a problem with your argument Oranos... A very simple problem.... You see, an armbar is a submission. 

10/26/20 8:41 PM
10/23/07

No killer instinct

Jon jone would not be impress by parents there. 

Jon jone made Daniel cormier cry in octagon in front of wife & children. 

Jon laughed. 

He had eye of tiger, khabib too nice guy to be goat. 

10/26/20 8:42 PM
4/11/05

Jon Jones was off his tits on coke... 

10/26/20 8:46 PM
4/11/10

Wow

10/26/20 11:18 PM
8/9/07
JCMcGee -

Did Jones ever pop for coke?  It’s obviously no secret he loves the booger sugar, but has he ever tested + for coke?

10/26/20 11:21 PM
11/20/09

I don't believe him.  He got what was given to him and his transitions were smooth as fuck.  Very high level. 

10/27/20 7:07 AM
9/24/09
superCalo -

No killer instinct

Jon jone would not be impress by parents there. 

Jon jone made Daniel cormier cry in octagon in front of wife & children. 

Jon laughed. 

He had eye of tiger, khabib too nice guy to be goat. 

Khabib also wouldn't leave a pregnant women to die in a car crash he caused. Khabin also wouldn't abuse PED’s. Khabin also wouldn't spend his career fighting smaller men pretending he wants to fight men his own size but never actually doing it. 

10/27/20 7:20 AM
10/4/18
BringBackHeadbutts -

I don't believe him.  He got what was given to him and his transitions were smooth as fuck.  Very high level. 

No they were not. Well the transition from the tadksowm to the back was as smooth as you can get. The transition from the mount to triangle was awful. Gave way too much space for Gaethje to escape. He fell off Gaethje on to the mat, rather than locking the triangle from the mount. Sloppy 

10/27/20 8:05 AM
11/28/03

$6,076,877.32

khabibs reported pay for the fight

10/27/20 8:49 AM
1/1/01
OtherGrooundDropIn -
JCMcGee -

Did Jones ever pop for coke?  It’s obviously no secret he loves the booger sugar, but has he ever tested + for coke?

No,   he had a drink at his brothers cousins nephews house from a cup that someone had put some flour in to bake a cake,  and the flour had a picogram of cocaine in it, which was the reason for the positive test. 

10/27/20 10:11 AM
2/17/03
Ghost of Retard - 
OtherGrooundDropIn -
JCMcGee -

No,   he had a drink at his brothers cousins nephews house from a cup that someone had put some flour in to bake a cake,  and the flour had a picogram of cocaine in it, which was the reason for the positive test. 

lmao

10/27/20 10:27 AM
1/1/01

“I spoke to Khabib yesterday and we were talking about it and I want to make sure I say it the right way,” said Cormier. “He told me that when he was watching the interviews over the course of the week, he saw that Justin said he would never tap. Justin would never tap. So when he was going to the submission - it’s his dad’s favorite submission, get to the mounted position, go into the armbar, go into the triangle. He said it’s his father’s favorite submission, so when he got there, he was going to do the armbar but he had heard Justin all week saying he would never tap and he didn’t want to hurt him in front of his parents, so he went to the triangle and just put him to sleep.

“He actually told me that. He goes, ‘I didn’t want to hurt him in front of his parents, so I said I’m going to go and put him in a triangle. And if he goes to sleep, he goes to sleep, you wake up, you’re fine.’ This is exactly what he told me. That’s crazy, right? He did not want to hurt Justin in front of his parents. To be comfortable enough to think about this in the moment, that’s crazy. He didn’t want to break his arm because if Justin’s not going to tap, you have to break it. And he did not want to do that to Justin in front of his mom and dad. So if I put him to sleep, he’ll wake up and everything will be okay.”

Khabib's greatness in the Octagon has now come to an end, which Cormier reflected on.

“It sucks, because it seems like he’s just getting more dominant,” said DC. “Before, there were a lot of decisions. Kamal Shalorus and Gleison Tibau. People are like, ‘Well, he lost a round to Gleison Tibau!’ Yeah, when he was 1-0 in the UFC. He was 1-0 and Gleison Tibau had fought everyone. That talks to the level of competition Khabib got right away. Kamal Shalorus is an Olympian and Khabib had to fight him in his first fight in the UFC. That’s the level of competition he had and if you’re gonna ding him for that, you’re out of your mind. This guy has been at the top and fighting tough guys from start to finish. But as it’s going on, his three title defenses, all finishes! All finishes. Finished Conor McGregor, finished Dustin Poirier, and finished Justin Gaethje, and they went faster. Fourth round, third round, second round. He was only getting better and he’s leaving at the top of the sport.”

h/t Jed Meshew for MMA Fighting

10/27/20 3:38 PM
2/3/11

Perhaps. And perhaps that's bullshit.

And Gaethje did tap.

Edited: 10/27/20 10:26 PM
5/28/02
Sajbjj -
BringBackHeadbutts -

No they were not. Well the transition from the tadksowm to the back was as smooth as you can get. The transition from the mount to triangle was awful. Gave way too much space for Gaethje to escape. He fell off Gaethje on to the mat, rather than locking the triangle from the mount. Sloppy 

A LOT of black belts lock in the triangle mid or post transition. So, they are wrong in their technique too? 

Asking for a friend

10/27/20 10:29 PM
4/22/07

I dont buy the after the fact claims. This is the same honorable guy who bullied the GOAT with a shitload of his bathtub buddies, and jumped the cage to attack a spectator. All over some mean words. 

Yeah I trust his word.

10/27/20 10:58 PM
1/1/01
Smokestack - 

The way be did. Pretty awesome.

If true then holy shit.

What a legend.