UnderGround Forums Cowboy is going to Win the Fight

9 days ago
3/16/18

I don’t have a problem with Mcgregor and I’m happy he is getting back in the cage but that lay-off is not going to do him any favors. 

When he was making his run he was training 2 times a day five or six days a week. He spent more than 40 hours a week in the gym for a year or more. 

He won’t be as fast, or explosive, and I’m sure he lost quite a bit of power too. 

I think it will be a great fight and I’m looking forward to it but I think Cowboy wins the fight. 

Who else is with me?  

WAR COWBOY!

9 days ago
10/14/10

#WARCOWBOY

9 days ago
12/30/03

Have a hard time seeing Cowboy winning this fight because I doubt he will even attempt a takedown. He stands straight up and doesn't move his head without the luxory of a Diaz brother chin. Conor's footwork and angles will be too much for him. 

Maybe Conor gasses

9 days ago
3/16/18
WrestlingSucks -

Have a hard time seeing Cowboy winning this fight because I doubt he will even attempt a takedown. He stands straight up and doesn't move his head without the luxory of a Diaz brother chin. Conor's footwork and angles will be too much for him. 

Maybe Conor gasses

The Conor that shows up is going to be slower, with more rust than he had in the Khabib fight. 2015 Conor is not going to magically appear. 

I think people are expecting a prime McGregor to show up with his A Game. That Conor doesn’t exist any more. After his lose to Diaz and then his lose to Khabib his confidence is a fraction of what it was during his run. Add all the distractions and he is closer to 50% of the prime Conor we all fell in love with. 

The conor from 2015 would kill Cowboy but the 2020 Conor is a much closer fight. 

9 days ago
2/24/19

Cowboy has better submissions than many realize. If Conor fails to “use his energy efficiently” and tires out early ... a real possibility considering how he has been living ... Cerrone just might sub him late. 

Edited: 9 days ago
10/17/13
It’s a competitive fight, stylistically. Anyone that thinks will be easy for Conor is an idiot, it won’t be. Conor has to approach this fight the way he did in the 2nd Diaz fight. If he doesn’t use his Range and gets into big exchanges, he won’t get picked apart. He’ll get KO’d.
9 days ago
11/28/19

OP is a faggot.

9 days ago
4/13/15

On the feet I can definitely see Conor winning the early rounds, but I’m not sure where people are getting the narrarative that Cowboy is easy to put away.  Dude got stopped once at 170 and that was from Masvidal who we see now what he packs 

9 days ago
7/16/13
stcpm02 -

On the feet I can definitely see Conor winning the early rounds, but I’m not sure where people are getting the narrarative that Cowboy is easy to put away.  Dude got stopped once at 170 and that was from Masvidal who we see now what he packs 

Till also stopped him at 170. 

9 days ago
10/26/05

Cowboys has real problems with southpaws. Most of his losses are to southpaws. That and the fact that he doesn't move his head spells 1st or 2ndcroundcstopoage for Conman. 

9 days ago
3/12/16

SN bet?

9 days ago
1/23/06
I feel like Cowboy is a more challenging matchup for Conor than Gaethje. I think Conor's strikes are going to come up short against the 6'1 Cowboy, where Justin had to be in range at all times to land on Conor. Also the leg kicks of Gaethje represent counter opportunities that I don't see existing with the cleaner technique of Cerrone. People look at head to head results of a Gaethje/Cowboy and overlook the fact that Cowboy has an edge here.
9 days ago
3/13/08
T?bikan J?dan -
stcpm02 -

Till also stopped him at 170. 

Also a much harder puncher than Conor.

9 days ago
1/17/03

Cowboy was picked for this

9 days ago
8/10/05
WrestlingSucks - 

Maybe Conor gasses

Agreed.

Plus considering Conor wanted Edgar because he knew it was a great matchup for him, make no mistake Conor chose Cowboy for the same reasons. Conor will put pressure on Cowboy, which he typically doesn't handle well, and likely pick him apart.
9 days ago
2/15/06
I think Cowboy will start fighting on defense as soon as Conor lands a bomb. One good shot will turn this toward Conor.
9 days ago
11/8/11

Nah. Fact of the matter is, even though Cowboy is a much better grappler and his wrestling is decent, he doesn't really use it anymore. He will stand with Conor, and he will get TKOed because he's a slow starter and isn't that resilient. While Cowboy's striking is great, he was never quite as good at the elite strikers. Conor is one of those, and he has a lot more power to boot.

On paper this is an easy win for Conor and that's why this fight was booked.

9 days ago
9/19/13

Conor KO's Cerrone's already done for chin. There's no chance Cerrone catches him in anything the first two rounds which is all that McGregor will need to finish him.