UnderGround Forums Cowboy will take a dive for mucho $$$

10 days ago
1/1/01

He dosent need to dive.

It’s a fucking slim chance he takes the 170lb cross of death too many times. 

10 days ago
5/17/13

OP has CTE.

10 days ago
6/28/16

Cowboy is very capable of beating Mcgregor.

10 days ago
7/31/15
Labrador -
FreakDaddy - Cowboy would never take a dive as he's a Warrior. This Thread is disrespectful in regards to his integrity. Now Cowboy might get knocked out. He can be a little bit chinny and Connor has power. Hopefully Cowboy can get him down early.

Spot on. 

Agreed and I'll add that I think more so the ufc is banking on Cerrones notoriously spotty chin, slow starts, his cockiness and eagerness to KO mcg to prove he's the superior striker and not take him down and sub him.

But I hope Donald is smarter than that and think he is.

10 days ago
9/5/12

The fight hasn’t even happened and you’re already coming up with excuses for Cerrone losing.

Edited: 10 days ago
6/22/07
A win might make Conor harder to deal with, he looked outclassed in his title loss, and he's in chronic legal trouble. I doubt they'd risk the gaming license for this.
10 days ago
3/16/18

10 days ago
9/29/10

Kirik needs to ban these fucks that figher bash. 

10 days ago
1/27/12

How much would they offer.him?  I dont think it would be worth it for the ufc to give him enough, to make.it.worth it for  him

I think a.win over conor is worth more.than a million bucks to cowboy

9 days ago
2/20/09

Lol, no.

The UFC has certainly given Connor a favorable matchup but that’s about it.

9 days ago
11/18/14
forumnewb -
Thai Dye - 

I think cowboy has a little more integrity than that. 

Everyone has a price

everybody's gonna pay

9 days ago
1/8/04
mindless optimism - 
forumnewb -
Thai Dye - 

Everyone has a price

everybody's gonna pay

Money, Money, Money, Money, Money
9 days ago
10/9/18
forumnewb - The UFC is losing money and stock holders are not happy.

Cowboy is a company man.

Dana will pay Cowboy to take a dive, so then Conor vs Masvidal can happen.

I guarantee it.

... this makes no sense

1 - the UFC is not losing money - see the pre IPO disclosires

2 - why would a company that is looking to go public risk their license (and potentially destroy all the value WME have riding on the IPO) by fixing a fight ?

3 - Even if you convince yourself Cowboy is motivated by some large payday afforded to him by taking some payoff for what you purport to be an easy fight for him - the $ and opportunities the profile of beating CM offers him would likely negate this 

for mine, a bout at 170 vs a fighter with a penchant for striking and a lot of miles is CM picking a winnable fight that (if he wins) gives him momentum in a division where there is a limited number of fighters who can draw. This means he could very well be fighting for his 3rd UFC title in his next fight after this.

Khabib is a large lightweight is potentially attracted to the CM rematch at 170 - he’s seemingly disinterested about it at 155, if CM wins can get the 170 pound strap it might be his best (and fastest) chance of the Khabib on the basis Khabib can chase a second strap and a second chance to beat on CM.

9 days ago
11/1/03

This is the stupidest thing i've read today and very disrespectful to Cerrone. When has either of these guys been accused of fixing a fight? If that was the case Conor would be undefeated now. How could the ufc let him lose to Diaz and Kabib much less popular fighters? Op needs to go back to pro wrestling.

9 days ago
1/1/01
forumnewb - The UFC is losing money and stock holders are not happy.

Cowboy is a company man.

I guarantee it.

Irrational post of the day. Aside from the obvious - that no one involved would set up a work or fix - it would be an insane business decision, because the risk reward isn't worth it. If they got caught, they would have to sell the UFC for whatever they can get, which based on the two recent toe dips into going public, is a lot less than they paid.

9 days ago
1/13/11

Idiot

9 days ago
9/5/12
Flexo -

Idiot

Well to be fair, no one accused OP of being smart.

8 days ago
2/15/11
forumnewb - The UFC is losing money and stock holders are not happy.

Cowboy is a company man.

I guarantee it.

Hey OP, You're a fucking idiot.

I guarantee it so it's gotta be true.
8 days ago
9/7/16

Since the Brandao fight. The dive fixed fight narrative has been created around Mcgregors fights. Guess that’s what makes the haters feel better. 

8 days ago
5/14/08
colubrid1 - 
Upperdog - 
Dryfly - 
colubrid1 - 
forumnewb - 
Thai Dye - 

Everyone has a price

Yep! And espcially if you have kids.

Bull fucking shit.

There are still a few folks with integrity left in this world.

Integrity = No price (NONE) should change your values or ethics, if it does...you aint got some none integrity, whether you think you do or not.

There are two things a man must carry throughout his life. His balls and his word.

yeah like Conor and Dana.

Oh and don't forget the Ferttitas.

What did Conor say to Kahbib during their fight? Oh I remember-"It's just business"

So you judge a person based on the actions of completely different people?

8 days ago
2/3/10

I can see cowboy winning with a leg kick to the head

8 days ago
2/25/15
Call me Naive but i don't think the UFC ever fix fights. If it was known they do this, they would lose a lot of fans. Its fairly hard to make a fake fight realistic imo. This is why its hard for me to watch wrestling for more than 10 seconds.

And Donald has 0 interest in diving here. He has a legit chance to win.
8 days ago
11/10/18

I think the UFC absolutely thinks Conor will win and that’s why they booked the fight. That’s totally different than taking a dive and I don’t think Cerrone would do that. 

8 days ago
10/14/02
if it ends in 30 sec

then 90 percent chance he took cash
8 days ago
9/5/12
boxingman - if it ends in 30 sec

then 90 percent chance he took cash

So Aldo took a dive?