UnderGround Forums D. Wilder vs Teofilo Stevenson ....who wins???

30 days ago
10/14/02
give a prime stevenson 2 years of pro training

who wins this fight

if you have not seen the legend before

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4DDIJ2y5LM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiLRuuA2DnA
29 days ago
1/12/05

Stevenson. WIlder could only be the HW champion in this era where Tyson Fury is seen as a master boxer. Even the weak 80s, when the division was killed by drugs, Wilder would barely crack the top 10. Even in Marciano's terrible era, Wilder would struggle. 

29 days ago
10/14/02
Bobby Lupo - 

Stevenson. WIlder could only be the HW champion in this era where Tyson Fury is seen as a master boxer. Even the weak 80s, when the division was killed by drugs, Wilder would barely crack the top 10. Even in Marciano's terrible era, Wilder would struggle. 

i can see what your saying

guys like tony tucker for sure would be a force in today's divison
29 days ago
1/12/05
boxingman -
Bobby Lupo - 

Absolutely. Do you rate Tucker as Tyson’s best win? That dude was really good. 

Giys like Pinklon Thomas, James Tillis, Oliver McCall, Michael Doakes, and Gerry Cooney, would cause a lot of problems with today’s HWs. I’m not sold on the skill sets of AJ, Fury, and Wider. 

29 days ago
10/14/02
Bobby Lupo - 
boxingman -
Bobby Lupo - 

Absolutely. Do you rate Tucker as Tyson’s best win? That dude was really good. 

Giys like Pinklon Thomas, James Tillis, Oliver McCall, Michael Doakes, and Gerry Cooney, would cause a lot of problems with today’s HWs. I’m not sold on the skill sets of AJ, Fury, and Wider. 

i think he might have been tyson's best win
and if tyson was not around, he might have been the best guy
for 3-4 years

i agree that those guys would cause a lot of problems for today's top guys

how do you see in shape micheal dokes vs fury?
29 days ago
9/22/16
I think if we could take the 45 year-old George Foreman that KO'd Moorer and put him in the ring with Wilder or Joshua, Foreman would be a good bet to KO them both.

It's a weird time.
29 days ago
11/9/18

80's heavyweights were MUCH better than those of today. Not even close.

29 days ago
7/16/15

Some nostalgia blinding people here which is typical regarding boxing.

Wilder for his faults hits like a truck and would tower over pretty much everybody pre 2000.

29 days ago
10/14/02
AnthonyWeiner - I think if we could take the 45 year-old George Foreman that KO'd Moorer and put him in the ring with Wilder or Joshua, Foreman would be a good bet to KO them both.

It's a weird time.

yeah i can see what you mean

its a little hard to now excatly how good joshua or wilder are
compared to others

like is wilder this era's foreman
or this era's bonecrusher smith or frank bruno
both had massive power but could get past a certain level
29 days ago
9/11/11
Bearhugger -

Wilder for his faults hits like a truck and would tower over pretty much everybody pre 2000.

This guy gets it. Them rose-tinted glasses are hard to see past.

28 days ago
1/12/05
GrilliamG - 
Bearhugger -

This guy gets it. Them rose-tinted glasses are hard to see past.

I enjoy watching AJ and Wilder fight. They're very entertaining, but objectively, they're Michael Grant type, and level, HWs: athletes who took up boxing very late and get by solely on their attributes and tenacity. Wilder has all time great power in his right hand, and he's a terrific finisher, but if he was getting out slicked and puzzled by Tyson Fury— the exact opposite type of fighter: a guy with zero physicality and all guile—he'd have a hell of a time with a competent boxer who can also punch a bit. 

Gerry Cooney was an unhearalded big man with huge power. He was kind of a mix of all of these guys: he had the power of Wilder and the goofiness and gymrat backround of Fury. Prime Cooney beats all three of these guys. He was a better boxer with equal power and size. So, that's where I rate the three top dogs of the HW division.