UnderGround Forums D241 on UFC 241

8/13/19 9:37 PM
11/20/09

I think the only interesting fights are the top 3.

Paulo Costa is 12-0, 4-0 in UFC however he hasn't been very active since being in the UFC which also means he hasn't been tested much.  While all 4 wins are finishes, his best wins are against an undersized hungerless Johny Hendricks, and a 2nd round tko over Uriah Hall. 

On paper, Yoel should be a heavy favorite.  My heart isn't for either fighter, I just hope there's a finish so we have a decisive winner, and I think that will be Yoel.  Yoel via 2nd round tko.  Age is real and a mother fucker so you never know.

Diaz vs Pettis-Super excited about this one.  Wish it was 5 rounds.   I've waivered on this fight in terms of who I think is going to win.  As far as who I want to win, I really like both fighters.  I just hope there's a finish more than anything.  

On one hand Pettis has been active, and fighting studs, has a finish win over Benson Henderson at lw who has(Benson) a finish win over Nate, as well as Pettis finished Nate's teammate in Gilbert Melendez.  

On the other hand, I've seen Pettis fade, especially in high paced fights and that's something Nate thrives in.  Nate loves putting opponents in deep waters and in terms of ability both on the feet and the ground, I think conditioning will be the biggest factor.  I originally favored Pettis for being active, but I saw an interview where Nate says he's been training just not fighting, so I'm not going to assume this is the fight where Nate gets tired.

DC vs Stipe.  I like both guys, Love DC more.  Want DC to win, think DC wins.  This is arguably the most accomplished hw championship in UFC we have ever seen.  The challenger Stipe Miocic, the most accomplished UFC HW Champion to date, fighting the man who beat him, who is the only man to be UFC lhw and hw champion at the same time, undefeated at HW, this is a huge fight literally and figuratively.  DC one of if not the greatest fighters of all time, will arguably be his last fight.  Don't miss it!!

8/13/19 9:51 PM
3/20/12

Yoel is probably the best fighter with late KO power and instant energy explosions of athleticism and technique ever

Striking and Grappling at an amazing level for a lifetime

He is a must watch.

DC best HW since Fedor easily...I think Stipe takes it though if he doesn't freeze up offensively in hematch

I root Diaz now....don't care what happens but bring your lunchboxes

8/13/19 10:52 PM
2/3/10

Im exited to see mr perfect kang fight 

8/14/19 12:06 AM
3/31/14
I have a few feelings D

First on is that costa will stop yoel, I just have a hunch

Next one is fans main event, Diaz v Pettis,this one has me a bit nervous. My first thought is Diaz walks him down with 1,2s an gets the finish or Dec. Thing That scares me is Pettis works the legs then goes up top kind like the Joe lauzon? For the Head kick KO

I'm hoping DC can get the fairy tale finish an ride in to the sunset,but I think stopes boxing will be on point an get the Dec win
Edited: 8/14/19 2:05 AM
3/20/12
Bukkaked by Bombers - I have a few feelings D

Next one is fans main event, Diaz v Pettis,this one has me a bit nervous. My first thought is Diaz walks him down with 1,2s an gets the finish or Dec. Thing That scares me is Pettis works the legs then goes up top kind like the Joe lauzon? For the Head kick KO

I'm hoping DC can get the fairy tale finish an ride in to the sunset,but I think stopes boxing will be on point an get the Dec win

I like the picks

hard to stop yoel 

HW fight is 5 rounds...I am not sure anybody can go that long with the pace those two fight at

can;t wait

8/14/19 10:58 AM
2/29/16

Costa, Pettis and DC.

Yoel and Nate have been too busy playing with their money and Stipe can't take flush punches.

8/14/19 11:44 AM
11/20/09
Bukkaked by Bombers - I have a few feelings D

Do you see a stylistic mismatch which makes you think Costa is going to win?
8/14/19 12:03 PM
1/1/01

Costa is 28. Yoel is 42.

The history of "top ten level" fighters fighting one another favors those who are Costa's age when fighting those Yoel's age.

That being said, if anyone can get another huge win at 42, it is Yoel. Not your average 42 year old UFC fighter, not by a mile.

I'm rooting for Yoel.

8/14/19 12:36 PM
9/24/18

DC, Pettis and Costa. 

I think DC beats Stipe the same way he beat him last year. Look at Stipe’s fights, he gets hit a LOT. He’s gonna get KOd again here. 

8/14/19 12:43 PM
11/20/09

Damn.  Didn't know Yoel was 42!!! I thought he was like 38 or 39.  This might be the fight that father time shows himself.

UFC puts fights together that are close in match making so perhaps Sean Shelby knows something about this fight.