UnderGround Forums DC Vs. Derrick Lewis Confirmed For UFC 230

11 days ago
4/10/03
Lewis is overmatched, but how you ever truly count him out. I know DC won't put himself in danger, but with Lewis it only takes one mistake. Then he's giving the most epic interview talking about going deep, USA in dis hoe, and god damn Trump all in one interview.
Edited: 11 days ago
8/8/18

As much as I would like him to, i can't see derrick Lewis winning this fight. Obviously his power is always going to be a factor but cormier's just too smart. 

Also, I'd rather see derrick fight the winner of JDS v Tai tuivasa and have DC rematch Gus, Jones can fight the winner on his return. 

11 days ago
9/24/12

Its a money grab for both men, BB prob makes 500k and DC a mil plus sponsor money why not

11 days ago
11/7/09

If Lewis does any type of cardio he would be way better. The man looks like he doesn’t train for more than 30 min a day. He’s one of my favorite fighters but he doesn’t train hard enough to beat a guy like Cormier.

11 days ago
3/24/15

It’s gonna look like the DC vs Anderson fight 

11 days ago
8/6/06

Can we scrap Sijara vs Valentina now, and go back to Joanna vs Valentina?

11 days ago
5/6/13

Its a good pay day for lewis, lets be honest DC will smash him however he wants, i respect Lewis and his KO power but its not up there with Rumbles KO power and DC dealt with that with no adversity. 

DC taking this fight keeps him active and relevant, and stops anyone bitching about him not fighting JJ who shouldnt be anywhere near a belt or making demands who he fights. 

DC takes this fight, wins easy, possibly gives up the LHW belt and focuses purely on Lesnar for next year before retiring 

11 days ago
1/17/03
horrible match up, but its business.

Easy Money for both.
Keeps DC active
Stipe shouldnt get too mad cuz Beast aint taking the title.
Title fight for MSG card

Makes lots of sense business wise
11 days ago
11/9/17

Great fight but poor Black Beast. Damn! Ha

11 days ago
4/21/12

Lewis is suspended until 10/28 with no contact until 10/21 due to "tough fight". Source

Not like he was going to train or anything, but still..

Too bad he faces another tough weight cut so soon.....

11 days ago
10/14/17

SMH

11 days ago
2/24/10

Super short camp for both guys.

Isn't DC nursing hand surgery?

11 days ago
3/24/15
Tug Dabone -

Lewis is suspended until 10/28 with no contact until 10/21 due to "tough fight". Source

Not like he was going to train or anything, but still..

Too bad he faces another tough weight cut so soon.....

No contact = he should be doing wind sprints and run hills as his camp. He should call David Goggins to live with him until the fight 

11 days ago
9/27/15
thestaton - 

this is dumb in all regards.  not as bad as that WMMA fight but this is just bad.  

Derrick Lewis said in not one but 5 post fight interviews he wanted no part of a title fight because he was fat and out of shape.  Didn't think he could go 5 rounds.  

ufc is pretty pathetic.  

Lewis is just as bad though..he's a professional fighter so why is he fat and out of shape?! He's been this way for years, when is he going to train like someone who takes the sport serious?! We get it, his back hurts but that's no excuse for gassing badly after 4-5 punches
11 days ago
9/27/15
PassnSmash - Lewis is overmatched, but how you ever truly count him out. I know DC won't put himself in danger, but with Lewis it only takes one mistake. Then he's giving the most epic interview talking about going deep, USA in dis hoe, and god damn Trump all in one interview.

You call that an epic interview?! Christ man, are you 12 years old?Lewis needs to do more training, less talking
11 days ago
3/13/08
ons ear -
thestaton - 

this is dumb in all regards.  not as bad as that WMMA fight but this is just bad.  

Derrick Lewis said in not one but 5 post fight interviews he wanted no part of a title fight because he was fat and out of shape.  Didn't think he could go 5 rounds.  

ufc is pretty pathetic.  

Lewis is just as bad though..he's a professional fighter so why is he fat and out of shape?! He's been this way for years, when is he going to train like someone who takes the sport serious?! We get it, his back hurts but that's no excuse for gassing badly after 4-5 punches

as a fellow fat man I would think his back would probably hurt less if he lost weight

11 days ago
7/24/12

Oh shit, that's fucking awesome. Derrick's definitely not ready for DC but he can't pass this up.

Let's be real here. Derrick is not getting any younger, he's not gonna decide to get in shape at this point in his career. I love the black beast, he's one of my favorite fighters. But he is what he is, don't kid yourself into thinking that a year from now he's gonna decide to actually fully dedicate himself.

He said in one of the post fight interviews that he only trains 1 hr per day and that he used to train like a half hour per day. He's just a genetic freak with crazy explosive athleticism and huge power that overcomes his lack of conditioning and skill.

11 days ago
5/26/14

Wtf happened to Brock

11 days ago
3/13/08
0hi0direct -

Wtf happened to Brock

I don't think he's eligible until next year.

11 days ago
1/1/01

DC vs Black Beast?  Shiiieeettt!!!

11 days ago
11/20/05
It would be hard to imagine a worse matchup for BB.
11 days ago
6/10/18

He said he didn't want a title shot didn't he? that he wasn't ready with cardio and such. fake news

11 days ago
4/21/12

I wonder if the NY AC will sanction the fight with him coming off a medical suspension so soon before the fight? I assume UFC thinks it will be no problem, but NY seems like it might be tough on the medical stuff. (They wouldn't let Holloway complete a hard short-notice weight cut; Rashad got yanked with less than a week to go after he didn't pass the NY AC medicals.)

11 days ago
3/21/12
taintpuncher - 

It’s gonna look like the DC vs Anderson fight 

Black Beast doesn't even have the limited cardio to allow Cormier to carry him five rounds
11 days ago
1/1/01

WTF, Lewis just got his ass beat for 2.9 rounds and they're going to throw him back in the cage less than a month later? Against DC at that? Aren't there people who didn't just take a 14 minute beating that could've fought DC? Stipe, Blydes somebody?