UnderGround Forums DC Vs. Derrick Lewis Confirmed For UFC 230

10 days ago
3/30/14
TOAO -

If Lewis does any type of cardio he would be way better. The man looks like he doesn’t train for more than 30 min a day. He’s one of my favorite fighters but he doesn’t train hard enough to beat a guy like Cormier.

The fight is only 25 min long, he'll be fine

Seriously though, WTF kind of matchup is this?  Is the broken finger a for sure thing?  How would it even get sanctioned? 

10 days ago
4/5/12

really? really?

10 days ago
4/30/03

$$$$$$$$

10 days ago
9/12/18

I like it but Lewis just fought, DC is gonna smash him.

10 days ago
7/12/16

I bet the original intention was to have Volkov beat Lewis then fight DC instead. 

10 days ago
3/21/12
JOESONDO - 

WTF, Lewis just got his ass beat for 2.9 rounds and they're going to throw him back in the cage less than a month later? Against DC at that? Aren't there people who didn't just take a 14 minute beating that could've fought DC? Stipe, Blydes somebody?

Hell bring in CroCop, who cares if he pisses hot after the fight?
Edited: 10 days ago
9/8/13

Lame ass fight, not gonna be close. DC will maul him fast.

10 days ago
7/27/07
TheDarkPassenger -

Jesus, can you imagine if Lewis pulls off a KO? 

He would retire the greatest of all time.

10 days ago
10/24/14

They are struggling for a fight and are cashing in on the Lewis interview going viral. Don’t think it will help numbers but I guess I can kind of see their logic. 

10 days ago
8/23/12

Fuck you haters! I'm on the Black Beast hype train! Dude's gonna get paid, and he's proved he can knock out anybody. 

10 days ago
12/27/10

It isn't a dream fight but it will definitely be entertaining. I finally feel like 230 has the "can't miss" feel to it with 3 good/great fights. 

10 days ago
8/17/07
What happened with Lesnar vs Cormier?
10 days ago
5/22/17
leifdawg -
SandBlaster -

Wonder what stipe thinks of this lol

I like Stipe, but fuck immediate rematches after descive victories.

Completely agree. Stipe would get flatlined again anyways.

10 days ago
1/1/01

The UFC are screwing Derrick on this. He said he's not ready for a title shot and now they only give him a month to prepare.

10 days ago
4/21/12
scaredy cat -

The UFC are screwing Derrick on this. He said he's not ready for a title shot and now they only give him a month to prepare.

He got 135/135 for his win at UFC 229, plus a bonus.

They probably said, "How would you like to make twice that, plus PPV points?"

He won't lose anything if he loses the fight. He'll still be in the top 5, always one more win away from another title shot.

10 days ago
8/6/06
scaredy cat -

For sure. He said it in the octagon and the interviews afterward.

10 days ago
10/16/06

No one's turning down a title fight. It's a win for lewis just to get the shot. 

10 days ago
8/6/06
Tug Dabone -
scaredy cat -

He got 135/135 for his win at UFC 229, plus a bonus.

They probably said, "How would you like to make twice that, plus PPV points?"

He won't lose anything if he loses the fight. He'll still be in the top 5, always one more win away from another title shot.

Sure, but you're acting like taking a beating from a heavyweight double champ, and likely getting finished, has no physical or personal cost. Taking a bad beating can have lasting effects.

10 days ago
3/23/06
thestaton - 

this is dumb in all regards.  not as bad as that WMMA fight but this is just bad.  

Derrick Lewis said in not one but 5 post fight interviews he wanted no part of a title fight because he was fat and out of shape.  Didn't think he could go 5 rounds.  

ufc is pretty pathetic.  

this
10 days ago
12/11/14

Lewis has 3mins to get this done. DC will not let him slide for 3 rounds. 

10 days ago
4/12/11

Will the Black beasts balls have time to cool off?

10 days ago
2/19/11

This pains me to see again and again the UFC trying to save cards due to poor booking. The fighters suffer once they get pushed back to the back of the line.

Better hope this is live changing money for Derrick because he may not get another shot at the title or big money.

DC was so adament about not fighting until Brock. Maybe hes trying to leverage a new contract before Brock/Jones.

How does the NY commission even sanction this.

Oh I know, this is the same group who allowed towelgate, didn't have a doctor inspect Max when he was pulled, didn't allow Pettis or Felder to take the Khabib fight. Missing anything?

10 days ago
11/5/13

What happened with the brock fight?

10 days ago
1/1/01

I love how fighters are yelling and screaming for title shots during interviews and most of these cries fall on deaf ears.  Black Beast gets on the mic and pretty much dismisses any realistic possibilities of a title shot and he gets one within 72 hours.  

10 days ago
8/6/06
Doc_Watson -

What happened with the brock fight?

They need a main event for ufc 230, and Brock can't fight till next year.