UnderGround Forums DC’s Commentary

5/13/19 2:45 PM
1/1/01

Of all the commentators the UFC had/has, he by far references himself excessively. Its like his go to is to say what he would do instead, or what other fighters should do because he did. Doesn’t seem to analyze what a fighter is doing or attempting but instead what he would do. 

5/13/19 2:51 PM
3/18/12

DC does a good job, much better than Cruz. DC was also the Champ Champ, undefeated at Heavyweight and has 1 loss at 205 to a multi time PED cheat. Referring to what he would do in certain situations isn’t all that of a bad thing. The guy has won a ton of fights, so what he is doing seems to be working perfectly. 

The only thing DC can’t really give advice on is how to beat a world class PED cheat, that’s a riddle he hasn’t been able to solve. 

5/13/19 3:29 PM
1/30/16

Why wouldn’t you want a successful, proven, high caliber champ in two divisions informing you what he’d do in certain scenarios?

You’d rather hear it from rogan?

5/13/19 3:32 PM
12/23/08
Son Geekou -

Of all the commentators the UFC had/has, he by far references himself excessively. Its like his go to is to say what he would do instead, or what other fighters should do because he did. Doesn’t seem to analyze what a fighter is doing or attempting but instead what he would do. 

Remember Frank Trigg’s commentary.

Pretty much every sentence was about himself.

5/13/19 4:34 PM
11/16/17

DC is hilarious. When he tried to make a power meter bar with the power point slow mo had me dying

5/13/19 5:04 PM
10/24/14

Dc is great 

5/13/19 5:29 PM
2/24/07
BreakALegAndy! - 

DC does a good job, much better than Cruz. DC was also the Champ Champ, undefeated at Heavyweight and has 1 loss at 205 to a multi time PED cheat. Referring to what he would do in certain situations isn’t all that of a bad thing. The guy has won a ton of fights, so what he is doing seems to be working perfectly. 

The only thing DC can’t really give advice on is how to beat a world class PED cheat, that’s a riddle he hasn’t been able to solve. 

Can’t even discuss your man crush without referencing Jones at least twice. He has owned your mind for years haha. Fag
5/13/19 6:15 PM
6/20/11
BreakALegAndy! -

He made josh Barnett fly

5/13/19 6:48 PM
8/2/11

I really don’t like him as a commentator at all. Goofy sense of humour throwing out nonsense one liners most of the time. 

Cruz is exponentially better 

5/13/19 7:04 PM
2/8/12

I like BOTH DC’s Cruz and Daniel.  They both slip up and make errors but they are damn good

5/13/19 7:05 PM
8/14/12

He does a great job. Never mind him at all. Never really minded anyone though. This board is always upset about the commentary and I don’t get it. 

5/13/19 10:51 PM
3/18/12
shaqitup -
BreakALegAndy! -

He made josh Barnett fly

At Heavyweight where he is twice the fighter without the extreme weight cut. Cutting to 205 takes quite a bit out of DC, he’s clearly not the same fighter. Still very good, just not good enough to overcome Jones with his PED advantage. 

5/13/19 10:52 PM
3/18/12
FrontBroRian -
BreakALegAndy! - 

Can’t even discuss your man crush without referencing Jones at least twice. He has owned your mind for years haha. Fag

There he is!

The Jon Jones White Knight has arrived! 

5/13/19 10:53 PM
3/19/05
He's far better than Dominick Cruz sounding as if he's always 100% correct about what needs to be "done" but ends up being wrong a lot of the time.
5/14/19 6:32 PM
7/10/02
Vikingknee - 

He does a great job. Never mind him at all. Never really minded anyone though. This board is always upset about the commentary and I don’t get it. 

They are both A levels, maybe A- level but still, top commentators

It is true that DC comes often as in love with himself and what HE would do. He should tone it down when his fighting career is done. Till then both he and Cruz sure have credentials!
5/15/19 12:15 AM
11/9/18
Son Geekou -

Give it up. DC is still your daddy.

Edited: 5/15/19 1:42 AM
5/15/15

Hes a 2 division champion. Are you saying he should reference other champions when he knows his own systems the best?

5/15/19 2:46 AM
12/23/02
BreakALegAndy! -
FrontBroRian -
BreakALegAndy! - 

There he is!

The Jon Jones White Knight has arrived! 

No need to white knight when he devestated your guy twice. 

5/15/19 6:36 AM
8/10/18

DC is very good at what he does, cruz however ... the dude make you sleep when he speaks ...

5/15/19 6:57 AM
1/6/10
Thebonfirexm -

DC is hilarious. When he tried to make a power meter bar with the power point slow mo had me dying

I googled "DC power meter bar" hoping to see that clip and immediately realized my mistake

5/15/19 7:14 AM
6/28/10

WEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Never seen a group of men complain so much. It's like a beauty Salon in this bitch

5/15/19 7:27 AM
1/6/10
BrckNoHitBk -

WEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Never seen a group of men complain so much. It's like a beauty Salon in this bitch

I know what you mean. Im in a beauty salon as I type this!