UnderGround Forums DFW: NYT tried to sabotage UFC 249

14 days ago
1/1/01

UFC president Dana White recently spoke with Fox News host Sean Hannity and was asked about an article in the New York Times that was critical of holding events during the COVID-19 global pandemic, noting that not all safety protocols were followed scrupulously at UFC 249 in Jacksonville, Florida, the first league event back.

"We were trying to figure out solutions to the problems and how do you bring back sports safely, and health and safety is an issue for us every single weekend," said White, as transcribed by Spencer Neale for the Washington Examiner. "When we were leading up to these events, we had so many, you know, New York Times and so many other media people trying to sabotage the event so that it couldn't happen."

"This guy from the New York Times interviewed the president of ESPN, Jimmy Pitaro, for 45 minutes, wasted 45 minutes of his time and never used one of his quotes. You know why? Because they were positive."

The UFC is holding shows, but in front of an empty arena. White was asked when he anticipates a live audience.

"It's gonna depend on testing," White replied. "If the level of testing keeps going up, you know, the president was talking about a tab that you would lick, and it would tell you immediately whether you had it or not. I think it's going to take something like that before we can bring fans back."

14 days ago
2/27/20

Democrats and their propaganda machines will never stop trying to suck the fun out of life.

14 days ago
10/14/12
Tmaguru - 

Democrats and their propaganda machines will never stop trying to suck the fun out of life.

Not unless they win of course.
Edited: 14 days ago
10/3/16

Just stop going to New York.

They ruined the Diaz/Masvidal fight.

They were the very last of the 50 states to legalize it.

Their commission is straight up shady.

14 days ago
4/22/07

NYT you absolutely Suck!

14 days ago
12/23/08

Has anyone seen the current card for UFC 250?

Where’s the New York Times when you need them?

14 days ago
1/1/01
MarcusAurelioFan -

how did it ruin Diaz vs Masvidal?  i don't remember what happened?  doctor stoppage the issue?

14 days ago
3/28/16
kungfugrip -
MarcusAurelioFan -

how did it ruin Diaz vs Masvidal?  i don't remember what happened?  doctor stoppage the issue?

People just wont be satisfied until someone dies in the octagon. Diaz had a terrible cut in a bad area by his left eye and they stopped the fight and Diaz fans are still outraged because of it but the man kept wiping his eye because of blood getting in. At that point it not safe for the fighter.

Only arguement I could see is his eye was pretty clean after they worked it but after one punch it would have been right back to leaking in his eye. It was a good stoppage imo. 

14 days ago
3/22/16
I give it up to Dana and the UFC for being first and finding a way to get it done.

That being said, in light of the "disparagement clause" and basically muzzling anyone that attends or fights at the events from talking about it, the UFC is bringing criticism onto itself.

You look at the major sports, MLB, NFL, NBA, and they have been making any protocols public information and inviting a conversation into how they can improve on any specifics. UFC is more like FUCK YOU PAY ME mentality. A little more transparency will go into gaining more support from skeptics
14 days ago
11/11/11

Is that a legitimate punching technique there? It looks kind of like the Ben Rothwell baseball throw punch.

14 days ago
1/27/20

The fans need to petition the #UFC to stop holding events in New York, there's always an issue there. I understand the venue is the reason they go there but at what cost? Is the terrible reading and commission really worth the hassle? Stay in Vegas for christ sake. Use your new island. But quit letting that state ruin the card it effects the fighters and their pay when there's a bad stopage and now the media there is gonna shit on the only sport REAL ass sport?! #FUCKNEWYORK 

14 days ago
5/30/03

I don't understand the testing. Is Dana saying that spectators are going to lick a tab, determine their status and the arena may kick them out?

14 days ago
1/1/01
Hocky - 

So much for the Pandemic Super Cards. Come to think of it, even 249, doesn't really stand up to the Bushido cards.

14 days ago
1/1/01

the times is garbage

14 days ago
11/25/10

Journalism is now activism.

14 days ago
7/25/10

The New York Times is still greater than Fox News.

14 days ago
1/4/20
Tmaguru -

So true.

14 days ago
1/4/20
Slaughter on Tenth Avenue -

Whst a fucking cuck you are. Pussy, Kool-aid drinking yes man.

14 days ago
8/2/11
Wasa-B -
Hocky - 

So much for the Pandemic Super Cards. Come to think of it, even 249, doesn't really stand up to the Bushido cards.

You faggots will bitch no matter what

13 days ago
12/7/10
Slaughter on Tenth Avenue -

The Puntstawney Crayon board is better than Fox News.

13 days ago
1/17/03

I Cant believe i just upvoted marcusaureliofan

12 days ago
10/14/12
ThatsHowIRoll - 
Wasa-B -
Hocky - 

You faggots will bitch no matter what

To be fair, Dana said he was gonna put on a BUNCH of stacked mega-cards!