UnderGround Forums DFW asked about Conor's reported $80 mil purse

4 days ago
1/1/01

Conor McGregor recently estimated he would make $80 million for his fight vs. Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone at UFC 246 on Saturday. UFC president Dana White was asked about the figure during an interview with The Mac Life, and declined to offer a clear yup or nope.

“Listen, Conor is a massive superstar in this sport and he’s a phenomenon," said White, as transcribed by Adam Guillen Jr. for MMA Mania. "The kid has been making big money since the day he stepped in. From day one, since he fought he started to go [up]. Nothing has changed. Obviously, he needs a win and it’s a big deal for him to get back here and win this fight.”

White also commented on fan speculation that McGregor's popularity has taken a hit due to a series of unfortunate out-of-the-cage incidents.

“When you talk about people who say they have ‘insight’ into the business and say all these things, they are all full of s***,” said White. “None of them know what they are talking about. And literally none of them know anything about this business. Not one.

“We knew what the Conor fight would do. We are the ones who set the ticket prices and all the things that go along with the business. Conor’s coming in here and pulling a $10.6 million gate and the fight is off the charts. As far as ESPN, and what’s going on there with PPV and everything else, everything is as usual.”

4 days ago
1/17/03

That # is laughable

Edited: 4 days ago
8/31/10
Erik Apple -

That # is laughable

Agreed. Where the fuck did that figure even come from? Not only does this particular matchup not warrant 'super duper fight' money (no disrespect to Cowboy), but there has been little hype for this one as Conor has been more focused on the training and getting himself back on track than he has the promotion. It's understandable, but it also bodes strongly against anything remotely close to these numbers being doled out.

4 days ago
4/11/10

4 days ago
9/22/11
sgotwalks -
Erik Apple -

That # is laughable

Agreed. Where the fuck did that figure even come from? Not only does this particular matchup not warrant 'super duper fight' money (no disrespect to Cowboy), but there has been little hype for this one as Conor has been more focused on the training and getting himself back on track than he has the promotion. It's understandable, but it also bodes strongly against anything remotely close to these numbers being doled out.

Projected earnings for projected sales. Dana sold conor a line and conors not one to pass up a line lol

12/27/19

Time will tell... Gawd

4 days ago
1/9/11

I wonder if proper 12 will sponsor the event, and the $80million is reference to the projected sales as a result. 

4 days ago
9/24/12
Erik Apple -

That # is laughable

Listen, just because the most you earned for a fight was a free meal at Wendy's doesn't mean its bullshit.

4 days ago
10/17/13
Johnzandt - 
Erik Apple -

That # is laughable

Listen, just because the most you earned for a fight was a free meal at Wendy's doesn't mean its bullshit.

Don’t hurt your fingies typing so TUF jr.
4 days ago
4/19/17

He's taking about the overall footprint that will make him $80 million. Proper 12 will get a huge boost since Conor is fighting, his clothing line, his partnership with Reebok, his fight purse, and ppv points.... I'm sure he'll actually clear $100 million with all factors in play.

4 days ago
6/20/14
sgotwalks -
Erik Apple -

That # is laughable

Conor is obviously talking about his fight purse plus sponsorship come on now don't be dumb. 

4 days ago
3/24/07
They put all their eggs in Conor's basket for this ppv the undercard is one of the worst i have ever seen.
4 days ago
3/5/13
Lights Out Lurker -

He's taking about the overall footprint that will make him $80 million. Proper 12 will get a huge boost since Conor is fighting, his clothing line, his partnership with Reebok, his fight purse, and ppv points.... I'm sure he'll actually clear $100 million with all factors in play.

hahahahahaha.    Oh you’re serious? 

You fuckin clown

4 days ago
11/10/18
Lights Out Lurker -

No fucking way. I’m not sure some of you understand how much money that really is, even for an athlete or celebrity. 

4 days ago
3/5/13
Eskimo -
Lights Out Lurker -

No fucking way. I’m not sure some of you understand how much money that really is, even for an athlete or celebrity. 

He’s a dipshit.  Almost 4k post and not a single one of them have made a bit of sense.  

4 days ago
6/20/14
NFABeeJay -
Lights Out Lurker -

You fuckin clown

Wow someone is super angry.

Jealousy of another man's money is never a good look my friend. 

4 days ago
12/26/07

so many experts in here

4 days ago
5/17/08
Lights Out Lurker -

lol yeah right. Conor made ~ 100 million from the PBF fight, which was one of the biggest of all time. No mma payout has ever come close to that. You think he's really going to sell enough whiskey and crap to bridge the ~60 million gap he'd need to make 80?

4 days ago
6/28/10
Stin -

I wonder if proper 12 will sponsor the event, and the $80million is reference to the projected sales as a result. 

No. You're looking into it too deep. Some idiot online started a rumor.

4 days ago
3/5/13
TwoCheekSneak -
NFABeeJay -
Lights Out Lurker -

You fuckin clown

Wow someone is super angry.

Jealousy of another man's money is never a good look my friend. 

lol. Not even.  Dude has wayyyyy more cash than me and I’m okay with it.  This was more about LOL’s shitty fantasy statement than it was CM’s. I thought that was fairly obvious, guess not. 

12/28/12

i dont care about conor’s money but i do always enjoy how dana’s promotional style is basically just “fuck everyone who disagrees with me when i say that this is the best thing ever”

4 days ago
3/29/11
Erik Apple -

That # is laughable

Not as funny as what you’ve made in your “fight career.” You are the type of person Dana is talking about, you know absolutely jack shit yet you'll pretend you know exactly what you’re talking about. 

4 days ago
6/20/14
PeaceThroughStrength -
Erik Apple -

That # is laughable

Not as funny as what you’ve made in your “fight career.” You are the type of person Dana is talking about, you know absolutely jack shit yet you'll pretend you know exactly what you’re talking about. 

Carry on..

4 days ago
1/24/12

He's gonna live stream himself jacking off in the hotel after the fight on Snapchat premium. 100 mil easy

7/19/13

Dana sucks this guy’s dick so fucking hard publicly. I’d hate to see how much more he does behind closed doors. He’s in his full Oscar DeLaHoya outfit, with cherry red lipstick, and a check in his hand no doubt..