UnderGround Forums DWCS: Season 4, Week 7 results and discussion

12 days ago
6/23/12
nowaydo -
RockTheVote - 
If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much -
Stea1th -

Wolf is in because she is decent looking 

I think the fact they have no one at 145 and her boxing pedigree has a lot more to do with it

She looked pretty bad last night. Boxing pedigree? She was a 24-16 amateur. I'm not a huge boxing guy, but I don't think that is considered good. 

Bad??
Are you serious? How did you look in your first pro MMA fight with the world watching you?

She looked liked what she was, a highly conditioned. experienced trained amatuer boxer, with some general familiarity of kicking and grappling.

Getting hit with those 4 ounce gloves is a wake up call to boxers and kickboxers. Just ask all of the Glory kickoxers who are "high level" strikers and come to MMA and get KTFO.

She has an excellent base to expland upon. She still has the boxing bad habit over overhooking instead of underhooking. Doesn't have the stand up grappling balance she will need being almost 6 feet tall. Those long legs will be an easy target.

Just has to master getting back to her feet. Specifics of the frontheadlock w/chokes.

I think the chin will be the biggest question.

But she didn't look bad for a first fight.

We're both right. She didn't look bad for an MMA debut. She looked bad for a UFC signee. She's also 37 and supposedly been training MMA for years, so it isn't like she's got a lot of room for growth. 

12 days ago
1/1/01
jcblass - I read this just to see if Carol Fucking Baskin was still on the show.

I thought the same thing
12 days ago
2/28/06
RockTheVote - 
nowaydo -
RockTheVote - 
If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much -
Stea1th -

Wolf is in because she is decent looking 

I think the fact they have no one at 145 and her boxing pedigree has a lot more to do with it

She looked pretty bad last night. Boxing pedigree? She was a 24-16 amateur. I'm not a huge boxing guy, but I don't think that is considered good. 

Bad??
Are you serious? How did you look in your first pro MMA fight with the world watching you?

She looked liked what she was, a highly conditioned. experienced trained amatuer boxer, with some general familiarity of kicking and grappling.

Getting hit with those 4 ounce gloves is a wake up call to boxers and kickboxers. Just ask all of the Glory kickoxers who are "high level" strikers and come to MMA and get KTFO.

She has an excellent base to expland upon. She still has the boxing bad habit over overhooking instead of underhooking. Doesn't have the stand up grappling balance she will need being almost 6 feet tall. Those long legs will be an easy target.

Just has to master getting back to her feet. Specifics of the frontheadlock w/chokes.

I think the chin will be the biggest question.

But she didn't look bad for a first fight.

We're both right. She didn't look bad for an MMA debut. She looked bad for a UFC signee. She's also 37 and supposedly been training MMA for years, so it isn't like she's got a lot of room for growth. 

Yes ...agree, but 145lb needs some bodies. They need both ladies.

12 days ago
3/23/06

WMMA fight SUCKED

12 days ago
3/23/06

worst fight I've seen in years
12 days ago
3/23/06

chin up, hands down