UnderGround Forums Dan Henderson - GOAT

3/13/12 3:36 AM
10/31/05

Seriously, Hendo has won TWO belts in PRIDE, was a Strikeforce champion and has wins over who-is-who in MMA: Fedor, Shogun, Silva, Nog, Vitor, Renzo...

Fights anyone anytime any weight. Hendo is a true fighter, unlike many of the fighters today cutting 30lbs trying to squeeze into a weight class.

Hats off to Hendo !

3/13/12 3:37 AM
4/2/08

Hats off!!

Edited: 3/13/12 3:45 AM
10/31/05

In a recent interview Hendo says:...just give me a heavyweight...

damnnn...the balls on that dude !

Do we have a fighter like Hendo these days ? He is a true fighter.

With all these champions like GSP and Silva scurred to go up a weight class and get smashed. Or Alves cutting 30 lbs to get down a weight class. WTF.

Hendo just fights and crushes fools down. Old school ! 

3/13/12 3:47 AM
10/31/05

Hendo is a Gladiator !

3/13/12 3:47 AM
1/8/12

He deserves to be in the conversation about GOAT but it's hard to overlook his losses especially the shields one. Phone Post

3/13/12 4:10 AM
11/13/11

Hendo is like a guy who should of been born  thousand years before just imagine him as a warrior fucking ppl up.He is the real deal, a mans man one tough son of a bitch who will  fight anyone anytime

3/13/12 4:16 AM
1/1/01

No fucking way.

Guy has gotten more gift decisions than ANYONE EVER.

And has never even held a UFC actual championship.

And now he thinks he is too good to fight any fight besides a title fight.

Dan IS very good,but has made the most of SO many continued opportunities.

I am sick of the guy,and mark my words,he is NEVER gonna hold a UFC title.

(but he WILL get at least two more shots at one)

3/13/12 4:48 AM
12/2/11

p4p yeah he might be

last of a dying breed he is

just scrap

3/13/12 4:57 AM
12/3/02

Hendo is the goat. No question. 

3/13/12 5:37 AM
2/5/12

Hendo is like a guy who should of been born thousand years before just imagine him as a warrior fucking ppl up.He is the real deal, a mans man one tough son of a bitch who will fight anyone anytime

I totally agree doesn't mean he could survive with the likes of JJ. Phone Post

3/13/12 7:45 AM
11/7/07
crazydave -  Hendo is the goat. No question. 

3/13/12 8:32 AM
1/31/12

Sorry went down on my estimations after the shogun fight. Don't care what the judges say who won that fight? Shogun! Henderson looked like a beaten and broken man shogun owned his sole yet he gave it all the Charlie big potatoes after was disappointed in him tainted the awesome fight it was. For that alone can't be the goat in my eyes Phone Post

3/13/12 8:37 AM
3/5/11
Nick Diaz Fan -  Hendo is like a guy who should of been born  thousand years before just imagine him as a warrior fucking ppl up.He is the real deal, a mans man one tough son of a bitch who will  fight anyone anytime

True warriors never did ped's.
3/13/12 8:40 AM
7/7/10

He's right up there, top 5 IMO Phone Post

3/13/12 8:45 AM
11/17/10
Bofbro -
Nick Diaz Fan -  Hendo is like a guy who should of been born  thousand years before just imagine him as a warrior fucking ppl up.He is the real deal, a mans man one tough son of a bitch who will  fight anyone anytime

True warriors never did ped's.
True warriors would have done peds had they been available. Phone Post
3/13/12 8:49 AM
12/22/10
jungle_re - Sorry went down on my estimations after the shogun fight. Don't care what the judges say who won that fight? Shogun! Henderson looked like a beaten and broken man shogun owned his sole yet he gave it all the Charlie big potatoes after was disappointed in him tainted the awesome fight it was. For that alone can't be the goat in my eyes

they both looked like broken men cause they were beating the hell out of each other.

if the rounds were 3 like usual than Henderson would have won. 2 extra rounds and shogun looked to be on top. a few more rounds and they probably both would have just tipped over from exhaustion.

3/13/12 10:20 AM
1/31/12
r_o_y -
jungle_re - Sorry went down on my estimations after the shogun fight. Don't care what the judges say who won that fight? Shogun! Henderson looked like a beaten and broken man shogun owned his sole yet he gave it all the Charlie big potatoes after was disappointed in him tainted the awesome fight it was. For that alone can't be the goat in my eyes

they both looked like broken men cause they were beating the hell out of each other.

if the rounds were 3 like usual than Henderson would have won. 2 extra rounds and shogun looked to be on top. a few more rounds and they probably both would have just tipped over from exhaustion.

I'm talking a fight ie ignoring scoring and not really the damage either. It was a war a great fight to watch easily in my top 3 but at the end shogun owned him he took his spirit fight and drive away if it continued to a finish you surely cannot deny that it would have been shogun walking out the victor getting there he braved one hell of a storm but could not be finished and had enough to brake hendo spirit. I didnt mean to do much raise the fight as it was epic but his bravado afterwards was just full of shit lowering my opinion of the man not the fighter. A GOAT for me can't be self delusional it in this that Hendo fails.

Fantastic fighter part of what may be the bestever fight to go to decision future hall of famer maybe but not goat Phone Post
3/13/12 10:23 AM
11/13/11

I don't know about GOAT but definitely up there.. he is 100% a legend and will go down in history as a historically significant MMA athlete.

He is also my favorite fighter of all time.

3/13/12 10:25 AM
3/7/05

He is definitely in the running. One of the all time greats and the biggest set of balls in MMA, that is for sure. Hendo personifies the warrior spirit.

3/13/12 10:35 AM
9/1/09
Einsteinz -
judom - In a recent interview Hendo says:...just give me a heavyweight...

damnnn...the balls on that dude !

Do we have a fighter like Hendo these days ? He is a true fighter.

With all these champions like GSP and Silva scurred to go up a weight class and get smashed. Or Alves cutting 30 lbs to get down a weight class. WTF.

Hendo just fights and crushes fools down. Old school ! 

anderson isnt scared he doesnt want to interfere with machida and nog

gsp will probably move up soon too

anderson also smashed henderson pretty easily

Is that why Hendo won the first round? Stop throwing "easy" around when you don't know what an easy fight is. Phone Post
3/13/12 10:52 AM
3/27/11
behzad - Hes quietly getting up there. I mean he has same lame losses too.

But if he wins ufc gold hes got a great claim.

Plus hes an awesome dude !

In bed. Phone Post
This!!

Wait, what? Phone Post
3/13/12 11:04 AM
8/1/03

" Hendo is a true fighter, unlike many of the fighters today cutting 30lbs trying to squeeze into a weight class."

So he should get points for the "bravery" of fighting at his natural weight, even though according to everyone here he is simply much WORSE at 185, as indicated by his drubbings by Anderson and Shields? If you win at a higher weight and lose at a lower, does it really take more balls to fight at the higher?

3/13/12 11:15 AM
12/14/09

Dan has gone from underrated to overrated in the last few years. Always thought of him as one of the top p4p fighters, but not GOAT.

Shields and Misaki both beat him. If he beats JBJ, then we'll talk. Phone Post

3/13/12 12:14 PM
1/1/01

Most of you have recent join dates.

When you fight tough mofos as often and as long as he has, you pick up some losses too. But Hendo has the best resume in MMA and therefore is the GOAT.

3/13/12 12:17 PM
1/1/01

Who is your GOAT? Anderson and GSP have lost to far worse fighters than this. Fedor lost to the man himself. JBJ? let's talk a few years from now.

SuMBJJ - Shields and Misaki both beat him.