UnderGround Forums Dana said Jones wanted Wilder money to fight...

5/29/20 9:42 PM
8/5/13

"You there pussy?"

5/29/20 10:02 PM
1/1/01
Johnzandt -

Jones could actually force the UFC's  hand on this one. If Dana doubles down like he usually does, I can see Jones cracking and releasing his undisclosed payments. Then it's all bets off for all the fighters.

How would Jones releasing his full earnings mean all bets off for all fighters?

He is a top five star in the promotion and one of the best ever.... he could clear $10,000,000 per fight right now and it still means fuck-all to most fighters.

5/30/20 12:05 AM
11/20/09
BJ Penn Forever - 

Ngannou.

That is around $30 million.

This is why I try not to listen to much of what fighter A or fighter B says on social media. During a fight negotiation you always get one side from one fighter and a different story from the other fighter. Once in a while Dana chimes in but he usually does not claim which fighters story is less true regarding negotiations.

Its all noise to me. I try to ignore it all.

And I know, I know... Dana is not the gold standard for perfect truth in media. Dana is pretty honest with media, they just don't ask him tough questions by and large. Still I trust Dana's statements in media way more than I trust anything Jon Jones says. I trust Jon Jones word on nothing, ever. I've never bought into his HW talk.

Go to 2:45 for Dana on Jones...

You're one of my favorite posters but you should not trust Dana by now.  Not saying you should trust JJ either, but do you remember how Dana White trashed Dan Henderson immediately after he ko'd Bisping which was the last fight on his contract?

Dana said all sorts of derogatory shit so that Dan's stock would go down which in return helps Dana at the negotiation table.  

I would not put it past Dana to embelish his dealings with Jon Jones to put the public on the promoters side in regarding a super fight and how much money should be paid. 

Remain neutral on this one my friend. 

5/30/20 1:04 AM
7/2/09
D241 -
BJ Penn Forever - 

Ngannou.

That is around $30 million.

This is why I try not to listen to much of what fighter A or fighter B says on social media. During a fight negotiation you always get one side from one fighter and a different story from the other fighter. Once in a while Dana chimes in but he usually does not claim which fighters story is less true regarding negotiations.

Its all noise to me. I try to ignore it all.

And I know, I know... Dana is not the gold standard for perfect truth in media. Dana is pretty honest with media, they just don't ask him tough questions by and large. Still I trust Dana's statements in media way more than I trust anything Jon Jones says. I trust Jon Jones word on nothing, ever. I've never bought into his HW talk.

Go to 2:45 for Dana on Jones...

You're one of my favorite posters but you should not trust Dana by now.  Not saying you should trust JJ either, but do you remember how Dana White trashed Dan Henderson immediately after he ko'd Bisping which was the last fight on his contract?

Dana said all sorts of derogatory shit so that Dan's stock would go down which in return helps Dana at the negotiation table.  

I would not put it past Dana to embelish his dealings with Jon Jones to put the public on the promoters side in regarding a super fight and how much money should be paid. 

Remain neutral on this one my friend. 

You don't even need to give specific examples.  Just think about how Dana himself describes promoters: "fucking scumbags".

5/30/20 11:24 AM
1/1/01

Chael is the perfect guy to cover Dana vs Jones...

5/30/20 12:20 PM
10/14/07

If Jones went to bellator or OneFC he would IMO start the exodus of talent. Hate him or love him him leaving the ufc for another org weakens the ufc greatly.

5/30/20 12:44 PM
7/22/09
ufc98newb -

they are both stating their case so strongly, i don't know what to believe. 

about the text messages, why doesn't jon put them out himself. 

Because they don’t exist maybe?

5/30/20 12:47 PM
1/1/01
Strykr619 -

If Jones went to bellator or OneFC he would IMO start the exodus of talent. Hate him or love him him leaving the ufc for another org weakens the ufc greatly.

There would be no increased exodus of talent. Neither Bellator or ONE are the UFC or are in a position to do what the UFC is doing. Even if they were in the market for Jones, they are not going to all of a sudden be in the market for twenty or fifty expensive former UFC fighters.

5/30/20 1:10 PM
1/1/01

This guy is always off the mark.

He thinks UFC should pay Jones giant money for Ngannou, the Ngannou of 2020 that is not even yet a huge star.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2020/5/30/21275302/so-the-promoters-of-fight-island-think-jon-jones-contract-demands-are-absurd

The fly in the soup this time around is oh, just tens of millions of dollars, along with two wildly different accounts of the same conversation. While White is adamant Jones is asking for megabucks, Jones has been equally steadfast that talks never even reached a point where specific numbers were discussed, and that he only sought a raise to take on the greater risk at heavyweight. Which, you know, seems totally reasonable.

Also totally reasonable as a starting point? $30 million to fight Ngannou. Wilder made that much to face Fury in a fight that drew about 1.2 million pay-per-view buys. Is it unreasonable to believe that Jones vs. Ngannou could pull in that kind of number? I don’t think so. With a promotional push, UFC 244’s “BMF” match for instance, drew over 900,000 buys, and that’s without featuring a former champion in the headliner. Jones, meanwhile, is perhaps the greatest fighter of all time while Ngannou boasts a highlight reel that most promoters would die for. If you can’t turn these two into box office gold, you’re asleep at the wheel.

5/30/20 1:19 PM
3/16/15
Strykr619 - 

Neither can pay top talent what the UFC pays.
5/30/20 4:51 PM
11/20/09
BJ Penn Forever - 

Chael is entertaining, but do you honestly think he has a good or civil relationship with Jon Jones?

Chael shits on Jones quite often.  I don't mind it, but to pretend he's unbiased on this is laughable.

5/30/20 6:11 PM
1/1/01
D241 -
BJ Penn Forever - 

Chael is entertaining, but do you honestly think he has a good or civil relationship with Jon Jones?

Chael shits on Jones quite often.  I don't mind it, but to pretend he's unbiased on this is laughable.

Relax man.

It was said tongue in cheek.

Chael loves roasting Jones and loves a war of words.... that is why I said he is the perfect guy to cover Dana vs Jones.

5/31/20 12:11 AM
2/25/15
When Dana doesn't want to make a fight for reasons outside of money, he usually does not hide it. Remember Khabib vs GSP? He never pretended it was for money reasons.

Here i believe Dana genuinely wanted this fight and the reason its not being made really does seem to be money related. Its not impossible Jones asked for a little less (say 25M) and Dana gave a slighty bigger number. But this whole thing is a bit stupid. This isn't a great time for Jones to ask for a massive pay raise when the company is clearly not making their best profits.
5/31/20 7:39 AM
1/1/01
floofy - When Dana doesn't want to make a fight for reasons outside of money, he usually does not hide it. Remember Khabib vs GSP? He never pretended it was for money reasons.

Here i believe Dana genuinely wanted this fight and the reason its not being made really does seem to be money related. Its not impossible Jones asked for a little less (say 25M) and Dana gave a slighty bigger number. But this whole thing is a bit stupid. This isn't a great time for Jones to ask for a massive pay raise when the company is clearly not making their best profits.

Thats the thing... Jones timing is just retarded.

Dana said in the presser last night night.... Hunter told Jones he woudl breakdown the math to him (to explain UFC's cealing) and Jones said "I don't give a fuck what the numbers are, I want what I want".

Thats Jones, emotional and egomaniacal.

5/31/20 7:43 AM
3/12/15

UFC is a corrupt monopoly who doesn't let their champions test free agency and constantly slanders champions from other organizations who refuse to sign their absurdly corrupt contracts. 

5/31/20 7:58 AM
8/3/11