UnderGround Forums Dana sits Conor down

15 days ago
3/22/16
So UFC offered COnor a fight vs Dustin for January. Conor publicly said he accepted the fight but ONLY if it was in Nov or December (probably wants all his earnings in a 12 month period for a forbes list or some BS)

So what does Dana do to respond. Tells Conor the fight is offered for January only. "It's a yes or no answer"

Conor dont call no shots mates.

https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/30114977/conor-mcgregor-offered-dustin-poirier-fight-only-jan-23
15 days ago
10/3/11

Nice linking

https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/30114977/conor-mcgregor-offered-dustin-poirier-fight-only-jan-23

15 days ago
8/20/03
It's weird that Conor wasn't this year but I suspect it's a control thing and BLAF won't play that.

I suspect we are seeing the start of the UFC moving on from Conor.
15 days ago
4/2/20

Yeah, I kind of feel like this was Dana’s ultimate fuck you to Conor for “breaking the man code”. Also, the UFC just announced the Yan vs. Sterling title fight for Dec 12th completely out of the blue, when it was so uncertain in the days leading up.

I want to see Conor fight! I’d rather see him fight Ferguson, but I was pumped to hear that they were trying to make the fight with Poirier happen before the end of the year.

You gotta wonder what Dana’s end game is in all of this. Is it an FU, or is he trying to hold off to have Conor fight when fans in attendance are allowed back? 

15 days ago
11/10/16

Conor might just not want to be training and dieting over xmas. 

The UFC might want to remember that Conor has the money that no other fighter they have had to fight them legally. And if the proposed bill for the  Ali Act is extened to MMA ( which is will one day), the UFC are fucked.  

15 days ago
3/22/16
Charliemma - 

The UFC might want to remember that Conor has the money that no other fighter they have had to fight them legally. And if the proposed bill for the  Ali Act is extened to MMA ( which is will one day), the UFC are fucked.  

You dont actually believe that do you?

Compared to the UFC, Conor's money is not threatening at all. Also, do you really think Conor would spend HIS money to fight the UFC? He's to money-minded to even consider that. He'll bitch and moan and if he wants to fight he will do it on UFC's terms.

He will put out fake promos about boxing. But he is under contract to Dana and the UFC. And if he wants to fight a legal battle, UFC will gladly go thru the motions and spend millions of dollars against him just to prove a point.
15 days ago
11/10/16
Don J -
Charliemma - 

You dont actually believe that do you?

Compared to the UFC, Conor's money is not threatening at all. Also, do you really think Conor would spend HIS money to fight the UFC? He's to money-minded to even consider that. He'll bitch and moan and if he wants to fight he will do it on UFC's terms.

He will put out fake promos about boxing. But he is under contract to Dana and the UFC. And if he wants to fight a legal battle, UFC will gladly go thru the motions and spend millions of dollars against him just to prove a point.

Who knows, Conors pretty bonkers.. 

15 days ago
4/11/10

Maybe Clay Guida is available for December. Exhibition of course, because he doesn't want it to count when he loses.

15 days ago
9/20/19

The UFC needs Conor more than he needs them. 

15 days ago
9/12/10

Looks like Conor just accepted the January date

15 days ago
8/2/11
HillboFrateTrane -

No

15 days ago
11/24/10

15 days ago
1/13/11

Meh. Doubt it

15 days ago
10/20/16
lordleone -

So he accepts IF it’s at Cowboy Stadium? In other words, “nah”

15 days ago
8/31/10
bootysweat -
lordleone -

So he accepts IF it’s at Cowboy Stadium? In other words, “nah”

That's not what he said.

15 days ago
4/11/10

Has anyone told him about covid or does cocaine cause memory loss?

15 days ago
10/10/18
HillboFrateTrane -

Really dude? You are fucked if thats what you think.

UFC has a whole bunch of new stars on the rise.

Conner is yesterdays news. He will poke his head up here & there but he had his time & blew it with all the outside of the cage crap he was doing & refusing to defend his titles.

Sure, he was the first to get 2 belts but thats common now. He is a 2 division non defending champ & hasn't fought in 12 months.

On a personel note, he is still with his childhood sweet heart. Has 2 kids & has only now gotten engaged?  Lazy ass prick....

15 days ago
2/29/16
Dead President - 

Maybe Clay Guida is available for December. Exhibition of course, because he doesn't want it to count when he loses.

Dennis Siver rematch

14 days ago
1/8/04

I don't understand the point of a Conor/Dustin rematch. Sure, Dustin got better, but Conor is just the better fighter.

14 days ago
9/20/19
omnigath -
HillboFrateTrane -

Conner is yesterdays news. He will poke his head up here & there but he had his time & blew it with all the outside of the cage crap he was doing & refusing to defend his titles.

Sure, he was the first to get 2 belts but thats common now. He is a 2 division non defending champ & hasn't fought in 12 months.

On a personel note, he is still with his childhood sweet heart. Has 2 kids & has only now gotten engaged?  Lazy ass prick....

Who? And if those, who hasnt had a significant amount of fame rubbed off by Conor? 

The UFC cannot make the kind of money they need to without him at this point.  

14 days ago
2/2/05

What’s 25-30 percent of that huge ass stadium hold? Some gate is better than none and I know they don’t wanna pay connor his rate without crowd sales again like the cowboy fight. 

14 days ago
8/17/08
Pain Headquarters -

Yeah, I kind of feel like this was Dana’s ultimate fuck you to Conor for “breaking the man code”. Also, the UFC just announced the Yan vs. Sterling title fight for Dec 12th completely out of the blue, when it was so uncertain in the days leading up.

I want to see Conor fight! I’d rather see him fight Ferguson, but I was pumped to hear that they were trying to make the fight with Poirier happen before the end of the year.

You gotta wonder what Dana’s end game is in all of this. Is it an FU, or is he trying to hold off to have Conor fight when fans in attendance are allowed back? 

the latter.  Conor is expensive.  By Jan 23rd better chance of having Gate revenue.

14 days ago
8/17/08
HillboFrateTrane -
omnigath -
HillboFrateTrane -

Who? And if those, who hasnt had a significant amount of fame rubbed off by Conor? 

UFC doesnt need conor.  with the new espn deal most UFC revenue is guaranteed now.

as I said years ago.  Time is on UFC's side... every moment that goes by.... ever new deal UFC signs.... fighters leverage decreases.

UFC dont give a fuck about conor and they show it.  Jon Jones, Henry Cejudo and whoever else can retire and UFC just moves on without giving a single fuck.

14 days ago
9/26/10
MMALOGIC -
HillboFrateTrane -
omnigath -
HillboFrateTrane -

UFC doesnt need conor.  with the new espn deal most UFC revenue is guaranteed now.

as I said years ago.  Time is on UFC's side... every moment that goes by.... ever new deal UFC signs.... fighters leverage decreases.

UFC dont give a fuck about conor and they show it.  Jon Jones, Henry Cejudo and whoever else can retire and UFC just moves on without giving a single fuck.

that attitude will only go so far. the people see through it if it goes too far and all the fighters leave for bellator. 

14 days ago
8/4/07
MMALOGIC -
Pain Headquarters -

the latter.  Conor is expensive.  By Jan 23rd better chance of having Gate revenue.

I agree with your sentiment here but they also weren't about to pay Amanda fucking Nunes ppv points for a Conor card. They would be shelling her a lot of undeserved cash.