UnderGround Forums Dana: the fight happening April 18 on planet Earth

3/31/20 4:27 AM
8/3/11

“The thing is with my fighters is, when they’re with me, they’re getting the best medical attention they could possibly get – better than if they were home alone by themselves, or whatever their situation is,” White said.

“I’ve reached out to everybody – not just my employees that work for me, but my fighters, too. If them or a loved one becomes ill and needs me, I’m here. I will do everything in my power to help and take care of them. So that’s a given, always. And this fight (at UFC 249) will go on.”

“Believe me, people have been talking about that,” White said of the aircraft carrier suggestion. “I haven’t resorted to that yet, but that’s probably coming soon.”

“A lot of these media guys are absolute and total (expletive) scumbags,” he said. “As soon as you let them know what you’re doing, all they’re trying to do is (expletive) up everything that you’ve worked. So I’ve literally told every one of these guys to go (expletive) themselves and I’m not telling any of them what I’m doing, where I’m doing it.

“But know this: The fight is happening, April 18, somewhere on Planet (expletive) Earth. And when you need to know, I’ll let you know.”

3/31/20 4:35 AM
1/1/01

when did he say this? before the khabib stuck in russia thing or after?

3/31/20 4:47 AM
8/3/11
FatBuddha -

March 30, 2020 9:40 am

Edited: 3/31/20 4:52 AM
1/1/01

Dana also told Okamoto that he is trying to make 249 "the baddest card thats ever been done".... more likely to be "the baddest card thats ever been done, of the night, this month".

3/31/20 4:48 AM
1/1/01
touch - 
FatBuddha -

March 30, 2020 9:40 am

That's after the Khabib in Russia thing broke, right? How is he planning on getting Khabib out of Russia if that story is accurate?

3/31/20 4:53 AM
8/3/11

Khabib in Russia thing broke yesterday in the morning Moscow time, that was late night in US - 8 hours earlier

3/31/20 4:55 AM
8/3/11
BJ Penn Forever -

Dana also told Okamoto that he is trying to make 249 "the baddest card thats ever been done".... more likely to be "the baddest card thats ever been done, of the night, this month".

Yeah Dana talking a lot. His tongue must be good for eating a fur burger

3/31/20 5:08 AM
8/2/11
touch -
BJ Penn Forever -

Your mum

3/31/20 5:12 AM
1/1/01
touch -
BJ Penn Forever -

Ha... is that a popular experssion in Russian? Never heard that.

Lets see if he delivers, I hope so.

The markets are crazy, unemployment is bad, the media has people scared, etc.... I could use a giant MMA card on the 18th to relax and forget life for a night.

Thats why I watch MMA almost every Saturday night after all these years, its an escape from real life for a few hours.

3/31/20 5:43 AM
5/11/06

If Khabib Tony is off it would be ridiculous to still have the card with Tony on it.  Sometimes Dana's stubborness works agaisnt him, this would be one of those times.

3/31/20 6:11 AM
8/18/13

Stopped reading at the first sentence.

The best medical care they can get is by sitting at home Dana. Fuck it’s hard to defend the guy at times 

3/31/20 6:15 AM
8/2/11
Dreville79 -

The best medical care they can get is by sitting at home Dana. Fuck it’s hard to defend the guy at times 

You don't though. Cunts like you will bitch if he puts the fight on or cancels it

3/31/20 7:06 AM
8/18/13
ThatsHowIRoll -
Dreville79 -

You don't though. Cunts like you will bitch if he puts the fight on or cancels it

Wrong. I couldn’t give a shit about sports right now, much less than I could care if some forum dwelling no name calls me a cunt. I care about my family, and my friends first. Dana, Khabib, Tony, your good self and the rest of humanity, all come in a joint second place with the rest of humanity.

Sit down a few weeks, chill out, normality returns. So, so easy. Get Fight Pass for fuck sake, there’s more fighting on there than it’s possible to watch in three months 

3/31/20 7:33 AM
9/24/18

Dana out there trying to prove he's bigger than a worldwide pandemic. 

And it's falling apart badly for him right now. 

3/31/20 9:22 AM
11/26/16

Honestly the fight should be the last thing on people's minds right now..

Neither of these guys are getting the same training prior to the pandemic. Dana needs to take a break and sit down somewhere.

3/31/20 9:40 AM
4/5/10

UFC should pay Russian govt $$$ “fee” and let Khabib get to Abu Dhabi or have the fight in Russia

3/31/20 9:54 AM
1/1/01

IF he can get this fight done i got ot give major props I may even but ESPN plus but Im hoping it on tv prme time

3/31/20 9:55 AM
3/13/17
hyperfire - 

Neither of these guys are getting the same training prior to the pandemic. Dana needs to take a break and sit down somewhere.

Im usually against Dana but I'm giving him props here.

He's willing to take all precautions and fight anywhere with no fans.

People need something to look towards in these times. 

I don't see how UFC 249 going on with all precautions, everyone involved self quarantine after, will make the pandemic any worse.

It's old school mentality. You fight no matter what. 

On the way to the basketball tournament? Car broke down on the way? Team didn't eat properly? The visitors locker room stinks and your best player has food poisoning? That's where grit and pride is shown. Winning against all circumstances.

If this fight goes on.. It will be EPIC. and whoever wins will have even more clout.

3/31/20 2:06 PM
3/18/14

Spot on dana

3/31/20 2:07 PM
12/17/06
Pedro Navaja - 
hyperfire - 

I don't see how UFC 249 going on with all precautions, everyone involved self quarantine after, will make the pandemic any worse.

On the way to the basketball tournament? Car broke down on the way? Team didn't eat properly? The visitors locker room stinks and your best player has food poisoning? That's where grit and pride is shown. Winning against all circumstances.

If this fight goes on.. It will be EPIC. and whoever wins will have even more clout.

Can't believe I just voted you up.

Well said.

3/31/20 2:15 PM
5/8/13
Pedro Navaja -
hyperfire - 

This is the first time I can ever recall agreeing with you. Definitely the first time I’ve given you a vtfu. But I agree, well said 

3/31/20 2:17 PM
5/8/13
Altofsky -
Pedro Navaja - 
hyperfire - 

Can't believe I just voted you up.

Well said.

Me too lol, pandemic is bringing us all together or some shit.... but he was correct for once 

3/31/20 2:29 PM
8/22/02

Why didn't they just tell Khabib to stay put? Makes no sense for him to be country hopping at this time.  Had he stayed in the same country as Tony then at least they'd know the travel issues would be the same for all involved. 

3/31/20 3:06 PM
3/13/18

I’m sure they can get khabib out of Russia, or a handful of tested fighters in. It’s Russia for fucks sake

3/31/20 4:21 PM
2/19/14
Pedro Navaja -
hyperfire - 

Damn, who are you, and what did you do to our Pedro?