UnderGround Forums Dana trying to make UFC 249 a supercard

12 days ago
1/1/01

Sounds like they are getting rid of the original card and putting big cancelled fights on this card. Hopefully the UFC is able to stack 249 into something great.

12 days ago
11/24/13

Great news. Why not. They'll have a huge stadium with a live audience with the card being moved to Russia.

12 days ago
1/1/01
Nytron -

Great news. Why not. They'll have a huge stadium with a live audience with the card being moved to Russia.

Even if they do it with no live fans, somewhere like Florida or Dubai... via the power of the internet and tv, they can give sports fans all over the world something awesome to watch.

12 days ago
1/1/01

Don't forget, Dana watched the PRIDE Grand Prix tournaments and the PRIDE Shockwave shows, he knows what a big card looks like. The weekly UFC grind may have watered down their product but he still remembers PRIDE. UFC put together UFC 200. They can do this.

12 days ago
1/1/01

The baddest card thats ever been done in the history of the sport sounds good to me:

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020/03/dana-white-ufc-249-could-add-francis-ngannou-vs-jairzinho-rozenstruik

“We’re building a card where people can still maneuver and still get in,” White said. “We’re trying to build the baddest card that’s ever been done in the history of the sport. … Some of the things are going to work out, and some of the things might not work out. We’re trying to figure out if they don’t, what do we do? … Actually, Francis is one of the guys we’re looking at, too. Yes, yes, yes (against Rozenstruik).”

11 days ago
1/1/01

And if they keep it behind a double pay wall no one will watch. If they were smart they would put the supercard live on ABC. Take advantage of everyone being home but they are too greedy for that! 

11 days ago
1/1/01

theres no other sports Im hoping they can pull it off

11 days ago
6/22/06
Mutant - 

And if they keep it behind a double pay wall no one will watch. If they were smart they would put the supercard live on ABC. Take advantage of everyone being home but they are too greedy for that! 

Dude-

I know the UFC can get greedy sometimes. However, lets be real. Dana is not only making an effort to keep this card rolling, but add some big fights to the biggest fight in UFC history.
11 days ago
7/8/13

'White did not share the location of the card, which is scheduled to be headlined by the lightweight championship fight between Khabib Nurmagomedov and Tony Ferguson, and also wouldn’t comment on whether athletes participating in the event would be tested for COVID-19. “The less the media knows the better,” White said. “Let me just put it to you this way: A lot of this hysteria has been driven by the media. The less the media knows, the better off it is.” White did praise Nevada governor Steve Sisolak’s lockdown orders, but then went on and shared some concerning takes on the pandemic.

“How long are we going to stay in our houses and hide? If the Coronavirus is what’s going to get me, then so be it. It is what it is. Heart disease, car accidents, cancer…the list goes on and on of all these things that kill people every year. One thing is guaranteed. We’re all going to die of something.” White said he was quarantined in his house, but was adamant that he doesn’t plan on staying in shelter for long. “Since when do Americans run and hide in their freakin’ houses instead of taking this thing head on and finding solutions … I don’t think I’m a high risk guy for this thing. Maybe I’m wrong. And if I’m wrong, then the coronavirus is going to get me. It is what it is, there is nothing you can do about it.”

*facepalm*

Just postpone it

11 days ago
1/1/01
Bereal -
Mutant - 

Dude-

I know the UFC can get greedy sometimes. However, lets be real. Dana is not only making an effort to keep this card rolling, but add some big fights to the biggest fight in UFC history.

Great but it will be behind a double pay wall and zero casuals will watch like usual. Your average person gives zero fucks about the ufc and are not going to seek it out behind a double wall. Put it on ABC or all of this is pointless.

Plus I still have doubts this event is going to even happen! 

11 days ago
7/27/04

Awesome!can't wait

11 days ago
1/1/01
Mutant -
Bereal -
Mutant - 

Dude-

Great but it will be behind a double pay wall and zero casuals will watch like usual. Your average person gives zero fucks about the ufc and are not going to seek it out behind a double wall. Put it on ABC or all of this is pointless.

Plus I still have doubts this event is going to even happen! 

Mutant, you bringing that bad negative energy to this thread, come on man, the glass is half full. Sounds like Dana is trying to do something big after all this crazy shit went down in the world and within the org.

Should be a great card.

11 days ago
10/5/12

I pay the double pay wall, but let's not act like this wouldn't be streamed by millions of people either way. I'm excited for this card and I hope it works out.

People can have their own way of looking at this thing, but I like what Dana is saying. I work in a distribution center, and without us, no one can wipe their ass, literally. Somebody has to work, and the quicker we can find a way to get our workforce back the better. This shit sucks for people with kids in school, and all the people out of work who live paycheck to paycheck. 

11 days ago
7/8/13
cawkgobbler -

I pay the double pay wall, but let's not act like this wouldn't be streamed by millions of people either way. I'm excited for this card and I hope it works out.

People can have their own way of looking at this thing, but I like what Dana is saying. I work in a distribution center, and without us, no one can wipe their ass, literally. Somebody has to work, and the quicker we can find a way to get our workforce back the better. This shit sucks for people with kids in school, and all the people out of work who live paycheck to paycheck. 

yeah, it may very well end up being the best card of all time, but there's zero percent chance the numbers will reflect it. It will be quite the opposite

Edited: 11 days ago
1/26/08
Mutant -

thats a lot of money to leave on the table and doubt any network would be willing to pay what he could make on PPV with it.

11 days ago
2/22/13
spjackson77 -

'White did not share the location of the card, which is scheduled to be headlined by the lightweight championship fight between Khabib Nurmagomedov and Tony Ferguson, and also wouldn’t comment on whether athletes participating in the event would be tested for COVID-19. “The less the media knows the better,” White said. “Let me just put it to you this way: A lot of this hysteria has been driven by the media. The less the media knows, the better off it is.” White did praise Nevada governor Steve Sisolak’s lockdown orders, but then went on and shared some concerning takes on the pandemic.

“How long are we going to stay in our houses and hide? If the Coronavirus is what’s going to get me, then so be it. It is what it is. Heart disease, car accidents, cancer…the list goes on and on of all these things that kill people every year. One thing is guaranteed. We’re all going to die of something.” White said he was quarantined in his house, but was adamant that he doesn’t plan on staying in shelter for long. “Since when do Americans run and hide in their freakin’ houses instead of taking this thing head on and finding solutions … I don’t think I’m a high risk guy for this thing. Maybe I’m wrong. And if I’m wrong, then the coronavirus is going to get me. It is what it is, there is nothing you can do about it.”

*facepalm*

Just postpone it

What a fucking selfish moron. When you get hit by a car, you don’t pass it on to 3 other people who then each pass it on to 3 more people, including chemo patients, the elderly and the sick.

Its staggering in times like these how little regard and empathy some people have towards others.

11 days ago
1/1/01
RoyNelsonsTVDinner -
spjackson77 -

*facepalm*

Just postpone it

What a fucking selfish moron. When you get hit by a car, you don’t pass it on to 3 other people who then each pass it on to 3 more people, including chemo patients, the elderly and the sick.

Its staggering in times like these how little regard and empathy some people have towards others.

He is right that quarantine for too long is not the solution. The quarantine is just to flatten the curve enough so the hospitals are not overwhelmed. If too many people are quarantined for too long then there will be too much loss of GDP and increase in unemployment, every time there is a rise in unemployment, there is a rise in death rates due to related issues... homelessness, suicide, less medical care, etc...

1/1/01

-

11 days ago
1/1/01

Viruses kill people but so does job loss.

11 days ago
3/17/14

It should be free if it happens. 

11 days ago
8/2/11
knappster -

Why? Cause you nobody so? 

ill happily pay for it

11 days ago
5/5/13
ThatsHowIRoll -
knappster -

Why? Cause you nobody so? 

ill happily pay for it

Exactly, cause you nobody so!

11/8/08
Mutant -
Bereal -
Mutant - 

Dude-

Plus I still have doubts this event is going to even happen

Laziest ABC executive ever

11 days ago
2/22/13
BJ Penn Forever -
RoyNelsonsTVDinner -
spjackson77 -

*facepalm*

Just postpone it

He is right that quarantine for too long is not the solution. The quarantine is just to flatten the curve enough so the hospitals are not overwhelmed. If too many people are quarantined for too long then there will be too much loss of GDP and increase in unemployment, every time there is a rise in unemployment, there is a rise in death rates due to related issues... homelessness, suicide, less medical care, etc...

Time will tell re: quarantine. I’m not an expert on these matters and I don’t think anyone will truly know how good/bad the response has been until the dust finally settles. You may well be right.

My issue is the complete lack of empathy shown from someone who has a platform of influence: it’s sociopathic. Look how long the UFC fought to get into NY - Dana certainly didn’t brush that off as no big deal.

Sure, it’s not some zombie disease that’s wiping out humanity, and I agree that sitting around worrying isn’t productive for the masses, but c’mon, people are suffering - especially the sick and elderly. A little concern wouldn’t go amiss.

Instead, he’s treating Corona as a marketing opportunity and hyping-up the biggest show on Earth.

11 days ago
1/1/01

Also if they expect to continue to his behind the a doubles paywall they better start prompt the eventually because it's haven't seen one commercial-real-estate for the event.