UnderGround Forums Death penalty sought in murder of Aniah Blanchard

22 hours ago
12/3/08

Walt Harris's stepdaughter Aniah Blanchard was reported missing in Auburn, Alabama on October 23; based on forensic evidence, police believed there had been foul play. A week later, a suspect in the case, Ibraheem Yazeed, 29, was captured in Florida. On November 25, Aniah Blanchard's remains were found in Shorter, Alabama.

Yazeed has a long criminal history dating back to 2011 that includes multiple counts of attempted murder, robbery, aggravated assault, possession of crack cocaine, battery of a police officer, possessing a pistol without a permit, and kidnapping. He now faces the death penalty.

“There was an autopsy done. The medical examiner ruled that Aniah Blanchard was killed in the manner of homicide. The cause of death was a gunshot wound,” said Lee County District Attorney Brandon Hughes in a press conference, as reported by Brian Lyman for the Montgomery Advertiser.  “The process of seeing justice done for Aniah and her family will not be swift, but I can promise it will be thorough."

“This case has absolutely shaken our community to its core. It is my intention that the response to this horrific crime be a warning to anyone, anyone who believes they want to come to Lee County and engage in violent criminal behavior. They will certainly be dealt with, and the consequences will be severe.”

Two other men, Antwain “Squirmy” Fisher, 35, and David Lee Johnson Jr., 63 have been arrested in connection with the murder, but are not believed to be directly involved.

Yazeed was “the lone person responsible in this case for abducting Aniah Blanchard," sadi Hughes. "He is the lone person responsible for Aniah’s murder.”

22 hours ago
5/11/05

Enter Matt Serra 

22 hours ago
11/8/19

The best case of justice was that martial artist who got stabbed and fucked in his wounds.

21 hours ago
3/2/11

good, televise it

20 hours ago
12/22/17

Put him in the cage with Walt. 

19 hours ago
10/22/14

Gooood, I'd be happy for the sentence for every single intentional homicide to be the death penalty. I think it'd be hard to argue this piece of shit doesn't deserve it.

19 hours ago
1/13/11
Raging -

The best case of justice was that martial artist who got stabbed and fucked in his wounds.

Say what

17 hours ago
3/20/15

The thing that sickens me most about this whole story, and it's been said before, is after reading his rap sheet, why was he out on the streets and not locked up?

I see two guilty parties in this case: the POS who did it, and whoever allowed him to roam free.

17 hours ago
7/24/16

Fuck the death penalty. He should be put in a facility where there are little to no black pieces of shit and lots of Aryan Brotherhood pieces of shit. With guards that don't minding looking the other way. Let him live to 80 being tortured by evil people just like him and be in fear of everything 24/7. 

17 hours ago
11/20/08
SuperGuerrer -

The thing that sickens me most about this whole story, and it's been said before, is after reading his rap sheet, why was he out on the streets and not locked up?

I see two guilty parties in this case: the POS who did it, and whoever allowed him to roam free.

This is true, by his previous crimes he should already be put down

16 hours ago
2/24/11
GoffRAMSmahome'sgutsOUT -

Fuck the death penalty. He should be put in a facility where there are little to no black pieces of shit and lots of Aryan Brotherhood pieces of shit. With guards that don't minding looking the other way. Let him live to 80 being tortured by evil people just like him and be in fear of everything 24/7. 

But why would the Aryan pieces of shit get to live their fantasies? Sounds like heaven to them. 

Put the whole lot of them in solitary. 

15 hours ago
11/8/19
Flexo -
Raging -

Say what

Yeah some pedo in Brazil I think. Got stabbed and raped in prison. Stabbed like 20 times and had a train ran on him. 

15 hours ago
11/8/19

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/WTF/comments/23vedm/ju_jitsu_fighter_raped_stabbed_20_times_in_prison/

14 hours ago
1/5/11
SuperGuerrer -

This is the crazy new norm. It's unbelievable.

I know how politically crazy things are right now, but if you vote Democrat, realize that the future is progressively aimed at allowing this type of criminal out. Look at where the laws are going in the Democrat haven of NYC. Cant have a gun to protect yourself from the accused murderer that is on streets awaiting trial.

You don't like it, then don't ever consider voting Dem.

Feel so bad for Walt and his family. It's just heartbreaking. Yes this guy should get strung up. Should have alrady happened.

14 hours ago
2/29/16

What was his motive?

14 hours ago
1/1/01
Mandible_Claw -

What was his motive?

Just a guess but I would think rape

13 hours ago
3/17/14
choadler -
SuperGuerrer -

I know how politically crazy things are right now, but if you vote Democrat, realize that the future is progressively aimed at allowing this type of criminal out. Look at where the laws are going in the Democrat haven of NYC. Cant have a gun to protect yourself from the accused murderer that is on streets awaiting trial.

Feel so bad for Walt and his family. It's just heartbreaking. Yes this guy should get strung up. Should have alrady happened.

dont bring politics into this. youre a fucking moron. 

13 hours ago
1/1/01
knappster - 
choadler -
SuperGuerrer -

What's wrong with trying to convince people to vote in a way that the poster believes will stop something like this from happening again?
13 hours ago
3/17/14
FatBuddha -
knappster - 
choadler -
SuperGuerrer -

What's wrong with trying to convince people to vote in a way that the poster believes will stop something like this from happening again?

because regardless of someones idiotic policial views, there will always be insane people in the public causing harm.

lets see him go tell Walt if he wasnt a dem his daughter would still be alive... which is false regardless.

if anything, its the opposite. 

12 hours ago
1/5/11

Fact is, people on this very thread commented about why this guy was out of jail. Is that not a question we should be asking? Is this whole thing ok? No, no it's not.

If is was speaking to the father, I wouldn't bring up politics. But here, on an open forum? Fuck yes I'll bring it up.

This fucking scumbag should not be walking the streets. The trend is that many more, just like this guy, will hit the streets if violent offenders aren't addressed. I can see it playing out this way many times over.

So back at you, dude. You are a fucking moron. Take a look at the big picture, you will agree with me. A liberal stance on crime won't keep this country safe.

There should be some blame not just on the fucking scumbag, but also on the liberal Fucking judges that continually release high level criminals.

Edited: 12 hours ago
1/1/01
knappster - 
FatBuddha -
knappster - 
choadler -
SuperGuerrer -

because regardless of someones idiotic policial views, there will always be insane people in the public causing harm.

lets see him go tell Walt if he wasnt a dem his daughter would still be alive... which is false regardless.

if anything, its the opposite. 

Surely you're not arguing that differences in criminal justice policy has no effect in making society more or less safe? I think the issue is how we respond to "insane people out in public doing harm" the first time they're brought into the system.
12 hours ago
2/29/16
Russ -
Mandible_Claw -

What was his motive?

Just a guess but I would think rape

They haven't said anything about that yet, have they?

Anything about a robbery? Her items stolen?

12 hours ago
1/5/11

Politics are very much part of the big picture. If you do not realize that there is a link between the left and shorter prison sentences (if prison at all), then you are the fucking moron here.

There are a lot of animals in our system that need to be put down. I'd be all for gassing 1 max security prison in each state. See if that helps things. It would, and no one would maybe as those people. It's a reasonable thought.

Lot of bad people walking around. That, right there, is the work of liberal politics. Walt's family should not have to go through this.

12 hours ago
2/24/11

And just like that you made it all about your own political views. Stop it now. 

9 hours ago
4/14/12
choadler -
SuperGuerrer -

Jesus