OtherGround Forums DiMaggio punched Billy Crystal

25 days ago
4/17/06

Just reading a Mickey Mantle biography and just read this story.

Mickey Mantle day after his retirement and Crystal introduced DiMaggio but failed to describe his as 'the greatest living ballplayer'.

Later that day, DiMaggio sucker punched him in the gut for it.

What a douche! 

24 days ago
12/20/15

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x15sff4

24 days ago
8/14/12

What a pos 

24 days ago
7/31/09

Good to know he was a giant piece of shit. 

24 days ago
12/10/09

I’ve always viewed him as a guy needing a good punch, I won’t quibble with Joe’s reasoning.  

24 days ago
1/1/01

Its not fun........its not funny

24 days ago
1/1/01
Then DiMaggio was like: "That is such a punchable face..."
24 days ago
1/1/01

Sounds like Joe D. was an ego maniac. I don't know much about him. He was a really good hitter and he banged Marilyn Monroe. 

24 days ago
4/25/11
BJTT-Frank Rizzo -

Sounds like Joe D. was an ego maniac. I don't know much about him. He was a really good hitter and he banged Marilyn Monroe. 

More and more, banging Marilyn Monroe is like banging Kim Kardashian. Yeah she is hot, but has been ran through by everyone with a pair of balls. Kinda makes it gross. 

24 days ago
9/24/12
cantuna4u -
BJTT-Frank Rizzo -

More and more, banging Marilyn Monroe is like banging Kim Kardashian. Yeah she is hot, but has been ran through by everyone with a pair of balls. Kinda makes it gross. 

Why? Because she likes dick and has a load of sexual partners. How insecure are you? I'd sooner fuck a woman with loads of experience than a Virgin.

24 days ago
7/27/04
donnybrook -

Its not fun........its not funny

24 days ago
1/1/01
Johnzandt - 
cantuna4u -
BJTT-Frank Rizzo -

Why? Because she likes dick and has a load of sexual partners. How insecure are you? I'd sooner fuck a woman with loads of experience than a Virgin.

You're just like your father.

23 days ago
4/25/11
samichlaus -
Johnzandt - 
cantuna4u -
BJTT-Frank Rizzo -

You're just like your father.

And his father before him!

23 days ago
2/23/05
To be fair he always hit screwballs
23 days ago
6/28/10
Johnzandt -
cantuna4u -
BJTT-Frank Rizzo -

what? So 2 girls standing there, one fucked 30 guys and one is virgin. You are picking the one that fucked 30 dudes..for experience? lmfao.

23 days ago
3/2/11
BrckNoHitBk -
Johnzandt -
cantuna4u -
BJTT-Frank Rizzo -

what? So 2 girls standing there, one fucked 30 guys and one is virgin. You are picking the one that fucked 30 dudes..for experience? lmfao.

I believe he thinks they feel like bags of sand too...

23 days ago
1/30/03
BrckNoHitBk -
Johnzandt -
cantuna4u -
BJTT-Frank Rizzo -

I am

22 days ago
3/14/02
BrckNoHitBk -
Johnzandt -
cantuna4u -
BJTT-Frank Rizzo -

Me too. Wanting virgins is for insecure baby dicks.

22 days ago
1/1/01

Bill forgot......

....THAT ONE THING!

22 days ago
11/19/06

Mick was from around my area.. I’ll just put it this way. He was no angel himself.

22 days ago
1/1/01

everyone know Joe DiMaggio was the biggest dick ever. He went to the same deli in San Mateo for almost 20 years to get sandwiches. The owner asked for his autograph one day, Joe signed it but never returned

I get it that he was in high demand but once you pissed him off it was over

One time Monroe bitched at him about not understand what it was like to have thousands of people watching you and wanting something from you. Joe just stood there and shook his head

22 days ago
3/11/13
Johnzandt -
cantuna4u -
BJTT-Frank Rizzo -

maybe find a middle gorund between virgin and whore? 

Edited: 22 days ago
3/2/11

I remember an interview with Berra or who covered the Yankees and spent time with him and siad he was pretty dumb.

When the Simon and Garfunkle song Mrs. Robinson came out with the line "Where have you gone Joe Dimaggio?" he apparently did not get that it was a analogy for losing innocence and hero worship at a time where the country lacked heroes and apparently multiple people tried to explain it to him and he would just say "But I don't get it, I'm here, right here".

22 days ago
4/17/06
Throwin’Knuckles -

Mick was from around my area.. I’ll just put it this way. He was no angel himself.

He was abused as a kid hence his drinking and womanizing. Was a great teammate, generous, extremely humble. DiMaggio caused Mick's career long nagging knee injury in his rookie year.

22 days ago
4/17/06
ChaosOverkill -

I remember an interview with Berra or who covered the Yankees and spent time with him and siad he was pretty dumb.

When the Simon and Garfunkle song Mrs. Robinson came out with the line "Where have you gone Joe Dimaggio?" he apparently did not get that it was a analogy for losing innocence and hero worship at a time where the country lacked heroes and apparently multiple people tried to explain it to him and he would just say "But I don't get it, I'm here, right here".

Never heard that before, but interesting coincidence since Mantle appeared in Simon's video for Me and Julio Down in the Schoolyard.