UnderGround Forums Did Andrada Tap? (Video)

8 days ago
5/15/15

No. Shes just flinching.

In any case, the ref didnt see it and fight carried on so it's pretty irrelevant now.. 

Fights have been ended before from things like this and the fighters always protest. She would commit way more or verbally tap in that situation..

Edited: 8 days ago
3/12/14

No tap... The uploader made the video to look like she tapped, but nothing like that.

And it was not on a kimura (second) throw, it was on a throw in first round

Andrade was just checking a grip. Good video of what realy happened here:

https://streamable.com/zi688

8 days ago
12/17/10

Looks like rose leg breaks the grip and Andrade is reaching to re grip.  Not a tap

8 days ago
3/25/16

It looks like she was trying to see if she could reach Rose's arm to grab it with her right hand, but only her fingers were able to reach it.

8 days ago
6/27/18
Fake news.
8 days ago
6/22/03
No one stops fighting in order to tap on their opponent for no reason. That was a tap.
8 days ago
1/1/01

Para acabar de vez com a polêmica!!! Sobre o vídeo de whatsapp que está circulando com a impressão que Jessica teria batido... Com a palavra e a explicação, a própria @jessicammapro pic.twitter.com/JIaYASJ9VN

— Ana Hissa (@AnaHissa) May 15, 2019
8 days ago
1/30/16
Kirik -

Para acabar de vez com a polêmica!!! Sobre o vídeo de whatsapp que está circulando com a impressão que Jessica teria batido... Com a palavra e a explicação, a própria @jessicammapro pic.twitter.com/JIaYASJ9VN

— Ana Hissa (@AnaHissa) May 15, 2019

Que?

8 days ago
12/30/03
Lazarus - No one stops fighting in order to tap on their opponent for no reason. That was a tap.

What was she tapping to? The threat that the kimura grip was too deadly? She wasn't even getting it cranked on at the time

8 days ago
11/20/08

That sure as shit LOOKED like a clear tap, you guys saying she tried to re grip or whatever are high, never seen a regrip attempt like that ever.

Now do I think it was a tap? no it didn't look like there was a reason for it, but if any ref saw that it's a tap and fight is stopped. Only Andrade knows what that was, funky twitch, muscle spasm whatever but if that was an attempt to grip anything it's the worst I've ever seen in MMA/BJJ at even white belt level

8 days ago
1/1/01

100% a tap.  Saying otherwise is being very disengenious.

However as others have said, it was a Brazillian tap.  Age old trick to get the opponent to let go while hiding the tap from the ref.

8 days ago
6/22/03
WrestlingSucks - 
Lazarus - No one stops fighting in order to tap on their opponent for no reason. That was a tap.

What was she tapping to? The threat that the kimura grip was too deadly? She wasn't even getting it cranked on at the time

I don't know why she was tapping. But it wasn't a series of punches.
8 days ago
12/28/04

well.. Here's my opinion. I don't see the "tap" as a way out issue. Her shoulder was never in any danger at the point she shows to apperently be tapping. Alot of us on here are trained in bjj to different degrees but personally I see nothing that even remotly would cause pain to the point of tapping. The position of pain just isn't there.

8 days ago
3/25/02

It’s a really well used fake tap. It makes no sense and is done at an angle that the ref couldn’t see. It’s instinct to let up a bit when you feel the tap. There is no other cogent explanation. 

7 days ago
7/22/15

Looks to as though she was just letting Rose know to hang on tight your getting ready to get slammed head first.

7 days ago
5/29/05
Reminds me of another fight where I said the same thing afterwards.

Blue namer or just someone who actually has an UG app that works please help me out.

https://youtu.be/x-OKngel4eI
7 days ago
7/14/11
Elias Cepeda -

My primary thoughts are 1. There was nothing to tap to 2. I don’t know who “Andrada” is.

you don’t know who Andrada is?

About the Andrada

Andrada has served as a writer and editor covering mixed martial arts and combat sports, as well as public and cultural affairs, since 2005. She began as a staff writer for InsideFighting, and not long thereafter became publisher and editor of the page. Andrada then went to write for Yahoo! Sports’ boxing and MMA pages, and edited their Cagewriter blog. She was hired away by FOX Sports, but after several years departed over philosophical differences with the executive leadership around important issues of journalism ethics. A student of and sometime competitor in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and MMA since 1999, Andrada brings a unique and vibrant presence to reporting, and enjoys trying to highlight shared humanity and connect common experiences from seemingly different worlds.

7 days ago
1/1/01

Well, ishe is not tapping out since she is obviously in no danger at all. As for the obvious tapping movement, any of the theories could be correct. Maybe it is just one of those odd things you find yourself doing, in this grappling match once I had this judo guy's back and we kinda scrambled and I landed on my back while hand-fighting and stuff. Tensed up and all, my palm landed on his chest with the impact and bounced off and for some reason I put it back down and lifted it again. The most textbook tap you'll ever see and the ref was puzzled and asked me "are you tapping.......?" to which I yelled "NOOOOO!!" of course. 

Who knows what Andrade or her instincts were doing in that moment, grab, move, check, whatever. Just one of those weird things that happen.

7 days ago
11/20/09
WrestlingSucks - 

Bingo

Pause the video and look at Andrade's arm position.  No where near any torque or pressure.  

It's like a fighter having one arm on someone's neck but the chin is tucked, and the opponent trying to choke doesn't even have their hooks in.  There's no danger at this point in time and more needs to be done before there is danger.

As someone posted on page 1 look at this video angle of it

6 days ago
5/29/05
Sean McCorkle - Reminds me of another fight where I said the same thing afterwards.

Blue namer or just someone who actually has an UG app that works please help me out.

Thanks for ignoring my request a holes
6 days ago
1/24/14
Sean McCorkle -
Sean McCorkle - Reminds me of another fight where I said the same thing afterwards.

Thanks for ignoring my request a holes

Lol! Here you go:

6 days ago
7/14/11

Big Sexy was robbed and Struve knows it god dammit

6 days ago
5/30/15
D241 -
WrestlingSucks - 

Bingo

Pause the video and look at Andrade's arm position.  No where near any torque or pressure.  

It's like a fighter having one arm on someone's neck but the chin is tucked, and the opponent trying to choke doesn't even have their hooks in.  There's no danger at this point in time and more needs to be done before there is danger.

As someone posted on page 1 look at this video angle of it

I think she was checking to see if Rose was still hanging onto the kimora and then knew it was good to take her down that way on her head. 

6 days ago
1/1/01

Andrado, imo.

6 days ago
3/20/12
Soup and Beer - 

100% a tap.  Saying otherwise is being very disengenious.

However as others have said, it was a Brazillian tap.  Age old trick to get the opponent to let go while hiding the tap from the ref.

boom