UnderGround Forums Did IAQUINTA show the blueprint to deal w Khabib?

18 days ago
6/6/04
Al Iaquinta had the best showing against Khabib than most as I recall.

Need to rewathc the fight but didnt Al keep it standing for the most part and use his wrestling to avoid takedowns for the most part?

Need to rewatch that matchup , and seems as though Ragin Al got the fight on short notice too.
Edited: 18 days ago
5/6/16
50-43 -50-43 -50-44
18 days ago
6/26/06
First round of the Conor fight is the blueprint.
18 days ago
8/3/11

Yeah shell up in a fear of takedown and lose every round on the feet. Some blueprint!

18 days ago
2/17/03
Al was a game short notice challenger.

He also lost every round.

Not a blue print.
18 days ago
1/1/01
RenatoCocopreta - First round of the Conor fight is the blueprint.

I don't think most fighters will be allowed to cheat that many times in one round without being penalized.

18 days ago
2/17/03
Floppy Divac - 

I don't think most fighters will be allowed to cheat that many times in one round without being penalized.

Agreed.

To me, the best blueprint that exists are the four fights in which Jose Aldo fought genuinely great wrestlers: the Frankie and Mendes fights.
18 days ago
8/15/15

I wouldn’t say showed a blue print, but for sure showed Khabib isn’t some unstoppable force people make him out to be. Khabib actually looked terrible and didn’t even finish a sloppy Iaquinta. Completely beatable and Dustin will prove it this weekend. 

3/20/12

get your face jabbed to a living death?

interesting

It was a jab clinic...saw a compilation video and it was brutal...lot of damage was layed out by the lead hand of Khabib

18 days ago
9/19/13

His blueprint was to wait and counterstrike. It worked until Khabib started to grapple.

18 days ago
8/19/13

Conor had a far better performance despite being finished. Won round 3 on all judges cards.

18 days ago
7/19/13

Follow the Masvidal blueprint, and watch Khabib’s dad instruct the other guys on how to avoid a knee or uppercut enough times to where you know exactly where his head is going to be at. That’s his best bet.. predict based on the instruction his father is giving everyone else, and also the habits you see on tape watching his fights.. 

18 days ago
8/6/06

Considering he lost every round, and lost a extreamly lopsided decision, I'm gonna say no. He maybe showed the blueprint on how to survive.

18 days ago
8/20/03

As much as I liked Khabib to win this fight, I was disappointed he couldn't put Ragin' Al away.

This fight definately made Khabib look human imo.

18 days ago
4/17/17
Al was so concerned about the takedown, he lost the standup. Clearly the way to beat Khabib.

I would like to see Khabib fight someone who wouldnt care about takedown attempts either because of their own wrestling or their jiu jitsu. So guys like Colby, Gaethje, GSP, Ferguson... Kevin Lee and Ortega were calling Khabib out for that exact reason although I think both would lose.
18 days ago
4/13/15

I truly believe Gaethje is the biggest threat to Khabib, although that doesn’t mean I think he would win.  I’d be very hesitant to put money on either guy there 

18 days ago
12/9/09

Al's performance was way overblown due to low expectations. All he did was not get finished.

When he stopped takedowns he got owned on the feet. Constantly hit with stiff shots to the face while landing basically nothing.

18 days ago
10/26/05

Best showing? He got embarrassed. He lost every minute of every round. Some blueprint 

8/15/15
andrewwarner -

Al's performance was way overblown due to low expectations. All he did was not get finished.

When he stopped takedowns he got owned on the feet. Constantly hit with stiff shots to the face while landing basically nothing.

For Khabib not to finish him just shows Khabib is way beatable. There’s no reason he shouldn’t have finished a shitty looking Iaquinta. Khabib is so overrated. More than the fight this Saturday, I’m looking forward to the excuses all the Khabib shills will come up with when Dustin hands him his first L. The excuses will almost be better than the fight. 

18 days ago
8/6/06
chupecabre -

Best showing? He got embarrassed. He lost every minute of every round. Some blueprint 

I'm honestly not a fan of his, but Conor is the only guy to ever win a round off Khabib.

18 days ago
8/3/19
Floppy Divac -

He never cheated in the first round.

18 days ago
8/19/13
ABCTT_HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe -
chupecabre -

I'm honestly not a fan of his, but Conor is the only guy to ever win a round off Khabib.

Let's not forget about tibau

18 days ago
8/3/11
BathtubwiththeBoiz -
Floppy Divac -

He never cheated in the first round.

Sure thing!

18 days ago
2/28/14

lmao wtf is someone so dumb they think you can't grab your opponent's wrist in an MMA fight?

18 days ago
7/19/13
Gennady Goblin -

lmao wtf is someone so dumb they think you can't grab your opponent's wrist in an MMA fight?

He didn’t grab the wrist, he was grabbing inside the glove which is a foul. He was also clearly grabbing the fence every chance he got, which is a foul. He was sticking his finger in Khabib’s ass, which is a dirty trick, a foul.. if you ain’t cheating you aint trying, but if the ref doesn’t call it, then what the fuck is he there for?