UnderGround Forums Did Silva vs Adesanya fight suck?

11 days ago
8/3/11

What do you think guys? I feel it didn't live up to the expectations but on the other hand I haven't been expecting much from Andy for the last five years or so.

11 days ago
1/11/10

It wasn’t the best. Expected much more from Adesanya 

11 days ago
6/4/14

They had too much respect for each other but can’t say I wasn’t entertained. It was more competitive than Jones vs Smith will be.

11 days ago
4/11/10
Kanye loves fishdicks -

This

11 days ago
2/8/12

Take the PPV price away and it was an AMAZING FIGHT.   If you didn’t appreciate that match I don’t know what else you could have asked for.  Any of these se punches could have flatlined someone and had it ended in a KO it would be fight of the year.  Something about a decision always gets folks barking.

11 days ago
8/6/06

I liked it.

11 days ago
6/5/14

It made me sad, it was obvious Silva was so much older. He was slower and was losing his balance almost every time he did his usual trademark Anderson only movements. He was a shadow of his former self. He fought like a warrior but it made me sad to see him like that 

11 days ago
11/9/17
Kanye loves fishdicks -

Agreed, the young talker showed he's nowhere near as good as he thinks he is. 

11 days ago
8/6/06

No doubt, prime Anderson would have fucked Adesanya up bad.

11 days ago
1/1/01
I liked it. Look at how Silva still was able to duck the kicks, roll with the punches and put up a great display of defensive skills against one of the up and coming strikers in the UFC.

There was more hesitation in his offensive than 10 years ago and I noticed more tension in his shoulders and arms so he wasn´t as fluid as in his prime but hey he is 43 got his shin broken and has nothing to prove. I would say good performance from Silva and still one of the best defense skills in the sport even with 43
11 days ago
7/22/11

Envoyed watching 2 matadors at work. They also went for it a couple of times but each was unable to get the ko /tko.

Im 42 soon and Anderson sure as hell is an inspiration for me to keep going a few more years in the knockdown circuit. Do what you love

11 days ago
1/12/05
It looked like a coach sparring against his fighter.
11 days ago
7/2/12

It was like watching a real life mortal combat fight.

No it wasn't a slugfest but it was a great show of their knowledge in striking. 

11 days ago
8/19/13

It was a really really fun fight. I almost wanted to rewind the first round immediately and watch it again before the fight was even over

11 days ago
8/18/14
Bobby Lupo - It looked like a coach sparring against his fighter.

11 days ago
7/12/16

I agree with all of y'all. I thought it was a great fight, but can definitely see age catching up with Silva and Israel isn't as impressive as he was talked up to be.

11 days ago
5/8/10

It’s what I was expecting 

11 days ago
1/14/12

If you remember when Pat Barry fought CroCop it was a bit like that both guys had moments in their fights when they were just caught up in the moment.

It was a good fight I just was curious if Anderson would try to grapple and use his BJJ.

11 days ago
11/28/03

=if ando wanted to win, shooulda taken him down

11 days ago
4/19/17

Terrible fight, looked like a karate point match.

Edited: 11 days ago
10/26/05

Was better than I thought. I also don't think Israel is nearly what everyone was thinking before this fight. Kelvin, Whitaker, Rockhold, Romero, Weidman, and probably Retired Bisping, would tool this kid. He has work to do. 

11 days ago
10/1/16
Second round was great and I gave it to Silva. Third round was disappointing because Anderson wasn't engaging much and just gave that round away, ensuring victory for Izzy.

Decent fight though.
11 days ago
10/30/14

Reminded me of Yoda vs the Emperor. 

Champion level flashy shit, still unclear who is better. 

11 days ago
4/2/11

I was on the edge of my seat the entire fight. 

11 days ago
3/11/09
RobGMAA -

It made me sad, it was obvious Silva was so much older. He was slower and was losing his balance almost every time he did his usual trademark Anderson only movements. He was a shadow of his former self. He fought like a warrior but it made me sad to see him like that 

You're acting as if he looked like recent Chuck Liddell out there. He put up a hell of a fight and sure didn't look 43 years old.