UnderGround Forums Do any guests get paid to be on jre?

5/20/19 11:44 AM
1/7/09
moogin83 -

I understand the platform thing but 100% have always assumed they get paid... I just dont see some of these guests taking 3 hours out of their day for no financial reward. 

Why do you think there is no financial reward?

5/20/19 11:53 AM
6/27/05
OlympicSizeSwimmingPool -
sanguine cynic - Why would they be paid?

It's the best free advertising they could get.

Do you really think people like Elon Musk and Jay Leno need “free advertising”. 

Do you think that they need Joe’s money...?

5/20/19 12:27 PM
2/29/16
knappster -

Joe Rogan gets paid by youtube for each guest they put on. some of his videos get millions of views. thats a lot of $$$.  so whether he pays them or not. HE is getting paid. 

For a video with 4 or more ads, between 1 and 5 million views, he collects $1200 USD. Before tax.

5/20/19 1:10 PM
7/27/13
VoodooChicken -

Always wondered about this. At the very least Joe must provide first class airfare and hotel accommodations? 

Anyone know about this?

Lol @ being paid to promote whatever you want for 3 hours for 10+ million people. 

5/20/19 1:19 PM
2/24/11

People would pay good money to be on his show.

I honestly think he doesn't because he always say we should do this again when you are in town. He plays it casual. If you here just pop in. Nothing wrong with that.

I have also heard him offer plane tickets for people he wants in or want to stay longer on the show (that happened on the last few months )

5/20/19 1:22 PM
2/24/11
TzTinkle - I think Joe has mentioned flying people out

Wasn't it because the guy had to go soon (like an hour in) so Joe said if you stay longer we'll cover it?

5/20/19 1:22 PM
6/5/12
Mandible_Claw -
knappster -

Joe Rogan gets paid by youtube for each guest they put on. some of his videos get millions of views. thats a lot of $$$.  so whether he pays them or not. HE is getting paid. 

For a video with 4 or more ads, between 1 and 5 million views, he collects $1200 USD. Before tax.

its a lot more than that.

google pays me that much for my videos and they only get 50-100K views mostly, max of 1 hour with only the ads up front. 

if you tweak it to put in more ads (and that is most definitely jre channel doing that, youtube ad defaults are only ads up front - he's adding them in to make more money off y'all, I don't do that shit) and they get views in the millions I would expect him to be making 5x that if not more over a few days on a new upload.

youtube money would not be a significant source of revenue though. He's getting paid by sponsors big time, which is also why the shit is fundamentally corrupt. Can't talk about stuff your sponsors don't want you to, they're the ones payin ya!

listen to no agenda sometime. 

5/20/19 1:40 PM
12/15/07

More than they need a paid gig, yes.

5/20/19 2:02 PM
1/1/01
I think he kick starts more careers for his guests after the show vs paying them day of show.

A lot of press opportunities are free.

What about shows like 60 minutes? I always wondered if and how much A listers get paid to do an interview.

For day-time talk shows, don't the guests just get gift bags?
5/20/19 9:23 PM
11/21/15

I wouldn't be surprised if he has paid guests to be on his show.  Not huge sums of money, but $5,000 or $10,000 as an "appearance fee" wouldn't be surprising.  The same as a guest gets paid to be on the tonight show or jimmy kimmel.  With the money that Joe is making on his podcast a $10,000 appearance fee is a drop in the bucket.

5/20/19 9:32 PM
6/5/12

there is obviously a lot of cheddar coming in. Have you seen any of the backstage videos? I think one of the mma guys did one recently on his youtube thing.

they're leasing a lot of space off the back of that podcast. indoor archery range, gym, garage etc. it's not just a studio room. the place is all stunk up with cash. 

5/20/19 9:34 PM
8/6/06
JoseyWales -

I don't believe so, they just go on when in LA

He flys guests in too.

5/20/19 9:41 PM
7/24/12

Rogan is making millions off his podcast while paying jack shit to his guests. He just has the strong pimp hand to mentally control his guests who grovel at his feet for letting them appear on his podcast.

Say what you will about free publicity and exposure, it's a total slimeball move to not pay anyone because of the "exposure" they'll get. 

I remember 2 separate occassions where the podcast was running long and the guests said they needed to catch a flight. Steven Crowder and Sargon of Akkad. They both mentioned that they had to catch their flight. After a few minutes Rogan gave in and said ahh don't worry we'll take care of it. Meaning obviously that they had paid for their own airfare.

Slimeball shit fellas. I used to be the biggest Rogan fan ever. Not anymore.

Edited: 5/20/19 9:58 PM
8/6/06
I'mNotSurprisedMotherf**kers -

Rogan is making millions off his podcast while paying jack shit to his guests. He just has the strong pimp hand to mentally control his guests who grovel at his feet for letting them appear on his podcast.

Say what you will about free publicity and exposure, it's a total slimeball move to not pay anyone because of the "exposure" they'll get. 

I remember 2 separate occassions where the podcast was running long and the guests said they needed to catch a flight. Steven Crowder and Sargon of Akkad. They both mentioned that they had to catch their flight. After a few minutes Rogan gave in and said ahh don't worry we'll take care of it. Meaning obviously that they had paid for their own airfare.

What podcast pays their guests? Why the fuck would Joe pay guests? Jay Leno didn't pay guests, David Letterman didn't pay guests, Ellen doesn't pay guests, but Joe Rogan should? He has flown guests in.

5/20/19 11:45 PM
11/24/13
"Free exposure" is part of bar band 101. You want to use me to create content you'll make money on? Better pay me a cut.
5/21/19 12:35 AM
3/6/07

Keeping your name out there on the biggest podcast in the world is worth it. 

Joe is famous and asked them to come on. 

Its cool to do. 

You promote anything you want. 

5/21/19 1:30 AM
2/5/13

They 100% do not get paid anything.  The vast majority do not get flights or accommodations - they are either local, happen to be in LA and stop by or are on a promotional tour paid for by the thing they’re promoting.  

In some rare cases for higher profile guests he really wants JRE will pay for the trip (flight/hotel/meals) but that is the exception...but even these people don’t get paid as they are still promoting something even if it’s not obvious.  

5/21/19 10:01 AM
4/18/08
JohnJamesUrgayle -

They 100% do not get paid anything.  The vast majority do not get flights or accommodations - they are either local, happen to be in LA and stop by or are on a promotional tour paid for by the thing they’re promoting.  

In some rare cases for higher profile guests he really wants JRE will pay for the trip (flight/hotel/meals) but that is the exception...but even these people don’t get paid as they are still promoting something even if it’s not obvious.  

This.

i feel like a lot of people don’t grasp the reach of the joe rogan experience and how much it helps the guest.  I’m sure he’s turning down requests and offers of money all the time from people who want to be on there.

as far as him putting more ads on his videos, i can’t say it really affects me because i listen on a podcast player, but ads aren’t the worst thing in the world and they’re skippable.  Would people rather watch no show at all rather than be inconvenienced by ads? How much money did they put into the production, to be able to demand an ad free experience on their free content?

5/21/19 9:32 PM
12/5/15

Prob similar to actors or whatever promoting a movie or event. They go do a bunch of radio shows, good morning america, late shows, etc in a week to plug something and get name out there, but prob harder to get on his show.

5/22/19 3:50 AM
9/8/13

It's a free commercial and exposure for the guest that millions of people are going to see. It's a chance to use his platform and promote or talk about whatever you want instead of you buying ad space. Nobody gets paid being a guest on a podcast or similar shows. I dont think you have to worry about Joe having you on and you not getting paid.

5/22/19 7:43 AM
11/12/07

they're not paid but travel/accomadations are picked up depending on situation. 

5/22/19 12:55 PM
7/24/12
Stardog Champion -

It's a free commercial and exposure for the guest that millions of people are going to see. It's a chance to use his platform and promote or talk about whatever you want instead of you buying ad space. Nobody gets paid being a guest on a podcast or similar shows. I dont think you have to worry about Joe having you on and you not getting paid.

That's completely retarded. I'm not a public figure nor would I ever want to be. I don't even have a fucking facebook. I would never want to be on a podcast or any other mass medium for that matter, so don't project your gay little fantasies onto me.

The fact is, there are podcasts who pay their guests. I have specifically heard of comedians who are way lower on the totem pole compared to Rogan who do in fact pay their guests. It might not be much because they're not the corporate powerhouse shill that is Rogan but it's something. 

That's what a person with even a trace amount of integrity does. 

5/22/19 5:39 PM
11/18/09

Hasn’t joe addressed this and said they paid a few guests in the beginning, but haven’t for a long time?

And I can’t remember if Rogan said it or someone else, but apparently Ari pays all guests 100$. 

5/22/19 5:45 PM
1/23/06
I bet Joe has lots of swag to give out.
5/22/19 7:41 PM
9/22/11

Lol....joe has more eyes on him than any main stream announcer.....radio or tv.

They should be paying him to be on the show.

If you think joe rogan has to pay anybody to come and talk to him you are tripping balls.