UnderGround Forums Do any guests get paid to be on jre?

5/22/19 10:59 PM
9/8/13
I'mNotSurprisedMotherf**kers -
Stardog Champion -

Rogan is making millions off his podcast while paying jack shit to his guests. He just has the strong pimp hand to mentally control his guests who grovel at his feet for letting them appear on his podcast.

Say what you will about free publicity and exposure, it's a total slimeball move to not pay anyone because of the "exposure" they'll get. 

I remember 2 separate occassions where the podcast was running long and the guests said they needed to catch a flight. Steven Crowder and Sargon of Akkad. They both mentioned that they had to catch their flight. After a few minutes Rogan gave in and said ahh don't worry we'll take care of it. Meaning obviously that they had paid for their own airfare.

Slimeball shit fellas. I used to be the biggest Rogan fan ever. Not anymore.

It's a free commercial and exposure for the guest that millions of people are going to see. It's a chance to use his platform and promote or talk about whatever you want instead of you buying ad space. Nobody gets paid being a guest on a podcast or similar shows. I dont think you have to worry about Joe having you on and you not getting paid.

That's completely retarded. I'm not a public figure nor would I ever want to be. I don't even have a fucking facebook. I would never want to be on a podcast or any other mass medium for that matter, so don't project your gay little fantasies onto me.

The fact is, there are podcasts who pay their guests. I have specifically heard of comedians who are way lower on the totem pole compared to Rogan who do in fact pay their guests. It might not be much because they're not the corporate powerhouse shill that is Rogan but it's something. 

That's what a person with even a trace amount of integrity does. 

Yeah, you're not a public figure/dont have anything to promote. That's the point, most people that go on his show do, and use the platform he built to plug whatever they are doing. Its mutually beneficial. You would never be invited on because nobody gives a fuck what you're doing. 

5/22/19 11:14 PM
1/2/08
Stardog Champion - 
Stardog Champion -

Rogan is making millions off his podcast while paying jack shit to his guests. He just has the strong pimp hand to mentally control his guests who grovel at his feet for letting them appear on his podcast.

Say what you will about free publicity and exposure, it's a total slimeball move to not pay anyone because of the "exposure" they'll get. 

I remember 2 separate occassions where the podcast was running long and the guests said they needed to catch a flight. Steven Crowder and Sargon of Akkad. They both mentioned that they had to catch their flight. After a few minutes Rogan gave in and said ahh don't worry we'll take care of it. Meaning obviously that they had paid for their own airfare.

Slimeball shit fellas. I used to be the biggest Rogan fan ever. Not anymore.

It's a free commercial and exposure for the guest that millions of people are going to see. It's a chance to use his platform and promote or talk about whatever you want instead of you buying ad space. Nobody gets paid being a guest on a podcast or similar shows. I dont think you have to worry about Joe having you on and you not getting paid.

That's completely retarded. I'm not a public figure nor would I ever want to be. I don't even have a fucking facebook. I would never want to be on a podcast or any other mass medium for that matter, so don't project your gay little fantasies onto me.

The fact is, there are podcasts who pay their guests. I have specifically heard of comedians who are way lower on the totem pole compared to Rogan who do in fact pay their guests. It might not be much because they're not the corporate powerhouse shill that is Rogan but it's something. 

That's what a person with even a trace amount of integrity does. 

Yeah, you're not a public figure/dont have anything to promote. That's the point, most people that go on his show do, and use the platform he built to plug whatever they are doing. Its mutually beneficial. You would never be invited on because nobody gives a fuck what you're doing. 

There are people that would give their left nut, nevermind paying for their own airfare and room, to have just 5 minutes on his show to promote their business. I know I would.
And it was mentioned here already that it's likely the more popular celebs do the show when they're already in town doing their own other shit.
5/23/19 12:34 AM
1/23/14
OP weren't you an admin or something at the Rogan Board? What happened?
Edited: 5/28/19 11:45 AM
11/21/15

If anyone still has doubts about him paying his guests should check out his last podcast with Schaub. At an hour and 14 minutes in they talk about having Kevin Lee on their podcasts.  Schaub says "I'll split the cost with you" and Rogan says "nah, don't worry about it".

5/28/19 1:53 PM
9/27/15
cfochs - 

If anyone still has doubts about him paying his guests should check out his last podcast with Schaub. At an hour and 14 minutes in they talk about having Kevin Lee on their podcasts.  Schaub says "I'll split the cost with you" and Rogan says "nah, don't worry about it".

Hmm why would they pay Kevin Lee?! I can understand paying a guy like Khabib or Jones to be on but Lee?! Nah
5/28/19 10:39 PM
9/23/14
cfochs -

Fairly certain they were talking about paying for his flight and hotel.

5/28/19 11:29 PM
10/16/18
cfochs -

They were talking about travel and accommodation