UnderGround Forums EA SPORTS UFC 2 Update Thread

1/5/16 4:00 PM
5/7/08
-"Instead of the classic half-circle rotation to stand up or change position, users are presented the option to hold the joystick in a certain direction to load a bar to achieve a desired move"

Of all the things they could do, this is quite possibly the only thing worse than what they have currently. If that's the ground system, instant no buy. Phone Post 3.0
1/5/16 4:16 PM
5/13/10
Looks good, but I refuse to pre order after the shit show that was ufc ea 1 Phone Post 3.0
1/5/16 4:20 PM
7/7/05
In, I enjoyed the first one but only played pvp against my buddies. Never really messed with the subs. Just beat the snot out of each other. Phone Post 3.0
1/5/16 4:24 PM
7/31/09
itzeastman -

Game looks great. Now i have to decide to get it for PS4 or Xb1.. Hmm....

Both you cheap fuck. Phone Post 3.0
1/5/16 4:31 PM
5/10/11
JOESONDO -
Uli Kunkel - 
MMAismylife - "Revamped Parry" Why not just completely remove this stupid feature? In all the times I've sparred or watched MMA fights I've never seen anyone slap their opponents hand away and spin them half way around off balance like in EA UFC. Its stupid easy to use and over effective. I understand its to help against spammers but with that being said they could just make your stamina drain faster so you cant hook spam. I think they should go UFC 3's route and add feints. I hear constantly on commentary "USE UR FEINTS" well...I would but yeah. The ground system looks alot better but thats not saying much EA UFC 1's was trash. I'll buy it but my expectations are low expecially after the "Revamped parry"
This. I never understood the parry system. It's nonsense. Get rid of it all together. Phone Post 3.0

I especially agree with the stamina point. They initially put in the parry system to counter spammers. Then they revamped the stamina system to encourage spammers. Now all you have is guys spamming strikes and parries.

Just manage the damn stamina system better. If you spam strikes, you should get tired period. None of this blocking takes more stamina than striking crap.

And replace the parry system with the ability to slip and counter.
Maybe even introduce "the Goldie slip-n-rip" special move. Phone Post 3.0
1/5/16 4:34 PM
11/25/10
In 4 defending my ug tournament belt from ea ufc 1 Phone Post 3.0
1/5/16 6:22 PM
12/12/15
I don't understand why CM Punk is on there, we've never seen him fight before. Phone Post 3.0
1/5/16 6:40 PM
10/5/10
5541james - What's the hold up on a release date? I bet it's the last day of spring like last time. Phone Post 3.0
March 15th Phone Post 3.0
1/5/16 7:09 PM
8/19/13
MMAismylife - "Revamped Parry" Why not just completely remove this stupid feature? In all the times I've sparred or watched MMA fights I've never seen anyone slap their opponents hand away and spin them half way around off balance like in EA UFC. Its stupid easy to use and over effective. I understand its to help against spammers but with that being said they could just make your stamina drain faster so you cant hook spam. I think they should go UFC 3's route and add feints. I hear constantly on commentary "USE UR FEINTS" well...I would but yeah. The ground system looks alot better but thats not saying much EA UFC 1's was trash. I'll buy it but my expectations are low expecially after the "Revamped parry"
Robbie was landing almost all of his shots off parries. Phone Post 3.0
1/6/16 2:52 AM
5/14/09
mix headroom - How about no head kicking someone 40 times without KOing them? Biggest reason the last game blew.
You probably just sucked Phone Post 3.0
1/6/16 2:59 AM
5/14/09
Welp, I declare myself champ on xbox. Even you Sony Only guys better go buy an xbox, or I'll know you're just a big chicken.

CUCKA CAW!
CUCKA CAW!
CUCKA CAW! Phone Post 3.0
1/6/16 3:05 AM
10/27/03
'Submission system stays the same'

Very disappointing because that mini game was awful. Phone Post 3.0
1/6/16 3:23 AM
10/11/10
I love the UFC and MMA as much as the next guy but how the fuck could anyone have liked last years game? As a video game it was fucking horrible, career mode is boring they let you hop weight classes but don't let you pick what weight classes won't let you fight for a 2nd belt. The online play is horrifying the act that 90% of people who play simple pick a guy like mcgregor and do nothing but throw 50 straight body kicks and end the fight by playing to the glitch. Way to many fucking glitches in that game and considering EA sports track record I don't expect this one to be any better.
1/6/16 3:31 AM
11/27/12
IronWill -
Robbie was landing almost all of his shots off parries. Phone Post 3.0
Exactly parries are realistic especially for southpaws and meyhodical strikers like Werdum. But in reality they are a small movement before the start of a counter strike Phone Post 3.0
1/6/16 2:07 PM
11/5/10
FingerorMoon - 'Submission system stays the same'

Once I got the gist of it I started to enjoy it more and more Phone Post 3.0
1/6/16 2:19 PM
7/28/15
Cutty McButts - Welp, I declare myself champ on xbox. Even you Sony Only guys better go buy an xbox, or I'll know you're just a big chicken.

CUCKA CAW!
CUCKA CAW!
CUCKA CAW! Phone Post 3.0

Lol vu

1/6/16 2:21 PM
7/28/15
FingerorMoon - 'Submission system stays the same'

The ground game in general sounds worrisome this time around.

"Instead of the classic half-circle rotation to stand up or change position, users are presented the option to hold the joystick in a certain direction to load a bar to achieve a desired move."

"This launches both players into the same submission mini-game as seen on the previous title, so that aspect of the ground game remains unchanged."

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/12/mmajunkie-goes-hands-on-with-ea-ufc-2-a-vastly-improved-gaming-experience

1/6/16 3:33 PM
6/3/14
itzeastman -

Game looks great. Now i have to decide to get it for PS4 or Xb1.. Hmm....

Same here. I can't wait any longer and my xbox 360 is falling apart. Phone Post 3.0
1/7/16 9:09 AM
3/8/13
texas11outlaw - I love the UFC and MMA as much as the next guy but how the fuck could anyone have liked last years game? As a video game it was fucking horrible, career mode is boring they let you hop weight classes but don't let you pick what weight classes won't let you fight for a 2nd belt. The online play is horrifying the act that 90% of people who play simple pick a guy like mcgregor and do nothing but throw 50 straight body kicks and end the fight by playing to the glitch. Way to many fucking glitches in that game and considering EA sports track record I don't expect this one to be any better.
It really depends on who you're playing with.
Single player is shit though... Phone Post 3.0
1/7/16 10:57 AM
9/15/13
Cool. Phone Post 3.0
1/7/16 12:23 PM
7/3/06
What still erks me is the fact that every fighter can do jump kicks off the cage and stuff. We need realistic move sets for each fighter. Not every fighter goes for spinning back fists & superman punches.

1/7/16 1:21 PM
9/26/12
I can't fucking wait.

Having a hard time believing there will be 250 fighters though.... Phone Post 3.0
1/7/16 1:24 PM
7/28/15
Brock Lobster - I can't fucking wait.

Having a hard time believing there will be 250 fighters though.... Phone Post 3.0

Since they don't pay the fighters at all for it it's possible, but I'd bet they're counting multiple weight classes of the same fighter towards that number. BJ Penn alone counts for like 5

1/7/16 1:37 PM
4/15/12
In Phone Post 3.0
1/7/16 6:58 PM
4/17/12
seems decent