UnderGround Forums Fedor doesn't care about being called GOAT

15 days ago
8/3/11

The famous Russian MMA fighter Fedor Emelianenko, who performs at Bellator, spoke about how he feels about what many call him the greatest athlete in the history of mixed martial arts.

“I have nothing to do with this, and it seems to me that I should not have anything to do with it. All my life I tried to fight and win, performing both in MMA and in combat sambo. Why bother with this - the greatest or not? Everyone contributes to the protection of the country's honor and the development of sports.

Now we have Vadim (Nemkov, Bellator light heavyweight champion. -  "Championship") moving well, the other guys walk without defeat. I am happy for them, for me it is a great joy.

Regardless of the title, I always went into battle as prepared as possible. But these GOAT arguments, as they say, are empty fables, " R-Sport quotes Emelianenko.

15 days ago
8/3/11

15 days ago
8/3/11

15 days ago
1/1/01
touch -

The famous Russian MMA fighter Fedor Emelianenko, who performs at Bellator, spoke about how he feels about what many call him the greatest athlete in the history of mixed martial arts.

“I have nothing to do with this, and it seems to me that I should not have anything to do with it. All my life I tried to fight and win, performing both in MMA and in combat sambo. Why bother with this - the greatest or not? Everyone contributes to the protection of the country's honor and the development of sports.

Now we have Vadim (Nemkov, Bellator light heavyweight champion. -  "Championship") moving well, the other guys walk without defeat. I am happy for them, for me it is a great joy.

Regardless of the title, I always went into battle as prepared as possible. But these GOAT arguments, as they say, are empty fables, " R-Sport quotes Emelianenko.

Spoken like a true GOAT.

15 days ago
5/11/08

That won't stop me from calling him one until I see someone more deserving I'm going to keep saying it

15 days ago
2/2/20

GOAT.

15 days ago
7/30/03

This is just one more reason for why he is the GOAT! 

15 days ago
11/30/07
MMApurist -

That won't stop me from calling him one until I see someone more deserving I'm going to keep saying it

This

14 days ago
3/22/16
A true GOAT doesnt need to refer to himself as GOAT. GSP often plays down talk of him being GOAT as well. He says its not for him to say who is.

On the fip side, Jones goes on twitter rants crying that he is the only GOAT...
14 days ago
11/30/07
Don J - A true GOAT doesnt need to refer to himself as GOAT. GSP often plays down talk of him being GOAT as well. He says its not for him to say who is.

On the fip side, Jones goes on twitter rants crying that he is the only GOAT...

GSP said Fedor was on that HDNET show back in the day. 

14 days ago
8/4/08
Only the GOAT speaks as such
14 days ago
11/5/13

WHAT a GOAT!!!!

14 days ago
1/13/10

GOAT is gonna GOAT

14 days ago
9/26/02

Truth.

14 days ago
11/20/09

Michael Jordan doesn't call himself the goat either. 

When I think of comparing Jordan, I don't compare him to other basketball players, I compare him to Ali, Gretzky, Tiger, Nichlaus, and Fedor.

14 days ago
11/20/08
BringBackHeadbutts -

Michael Jordan doesn't call himself the goat either. 

When I think of comparing Jordan, I don't compare him to other basketball players, I compare him to Ali, Gretzky, Tiger, Nichlaus, and Fedor.

Yep, Once in a lifetime athletes  I compare the same, all GOATs in their sports

14 days ago
5/10/04

The GOAT just telling it like it is.
14 days ago
1/3/20

He's 100% right! 

14 days ago
4/11/10

Only non-goats like Jon and Conor like to self  proclaim 

13 days ago
7/5/13
Soup Nazi -

Truth.

What soup said

13 days ago
1/24/17

Best Fedor Emelianenko Vs Chael Sonnen GIFs | Gfycat

13 days ago
6/28/11

That’s the best answer. GOAT is a fan-given, informal “title” based upon shifting criteria that, unlike an actual belt, will never be universally agreed upon. Someone like Jones does himself no favors by insisting he somehow has an unquestioned claim to it. 

13 days ago
12/3/06

He’s the GOAT in my mind but there are others that I would consider legends of the sport as well.

13 days ago
10/17/13
GOAT Soul.
13 days ago
5/11/08

You have to judge him based on his Prime and accomplishments which was an unbeaten 10 year reign at Heavyweight while being undersized and humble as a saint with countless UFC Champions and Prime Pride Fighters as his victims while most of them were in their Prime too and Pride was the superior place at the time evident by their higher salaries while the UFC was finacially struggling and only stayed in business because they were owned by Billionaires who didn't mind losing money.

No one judges Ali based on the end of his career losing against guys like Holmes and Berbick and Spinks.

We shouldn judge Fedor the same way.

GOAT. Period.