UnderGround Forums Fighter snatches defeat from the jaws of victory

7 days ago
12/1/10
BringBackHeadbutts - 
KirkBJJ - 

I'm not defending the guy by the way... ban him for life for all I care but he held it for like a second and a half. When Babalu did that and the guy went to sleep, he kept his win. This guy who tapped popped right up and it wasn't much worse than BJ / Pulver if at all. Then big bad Goddard had to act like a tough guy again with an amped up fighter.

How many years did that Babalu incident happen, and here we are in 2020 and fans still remember it.  

What does that say about these type of acts?  

There are some differences and context known vs not known between the two. 

David Heath was out of bounds for wearing a t-shirt at the weigh ins with Babalu's mugshot on there.  That is too far imo. 

Babalu didn't just hold the choke b/c he's an asshole, he did it in retaliation. That context is known. 

I am consistent and already asked in this thread above if there is some unknown context between the two fighters in the Op that we do not know about. If there is, I'd like to hear it.  If there isn't, it's absolutely inexcusable. 

david flipped off cursed at and as far as babalu understood told him he fucks his mother.

he called him a motherfucker babalu dissected this from english to Portuguese state that david told him he -babalu- fucks his mother.

he walked away from the exchange asking "he say I fuck my mom. he said I fuck my mom......."

that was it for david.

7 days ago
5/7/08
bradu -

Man, this thread would have gotten so many more views if you left the title at “fighter snatches...” and then started the post with ...defeat from the jaws of victory 

btw, absolutely on board with dq, what a dummy!

And bonus points if you worked "mediagenic" into it somehow!

7 days ago
5/7/08
HTMNDN -
BringBackHeadbutts - 
KirkBJJ - 

I'm not defending the guy by the way... ban him for life for all I care but he held it for like a second and a half. When Babalu did that and the guy went to sleep, he kept his win. This guy who tapped popped right up and it wasn't much worse than BJ / Pulver if at all. Then big bad Goddard had to act like a tough guy again with an amped up fighter.

How many years did that Babalu incident happen, and here we are in 2020 and fans still remember it.  

David Heath was out of bounds for wearing a t-shirt at the weigh ins with Babalu's mugshot on there.  That is too far imo. 

Babalu didn't just hold the choke b/c he's an asshole, he did it in retaliation. That context is known. 

I am consistent and already asked in this thread above if there is some unknown context between the two fighters in the Op that we do not know about. If there is, I'd like to hear it.  If there isn't, it's absolutely inexcusable. 

david flipped off cursed at and as far as babalu understood told him he fucks his mother.

he called him a motherfucker babalu dissected this from english to Portuguese state that david told him he -babalu- fucks his mother.

he walked away from the exchange asking "he say I fuck my mom. he said I fuck my mom......."

that was it for david.

So fucking what? Nothing excuses holding onto a choke after the tap., least of all some fucking words.

7 days ago
11/24/02

Fuck needs a suspension as well. I am sure he will receive one soon. 

7 days ago
12/1/10
MayorPirkle - 
HTMNDN -
BringBackHeadbutts - 
KirkBJJ - 

that was it for david.

So fucking what? Nothing excuses holding onto a choke after the tap., least of all some fucking words.

for you. not for others. life lesson.

7 days ago
6/27/02
BringBackHeadbutts - 
KirkBJJ - 

Dude you can't make rules dependent on what fighters say pre-fight.

I'm just trying to not be hypocritical... I was there for Babalu and was a big fan. Fan of BJ as well. I can't laugh those off and then crucify whoever this guy is. It was an RNC he held a little... it's not like he was stomping a KO'd guy.

7 days ago
6/27/02
HTMNDN - 
MayorPirkle - 
HTMNDN -
BringBackHeadbutts - 
KirkBJJ - 

that was it for david.

It was a great time wasn't it? :)

Hell UFC 1 was literally won by an RNC held for like 5 seconds until the ref could scrape Royce off lol

7 days ago
12/1/10
KirkBJJ - 
HTMNDN - 
MayorPirkle - 
HTMNDN -
BringBackHeadbutts - 
KirkBJJ - 

that was it for david.

It was a great time wasn't it? :)

Hell UFC 1 was literally won by an RNC held for like 5 seconds until the ref could scrape Royce off lol

7 days ago
3/4/12

He was tapping on the mat.  Fighter couldn't feel it.

Then he's got some big colonizer yelling at him and putting his hands on him.

TAP ON YOUR OPPONENT.

7 days ago
9/14/17

As I recall, Babalu's mistake was admitting that he did it deliberately during the post-fight cage interview.

(Might be wrong...I haven't watched it since it aired live but I'm sure he says something to the effect of teaching him a lesson or he deserved it)

What a shame. Always enjoyed watching him fight.

7 days ago
11/20/09
MayorPirkle - 
HTMNDN -
BringBackHeadbutts - 
KirkBJJ - 

that was it for david.

I am pretty sure Babalu was more pissed at the mugshot t-shirt.

You used to be able to find it online, but I am guessing Babalu paid to have it removed. 

Imagine doing a crime, serving your punishment, and a co-worker wears a shirt with your mugshot on it way after the fact.  That's not cool.

If you ask me, I'd rather be choked as long as Heath was, than to have someone wear a t-shirt with my mugshot where thousands peraps millions of people see it.  

7 days ago
1/27/12
KirkBJJ -

I don't like taking the win away... Harsh punishments for post fight stuff are fine, but he did win the fight.

The guy had his opponent in a position where he could have killed him or caused brain damage, and refused to let go.  Fully conscious decision, and he absolutely knew better.

He should never be allowed to fight again.

7 days ago
7/2/09
Donoghue88 -

Have a feeling Goddard could spark him clean

Yeah, I thought Goddard was the better man, he was a champ about it.

7 days ago
4/25/11
halfninja -

He was tapping on the mat.  Fighter couldn't feel it.

Then he's got some big colonizer yelling at him and putting his hands on him.

TAP ON YOUR OPPONENT.

Lol at "colonizer" !!!!

7 days ago
12/1/10
BringBackHeadbutts - 
MayorPirkle - 
HTMNDN -
BringBackHeadbutts - 
KirkBJJ - 

that was it for david.

You used to be able to find it online, but I am guessing Babalu paid to have it removed. 

Imagine doing a crime, serving your punishment, and a co-worker wears a shirt with your mugshot on it way after the fact.  That's not cool.

If you ask me, I'd rather be choked as long as Heath was, than to have someone wear a t-shirt with my mugshot where thousands peraps millions of people see it.  

ah man good thing you explained it to me.

I mean I had him sponsored from head to toe with hitman fight gear. was with him the entire week before and after the fight came back to oc with him. And then made 1000 posters of the fight and gave them out less than a month later.

but as you said you know why he did it.

weird I sponsored him for years trained with him and traveled the world with him but you know better than me........

7 days ago
12/1/10
HTMNDN - 
BringBackHeadbutts - 
MayorPirkle - 
HTMNDN -
BringBackHeadbutts - 
KirkBJJ - 

that was it for david.

I mean I had him sponsored from head to toe with hitman fight gear. was with him the entire week before and after the fight came back to oc with him. And then made 1000 posters of the fight and gave them out less than a month later.

weird I sponsored him for years trained with him and traveled the world with him but you know better than me........

he actually didnt care about the shirt and wanted one after he saw it we all did.

7 days ago
1/1/01

The Unified rules were updated 2 years ago so that the referee has sole discretion on penaltues and DQ's from the time the inspectors leave the cage at the beginning until they return at the end of the fight.

This was clarified after the dude in CA backflipped off his unconscious opponent who ko'd himself on his opponents knee.

7 days ago
11/20/09
HTMNDN - 
BringBackHeadbutts - 
MayorPirkle - 
HTMNDN -
BringBackHeadbutts - 
KirkBJJ - 

that was it for david.

Ha ha, dude, I clearly said, "I am pretty sure". 

You got way offended over that my dude.  You could easily have chimed in and said something like, "i can see how you would come to that conclusion, but here is a little insight for you..."I had him sponsored...."

Instead, you got way too emo.  That's really cool you got to hang out with a pro fighter, and cool insight.  Where you could have gained cool points, you lose based on the delivery.  Learn and improve for next time bud. 

7 days ago
12/1/10
BringBackHeadbutts - 
HTMNDN - 
BringBackHeadbutts - 
MayorPirkle - 
HTMNDN -
BringBackHeadbutts - 
KirkBJJ - 

that was it for david.

Ha ha, dude, I clearly said, "I am pretty sure". 

You got way offended over that my dude.  You could easily have chimed in and said something like, "i can see how you would come to that conclusion, but here is a little insight for you..."I had him sponsored...."

Instead, you got way too emo.  That's really cool you got to hang out with a pro fighter, and cool insight.  Where you could have gained cool points, you lose based on the delivery.  Learn and improve for next time bud. 

just the one pro fighter the one time.

will work on it.....

7 days ago
11/21/05

Putting hands on a ref should never be tolerated.  Not only should the fighter be DQ'd, he must be DQ'd.  There should also be a suspension.  Sorry but this is a sport and not a street fight.  If you can't handle it, you don't belong.

7 days ago
6/30/07

Unstable dumbass. You touch a ref, you don't get to fight again for quite a while.

7 days ago
5/7/08
BringBackHeadbutts -
MayorPirkle - 
HTMNDN -
BringBackHeadbutts - 
KirkBJJ - 

that was it for david.

Your mugshot is public record, who cares if it gets put on a shirt. I wouldn't have a mugshot for you to put on a t shirt because I'm not a lowlife, but if I did and you put it on a t shirt I'd laugh. No matter how pissed he was, it's not an excuse to do something dangerous like hold a choke. All that does is further prove that you're a piece of shit, hence why there's a mugshot of you in the first place. 

You have to be a real mental midget to get pissed because someone called you a motherfucker.

7 days ago
10/24/03

D-bag 

6 days ago
5/25/06
mikethecricket -
KirkBJJ -

I don't like taking the win away... Harsh punishments for post fight stuff are fine, but he did win the fight.

The guy had his opponent in a position where he could have killed him or caused brain damage, and refused to let go.  Fully conscious decision, and he absolutely knew better.

He should never be allowed to fight again.

Death or brain damage? Maybe if he held it for 2 minutes. 

You even ufc bro?

6 days ago
1/14/12

Marc was pure quality dealing with that douche you are clearly told to obey the referees instructions.

Putting hands on a Ref should definitely have consequences as well at least Marc had experience handling drunk or high McGregor at Bellator.