UnderGround Forums Fighter snatches defeat from the jaws of victory

Edited: 6 days ago
3/29/11

There's plenty of cunts in the world and he proved to be one of them. He's obviously a fucking idiot that can't control himself in what's supposed to be a professional setting. 
I understand it's a fight and all types of emotions can run high, but it's a professional prizefight. A prizefight with rules and regulations you must follow.  That's part of being a professional! 
if you can't handle it than you shouldn't be a professional fighter. 
luckly for him he doesn't have to worry about this blowing his chance at a UFC contract anytime soon. 

6 days ago
11/18/14

ttt for the DQ reaction video

6 days ago
4/25/11
MayorPirkle -
BringBackHeadbutts -
MayorPirkle - 
HTMNDN -
BringBackHeadbutts - 
KirkBJJ - 

I'm not defending the guy by the way... ban him for life for all I care but he held it for like a second and a half. When Babalu did that and the guy went to sleep, he kept his win. This guy who tapped popped right up and it wasn't much worse than BJ / Pulver if at all. Then big bad Goddard had to act like a tough guy again with an amped up fighter.

How many years did that Babalu incident happen, and here we are in 2020 and fans still remember it.  

What does that say about these type of acts?  

There are some differences and context known vs not known between the two. 

David Heath was out of bounds for wearing a t-shirt at the weigh ins with Babalu's mugshot on there.  That is too far imo. 

Babalu didn't just hold the choke b/c he's an asshole, he did it in retaliation. That context is known. 

I am consistent and already asked in this thread above if there is some unknown context between the two fighters in the Op that we do not know about. If there is, I'd like to hear it.  If there isn't, it's absolutely inexcusable. 

david flipped off cursed at and as far as babalu understood told him he fucks his mother.

he called him a motherfucker babalu dissected this from english to Portuguese state that david told him he -babalu- fucks his mother.

he walked away from the exchange asking "he say I fuck my mom. he said I fuck my mom......."

that was it for david.

So fucking what? Nothing excuses holding onto a choke after the tap., least of all some fucking words.

I am pretty sure Babalu was more pissed at the mugshot t-shirt.

You used to be able to find it online, but I am guessing Babalu paid to have it removed. 

Imagine doing a crime, serving your punishment, and a co-worker wears a shirt with your mugshot on it way after the fact.  That's not cool.

If you ask me, I'd rather be choked as long as Heath was, than to have someone wear a t-shirt with my mugshot where thousands peraps millions of people see it.  

Your mugshot is public record, who cares if it gets put on a shirt. I wouldn't have a mugshot for you to put on a t shirt because I'm not a lowlife, but if I did and you put it on a t shirt I'd laugh. No matter how pissed he was, it's not an excuse to do something dangerous like hold a choke. All that does is further prove that you're a piece of shit, hence why there's a mugshot of you in the first place. 

You have to be a real mental midget to get pissed because someone called you a motherfucker.

To be fair, The Hitman guy said that Babalu thought David said that he fucks his mother. Thats not the same as motherfucker. Well, not to him anyway. Remember when Honda told Bethe that she was gonna make her have a "Come to Jesus moment?", And Bethe thought she said that she was "Gonna send me to meet Jesus", as in kill her. It pissed her off differently than it would have had she gotten the context of the comment, which she or Babalu did not get, due to the language barrier which is even worse when you bring in slang and shit!

6 days ago
2/7/11

Where's the video of him getting DQ'd?  I wanna see his face 

6 days ago
2/7/11
halfninja -

He was tapping on the mat.  Fighter couldn't feel it.

Then he's got some big colonizer yelling at him and putting his hands on him.

TAP ON YOUR OPPONENT.

The guy is from the UAE.  Arabs are also colonizers, they just sucked at it and their empire fell apart 

6 days ago
5/7/08
cantuna4u -
MayorPirkle -
BringBackHeadbutts -
MayorPirkle - 
HTMNDN -
BringBackHeadbutts - 
KirkBJJ - 

I'm not defending the guy by the way... ban him for life for all I care but he held it for like a second and a half. When Babalu did that and the guy went to sleep, he kept his win. This guy who tapped popped right up and it wasn't much worse than BJ / Pulver if at all. Then big bad Goddard had to act like a tough guy again with an amped up fighter.

How many years did that Babalu incident happen, and here we are in 2020 and fans still remember it.  

David Heath was out of bounds for wearing a t-shirt at the weigh ins with Babalu's mugshot on there.  That is too far imo. 

Babalu didn't just hold the choke b/c he's an asshole, he did it in retaliation. That context is known. 

I am consistent and already asked in this thread above if there is some unknown context between the two fighters in the Op that we do not know about. If there is, I'd like to hear it.  If there isn't, it's absolutely inexcusable. 

david flipped off cursed at and as far as babalu understood told him he fucks his mother.

he called him a motherfucker babalu dissected this from english to Portuguese state that david told him he -babalu- fucks his mother.

he walked away from the exchange asking "he say I fuck my mom. he said I fuck my mom......."

that was it for david.

So fucking what? Nothing excuses holding onto a choke after the tap., least of all some fucking words.

You used to be able to find it online, but I am guessing Babalu paid to have it removed. 

Imagine doing a crime, serving your punishment, and a co-worker wears a shirt with your mugshot on it way after the fact.  That's not cool.

If you ask me, I'd rather be choked as long as Heath was, than to have someone wear a t-shirt with my mugshot where thousands peraps millions of people see it.  

Your mugshot is public record, who cares if it gets put on a shirt. I wouldn't have a mugshot for you to put on a t shirt because I'm not a lowlife, but if I did and you put it on a t shirt I'd laugh. No matter how pissed he was, it's not an excuse to do something dangerous like hold a choke. All that does is further prove that you're a piece of shit, hence why there's a mugshot of you in the first place. 

You have to be a real mental midget to get pissed because someone called you a motherfucker.

To be fair, The Hitman guy said that Babalu thought David said that he fucks his mother. Thats not the same as motherfucker. Well, not to him anyway. Remember when Honda told Bethe that she was gonna make her have a "Come to Jesus moment?", And Bethe thought she said that she was "Gonna send me to meet Jesus", as in kill her. It pissed her off differently than it would have had she gotten the context of the comment, which she or Babalu did not get, due to the language barrier which is even worse when you bring in slang and shit!

It doesn't matter. It's just words. You could tell me you hope my 2 daughters get aids and die at the weigh in and I would laugh in your face. And if I choked you out the next night, I would let go as soon as you tapped, stand up, look back at you in your eyes to make sure you knew it it was a real fight you'd be dead, and go collect my cheque. Because I'm not a 6 year old who gets butthurt over words.

6 days ago
8/24/15
KirkBJJ -

I don't like taking the win away... Harsh punishments for post fight stuff are fine, but he did win the fight.

The fights decision is not over until the "official decision" is announced. 

6 days ago
11/19/19

Goddard's fault.

Edited: 6 days ago
1/3/20

lol @ that midget. Should ban his dumbass from competition for 2yrs!

6 days ago
6/27/02
redruM14 - 
KirkBJJ -

I don't like taking the win away... Harsh punishments for post fight stuff are fine, but he did win the fight.

The fights decision is not over until the "official decision" is announced. 

That's fine if you also agree that Khabib should've been DQ'd after tapping Conor as well. I don't.

6 days ago
4/25/11
MayorPirkle -
cantuna4u -
MayorPirkle -
BringBackHeadbutts -
MayorPirkle - 
HTMNDN -
BringBackHeadbutts - 
KirkBJJ - 

that was it for david.

It doesn't matter. It's just words. You could tell me you hope my 2 daughters get aids and die at the weigh in and I would laugh in your face. And if I choked you out the next night, I would let go as soon as you tapped, stand up, look back at you in your eyes to make sure you knew it it was a real fight you'd be dead, and go collect my cheque. Because I'm not a 6 year old who gets butthurt over words.

I hear you. But not everyone feels like that. I'm the same way. You can say anything and, if it's funny, I'll be the first to laugh. Some people don't play that shit though. I would not want fuckin Babalu Sobral to think I said anything about his mother or daughter or dog or that tree in front of his house. He strikes me as a dude who would get pissed off about that kinda thing. A little hespect for your opponent, if not, at the very least a little for yourself, school and discipline...

6 days ago
5/7/08
cantuna4u -
MayorPirkle -
cantuna4u -
MayorPirkle -
BringBackHeadbutts -
MayorPirkle - 
HTMNDN -
BringBackHeadbutts - 
KirkBJJ - 

that was it for david.

I hear you. But not everyone feels like that. I'm the same way. You can say anything and, if it's funny, I'll be the first to laugh. Some people don't play that shit though. I would not want fuckin Babalu Sobral to think I said anything about his mother or daughter or dog or that tree in front of his house. He strikes me as a dude who would get pissed off about that kinda thing. A little hespect for your opponent, if not, at the very least a little for yourself, school and discipline...

I'm not saying Heath did nothing wrong, I hear you about hespect. But my point is that holding a submission is just about the most dangerous thing you can do in the cage and there's no place for it, especially if your justification is "he said something mean to me". 

6 days ago
6/27/02
MayorPirkle - 
cantuna4u -
MayorPirkle -
cantuna4u -
MayorPirkle -
BringBackHeadbutts -
MayorPirkle - 
HTMNDN -
BringBackHeadbutts - 
KirkBJJ - 

that was it for david.

I'm not saying Heath did nothing wrong, I hear you about hespect. But my point is that holding a submission is just about the most dangerous thing you can do in the cage and there's no place for it, especially if your justification is "he said something mean to me". 

Cmon man you've been around long enough to know better than that... holding a choke for a second or 2 is way up at the top of the list of LEAST dangerous things that could happen to you in a cage fight.

6 days ago
4/25/11
MayorPirkle -
cantuna4u -
MayorPirkle -
cantuna4u -
MayorPirkle -
BringBackHeadbutts -
MayorPirkle - 
HTMNDN -
BringBackHeadbutts - 
KirkBJJ - 

that was it for david.

I agree...  He should be banned for life if you ask me. Might seem harsh, but there is no room for that shit. A fine and a suspension plus whatever your boss decides is fine for pushing the ref, which is wrong, but compared to holding a sub too long or hitting a guy after it's been called. That is indefensible and inexcusable.  Some people can't handle the mental challenges that come with being a fighter. It's mostly when the guy is a "fighter" and was never a "martial artist" to begin with.