UnderGround Forums Fighters who had no business in the UFC.

5 days ago
6/27/18
akbar87 -

andy wang 

Andy was a legit grappler back in the day. But I agree he really should not have been in the UFC.

Do you know he fought MMA as recently as 2017? Still has a losing record though. I remember Lauzon saying Andy is just way too hard headed in all aspects of life.

5 days ago
1/13/11
Rakoshi -

It’s still hard for me to realize that Tiki fought in the UFC, Strikeforce, WEC, WFA and King of the Cage. How did they keep giving him fights? He was actually 17-10 with 2 KO and 2 Subs so imagine the guys he beat ... 

Apparently hes one of the 4 fighters Dana managed in his early days. Would explain a lot. 

5 days ago
2/12/16

Caleb Starns

5 days ago
11/1/19
Tom Lawlor -
JThomasufc91 -

Let’s see. Who were the worst, most unqualified guys to ever step in the octagon? Obviously lets go unified rules era only. I start with a few off the top of my head.

CM Punk

Kevin Jordan

Tiki

What do you guys think? Obviously Seth Petruzelli was terrible as well.

I’m biased but I think Seth is more in the boat of “most talented guy to not win in the UFC”. Different environments breed different results and the octagon just didn’t work out like almost everywhere else did for him. 

Holy shit! Filthy Tom Lawlor! I meant no disrespect. But his stretch in the ufc was bad. And you are correct. He was successful other places. For one, he finished Kimbo on a huge stage. So that in of it self was a feather in his cap.

5 days ago
9/20/19
JThomasufc91 -
Tom Lawlor -
JThomasufc91 -

Let’s see. Who were the worst, most unqualified guys to ever step in the octagon? Obviously lets go unified rules era only. I start with a few off the top of my head.

CM Punk

Kevin Jordan

Tiki

I’m biased but I think Seth is more in the boat of “most talented guy to not win in the UFC”. Different environments breed different results and the octagon just didn’t work out like almost everywhere else did for him. 

Holy shit! Filthy Tom Lawlor! I meant no disrespect. But his stretch in the ufc was bad. And you are correct. He was successful other places. For one, he finished Kimbo on a huge stage. So that in of it self was a feather in his cap.

Lol, nice dick-tuck 

5 days ago
11/1/19
HillboFrateTrane -
JThomasufc91 -
Tom Lawlor -
JThomasufc91 -

CM Punk

Kevin Jordan

Tiki

Lol, nice dick-tuck 

Every single thing in this thread I've said is 100% true. 

5 days ago
11/1/19

If a guy wins other places but goes 0-5 in the UFC? That's notable. If Tiki won other places, but goes 0-4, also notable.

Edited: 5 days ago
9/20/19
JThomasufc91 -
HillboFrateTrane -
JThomasufc91 -
Tom Lawlor -
JThomasufc91 -

CM Punk

Kevin Jordan

Tiki

Lol, nice dick-tuck 

I heard Lawlor and Bonnar are taking Joey Ryan’s schtic one step further and having actual anal intercourse in their finisher which isn’t far off from how he and Seth used to train.  

5 days ago
11/1/19
HillboFrateTrane -
JThomasufc91 -
HillboFrateTrane -
JThomasufc91 -
Tom Lawlor -
JThomasufc91 -

CM Punk

Kevin Jordan

Tiki

Lol, nice dick-tuck 

I heard Lawlor and Bonnar are taking Joey Ryan’s schtic one step further and having actual anal intercourse in their finisher which isn’t far off from how he and Seth used to train.  

That's what makes makes Tom a true OGr.

5 days ago
10/3/12

Elvis Sinosic 

5 days ago
6/27/18
hjr2 -

Elvis Sinosic 

How dare you. Elvis submitted Jeremy Horn in his first UFC fight.

Admittedly he lost every other fight he had in the UFC, and usually in devastating fashion.

But was a good guy. He used to post here back in the day.

5 days ago
8/20/03
hjr2 - 

Elvis Sinosic 

WTF?

Elvis was a legit threat and was used as a standard of what it required to be in the UFC at the time.

Seriously, wtf...

5 days ago
10/3/12
Captain Canuck -
hjr2 - 

Elvis Sinosic 

WTF?

Elvis was a legit threat and was used as a standard of what it required to be in the UFC at the time.

Seriously, wtf...

With a 1-6 record in the UFC. 

5 days ago
6/27/18
Captain Canuck -
hjr2 - 

Elvis Sinosic 

WTF?

Seriously, wtf...

All due respect to Elvis, he was never really good enough to be gatekeeper. I repeat: He had ONE win in the UFC.

Tito Ortiz, Evan Tanner, and Forrest Griffin all stopped him in the first round.

5 days ago
10/3/12

Also, Brock Lesnar. 

5 days ago
6/27/18
hjr2 -

Also, Brock Lesnar. 

Now you're talking crazy. The heavyweight champ didn't belong in the UFC? He had more succesful title defenses than Werdum.

5 days ago
10/3/12
TequilaYuen -
hjr2 -

Also, Brock Lesnar. 

Now you're talking crazy. The heavyweight champ didn't belong in the UFC? He had more succesful title defenses than Werdum.

A guy with a 1-1 record gets a title shot against an old man that beat Tim F’ing Sylvia for the title. Frank Mir didn’t get a rubber match in an age when there was almost nothing but. Shane Carwin unloading on anyone else cowering against the cage would have been a stoppage. He was a cash cow who got out before USADA.  

5 days ago
6/27/18
hjr2 -
TequilaYuen -
hjr2 -

Also, Brock Lesnar. 

A guy with a 1-1 record gets a title shot against an old man that beat Tim F’ing Sylvia for the title. Frank Mir didn’t get a rubber match in an age when there was almost nothing but. Shane Carwin unloading on anyone else cowering against the cage would have been a stoppage. He was a cash cow who got out before USADA.  

I mean you can do that with any fighter's career, especially at heavyweight. Why was Shane Carwin UFC calibre? the Lesnar fight was literally the first time he ever went two rounds. Why was Mark Hunt UFC calibre? Sean McCorkle tapped him out in his first UFC fight. Hunt was winless for four years straight.

5 days ago
1/1/01
HillboFrateTrane -
JThomasufc91 -
HillboFrateTrane -
JThomasufc91 -
Tom Lawlor -
JThomasufc91 -

CM Punk

Kevin Jordan

Tiki

Lol, nice dick-tuck 

The only thing Seth and i would have trained together that included anal intercourse would be your mom. 

5 days ago
10/3/12
TequilaYuen -
hjr2 -
TequilaYuen -
hjr2 -

Also, Brock Lesnar. 

I mean you can do that with any fighter's career, especially at heavyweight. Why was Shane Carwin UFC calibre? the Lesnar fight was literally the first time he ever went two rounds. Why was Mark Hunt UFC calibre? Sean McCorkle tapped him out in his first UFC fight. Hunt was winless for four years straight.

My feeling is Lesnar was gifted the title with matches against guys at the end of their careers. 

Heath Herring didn’t fight again for 8 years, Randy Couture didn’t fight at HW again unless it was a spectacle match Mark Coleman and James Toney), Shane Carwin fought once more and retired. Once he couldn’t hide from the killers anymore we saw what happened. Turning his back and running. Looking like Ronda in their vs Cain. Publicity stunt.

Made money? For sure. Brought some new fans to the sport? You bet, but he didn’t pay the dues a guy like Werdum did to get where he got. 

5 days ago
8/20/03
Tom Lawlor - 
HillboFrateTrane -
JThomasufc91 -
HillboFrateTrane -
JThomasufc91 -
Tom Lawlor -
JThomasufc91 -

CM Punk

Kevin Jordan

Tiki

Lol, nice dick-tuck 

The only thing Seth and i would have trained together that included anal intercourse would be your mom. 

5 days ago
11/1/19
Tom Lawlor -
HillboFrateTrane -
JThomasufc91 -
HillboFrateTrane -
JThomasufc91 -
Tom Lawlor -
JThomasufc91 -

CM Punk

Kevin Jordan

Tiki

Lol, nice dick-tuck 

Boom

5 days ago
11/1/19
hjr2 -

Also, Brock Lesnar. 

He beat Randy, Mir. Carwin, Heath and Hunt. 

5 days ago
5/15/15

Seth was much higher regarded than you're giving him credit for... 

James Toney. All day and all night long.

5 days ago
11/1/19
moogin83 -

Seth was much higher regarded than you're giving him credit for... 

James Toney. All day and all night long.

James Toney was a higher regarded boxer than Seth was in kickboxing or mma. Stop playing. James Toney is one of the greatest defensive boxers of all time.