UnderGround Forums Frankie Edgar is doing it

10 days ago
1/1/01

Frankie Edgar was once exhibit A in the case for not weight cutting. He was UFC lightweight champion at very close to his walkaround weight. He successfully defended his belt three times, lost it to Benson Henderson, failed to regain it in the rematch, and dropped to featherweight, failing to unseat Jose Aldo in his first, and in a rematch for the Interim belt, and failed to beat Max Holloway for the title.

Now he's dropping to bantamweight, and it shows.

10 days ago
4/25/11

He shouldn't cut so much weight.    And...

Aldo

10 days ago
5/13/05

Where is the picture?

10 days ago
5/13/05

hopefully he doesn't look like he is on chemo the way Dillashaw did at 125lbs.

T.J. Dillashaw first on scale, easily on weight at UFC Brooklyn

10 days ago
3/2/12

Apparently Kirik would rather post polls :) Frankie does look shredded though. he's at 145 currently.

10 days ago
7/27/04

Hopefully he gets a title shot at 135 vs Aldo

10 days ago
4/25/11
cyberc92 -

It wasn't Chemo he was on...

10 days ago
5/26/14

Fuck I dont like it. 

Hate seeing guys at the tail-end of their career dropping like that. 

But if anyone can do it, I'd say Frankie could. His heart and tenacity is HOF status on its own

10 days ago
1/5/11
cantuna4u -
cyberc92 -

It wasn't Chemo he was on...

Bahhhahahah. Awesome.

10 days ago
6/23/12

Feel like his chin is gonna be glass at BW. 

10 days ago
5/30/05

His ear looks like an attached baby foot.

10 days ago
1/1/01

Wish he woulda done it 4 years ago after the Aldo rematch and 6 fights/2 KO losses ago.

10 days ago
1/1/01
best of luck to frankie. one of the greats whatever happens next in his career.
10 days ago
3/2/12
Wasa-B -

Wish he woulda done it 4 years ago after the Aldo rematch and 6 fights/2 KO losses ago.

This is kind of how I feel. Doing it now allows questions to arise about whether or not a KO loss is due to all the wear and tear, or due to the cut... Back in 2016 he had nowhere near the amount of wear, plus there were all the matchups like prime Frankie vs Cruz, Garbrandt, etc. I don't feel those matchups have anywhere near the appeal now in 2020.

10 days ago
5/28/03

best guy to ever come outta NJ

10 days ago
1/17/03
Kirik -

Frankie Edgar was once exhibit A in the case for not weight cutting. He was UFC lightweight champion at very close to his walkaround weight. He successfully defended his belt three times, lost it to Benson Henderson, failed to regain it in the rematch, and dropped to featherweight, failing to unseat Jose Aldo in his first, and in a rematch for the Interim belt, and failed to beat Max Holloway for the title.

This poll is laughable. 

Max lost every round last time. 

10 days ago
6/9/16
SHOGUN250 -

Apparently Kirik would rather post polls :) Frankie does look shredded though. he's at 145 currently.

Man, he's going to be an emaciated 135er! 

10 days ago
5/3/20

Frankie looks great imo. Looks more like his natural weight interesting to see how he’ll do

10 days ago
4/22/20
Does he wrestle into Munoz's bjj, specifically his guillotine?
10 days ago
6/16/10
SHOGUN250 -

He should make weight easily if he cuts those ears off.

10 days ago
3/23/06
0hi0direct -

Fuck I dont like it. 

Hate seeing guys at the tail-end of their career dropping like that. 

But if anyone can do it, I'd say Frankie could. His heart and tenacity is HOF status on its own

The guy has stayed a fan favorite and top tier level since 2007.  He is awesome.  How anyone can hate on Edgar is just weird. 

10 days ago
5/3/20
Erik Apple -
Kirik -

This poll is laughable. 

Max lost every round last time. 

I thought he seemed to begin to get better in rounds 4 and 5. I could see max making adjustments but volkan is a killer and he could also see more of Max’s holes in his game. Not sure but wouldn’t call it laughable for me.

Definitely would say Burns has the best chance stylistically. 

10 days ago
1/19/06

10 days ago
1/1/01

People seem high again on the LW div but I think BW is as deep or deeper right now:

Aldo
Yan
Sterling
Sandhagen
Moraes
Garbrandt

Throw Edgar in the mix.

Then future uncertain:
*Cejudo
*Cruz

Future star:
OMalley.

10 days ago
1/1/01

Also, if Edgar somehow gets the 135 strap, believe he would be the first to do it twice 2 divisions away from his first strap.

Would be ironic however if Aldo becomes champ and he has to face him again for the 3rd time and 3rd title fight.