UnderGround Forums GSP joins French lang. broadcast UFC analyst team

6 days ago
1/1/01

The UFC has announced that Hall of Famer Georges St-Pierre has joined Quebec’s Reseau des Sports (RDS) broadcasting team. GSP will serve as an analyst for the French-language channel’s pay-per-view UFC broadcasts, including the prelims. St-Pierre will begin with UFC 252 on August 15.

“I am very pleased to officially join the RDS team and I look forward to sharing my knowledge of mixed martial arts with the public, ” said St-Pierre. “I look forward to taking advantage of this new opportunity that RDS is offering me to have fun and exchange with the fans.”

Vice-President Production at RDS Domenic Vannelli was ecstatic.

“We are very proud that Georges has accepted to be part of the RDS team of experts, ” he said. “His unique personality and his exceptional experience in the Octagon make him a great asset to the strong UFC combat description team already in place at RDS.”

As was UFC President Dana White.

“I’ve always said Georges is the most famous athlete to ever come out of Canada," said White. "His impact on the sport has been massive across the country, but especially for French-Canadians. I am pumped that he’s decided to join the RDS commentary team and share his knowledge and experience directly with our fans.”

h/t UFC

6 days ago
12/3/02

Great idea. 

6 days ago
11/23/07

awesome

6 days ago
7/8/17

Awesome

5 days ago
5/7/08

The most famous athlete ever to come out of Canada lol oh BLAF

5 days ago
6/26/17
MayorPirkle -

Lol, Tomato 

5 days ago
1/13/11
MayorPirkle -

Wouldnt say the most, but definitely not far off. 

5 days ago
7/10/02
MayorPirkle - 

Hard to tell TBH. He is for sure NOT the most famous athlete IN Canada, hell he's not even for Quebec. He's way down the list. But, as far as being known internationally, it could be argued that he is among them.

5 days ago
4/11/10
Jinton Quackson -

awesome

5 days ago
6/9/16

Riddum Productions.

5 days ago
5/7/08
Sprawl'n'Stall -
MayorPirkle - 

Hard to tell TBH. He is for sure NOT the most famous athlete IN Canada, hell he's not even for Quebec. He's way down the list. But, as far as being known internationally, it could be argued that he is among them.

Wayne Gretzky's fame absolutely dwarfs Georges St Pierre, what planet are you guys living on?

5 days ago
1/24/16

From what I understand he was never that much of a fan of the sport. It also surprises me that such a winner like GSP wouldn't pursue a different career and try to become the best in a different arena.

1 day ago
1/1/01

UFC president Dana White tells TSN’s Aaron Bronsteter that he'd prefer GSP in a commentator role over fighting lightweight champ Khabib Nurmagomedov.

“Well, let’s see what happens with Gaethje,” said White. “That fight’s got to happen first. We just hired GSP — he’s the French commentator for us now. That’s more what I’d like to see GSP doing.”

“You don’t see too many athletes who go out on top. GSP has done that, done it very well. He’s got the money, he doesn’t need the money.

“He’s working for us now in a different capacity and I’d love to see him go out on top.”

h/t LowKickMMA

1 day ago
5/7/08

This says RDS is showing PPVs... RDS is a cable channel. Was not aware they were showing PPVs... or is he the UFCs own commentator if you buy the PPV in french?

1 day ago
3/15/10
MayorPirkle -

This says RDS is showing PPVs... RDS is a cable channel. Was not aware they were showing PPVs... or is he the UFCs own commentator if you buy the PPV in french?

As far as I know they do not. Isn’t it French TSN? He’ll be doing the ESPN cards.

Maybe he’ll do French audio PPV stuff if they do that but doubt it would be free.