UnderGround Forums Glenn Robinson's Daughters Beg Colby to Stop

Edited: 8 days ago
2/7/08

Glenn Robinson's daughters to Colby Covington: Don't use our father's death to promote UFC 245

“It saddens us to even have to make a statement regarding a previous distasteful comment Colby Covington made suggesting our late father, Glenn Robinson, will be watching his upcoming fight from hell. However, after careful thought and consideration, on behalf of our family, we feel it is necessary to defend our father’s name.

“The death of our father is still very raw. Our family is still grieving from his loss, so imagine the hurt we felt to hear such hateful words recklessly said about our father.

“We understand the excitement of building up hype before a fight, but we are sure Colby Covington can get press for his upcoming fight on his own merit and without spewing hateful words towards our father, the founder of the Blackzilians. In fact, our father was the exact opposite of a hateful person. He gave countless opportunities to many people, both personally and professionally. He consistently put everyone else’s best interests before his own. Our father died too young, but we can proudly say he accomplished more during his short life than many others do in a full lifetime.

“Lastly, we did not want to make this statement or to breathe more life into someone that truly has no relevance in our lives, but we will always defend our father, his reputation and his name, the one we share proudly.”

–Written by the daughters of the late Glenn Robinson

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2019/12/glenn-robinson-daughters-respond-colby-covington-ufc-245-hell-comment

8 days ago
11/18/14

burn

3/23/06

I like Colby pushing buttons on everyone but disrespecting the deceased is not cool.

8 days ago
5/14/13

I understand why they'd want that.

I doubt Covington cares though. The Robinson hes making fun of isnt their father, it's the douche who acted like he was a master mma coach because he had enough money to make a team.

8 days ago
10/8/08
maybe she's playing into it for more publicity and ppv buys like masvidal saying they aint boys anymore....thats some bull , they BFF
8 days ago
8/2/11

Well done fuck face. You offended a dead guys family for your own personal monetary gain. 

I won't even watch to see him get beaten  I just won't watch

8 days ago
11/29/11
ThatsHowIRoll -

Well done fuck face. You offended a dead guys family for your own personal monetary gain. 

Surreee

8/4/07
ThatsHowIRoll -

That's how you roll

8 days ago
11/8/08

He didnt say anything hateful about Glenn, but of course nobody ever lets a little thing like lack of truth stop them.

8 days ago
9/17/11

My Dad is dead and I still make fun of that geezer all the time......

8 days ago
1/1/10
JoeHurley -

He didnt say anything hateful about Glenn, but of course nobody ever lets a little thing like lack of truth stop them.

"a previous distasteful comment Colby Covington made suggesting our late father, Glenn Robinson, will be watching his upcoming fight from hell."

Suggesting their Dad is burning in hell? If he said this, it is definitely hateful to people who believe in jeebus.

8 days ago
11/8/08
Loiosh -
JoeHurley -

"a previous distasteful comment Colby Covington made suggesting our late father, Glenn Robinson, will be watching his upcoming fight from hell."

Suggesting their Dad is burning in hell? If he said this, it is definitely hateful to people who believe in jeebus.

Well...I forgot about the burning in hell part. My bad.

8 days ago
2/13/16
JoeHurley -
Loiosh -
JoeHurley -

Well...I forgot about the burning in hell part. My bad.

Lol

8 days ago
2/29/16

Colby went too far on the Hughes and Robinson stuff.

That ATT vs. Blackzillians TUF made me actually like Glenn Robinson. I remember them watching Anthony Johnson fight Gustafsson. The way he celebrated showed how much he cared for those guys. Plus the guy tried to beat Dan Lambert in a race, to which he did pretty good!

8 days ago
12/9/13
ThatsHowIRoll -

its gonna be a hugfest anyway

8 days ago
9/20/19
Loiosh -
JoeHurley -

I’m sure it is, but it’s not on us to accommodate their beliefs. The concept of hell is childish nonsense to the rest of us. Also, guy was a somewhat polarizing public figure. It’s not like he he was some quiet unassuming guy nobody knew of Colby decided to shit on. 

Sucks to have that that mentioned about someone you lost, but there’s context. 

8 days ago
9/5/11
SomeoneToDoYourDirtyWork -

My Dad is dead and I still make fun of that geezer all the time......

Thanks for the green light. I hear your old man’s a real stiff. 

8 days ago
8/2/11
Morpheus1976 -
ThatsHowIRoll -

its gonna be a hugfest anyway

This. And I’m working anyway. Just giving it some keyboard warrior outrage treatment 

8 days ago
10/10/06

He trollin.. y’all triggered little beta cucks

1/23/06
Damn they put a curse on Colby.

8 days ago
12/4/18

Any pics of daughters? 

8 days ago
5/5/12

Had no idea Glenn died. Wow. When and how?

8 days ago
2/29/16
Rimbaud -

Had no idea Glenn died. Wow. When and how?

September 2018. Heart attack I believe.

8 days ago
8/24/15
God Of Thunder -

Any pics of daughters? 

Lol

8 days ago
8/4/07
CRE - Damn they put a curse on Colby.

Explain please