UnderGround Forums Go away Cyborg!

Edited: 12 days ago
9/24/09

I’ve had absolutely enough of her. I was a huge fan of hers forever.  She seems like a really good person and I wish her the best but she is absolutely exhausting when it comes to calling out Amanda. She ran from the UFC specifically not to have to face Amanda again. The UFC offered her the rematch. She didn’t take it. Now that she is in Bellator and there is ZERO percent chance the UFC will Co Promote she is calling out Amanda again. It is so cringe worthy. The UFC wouldn’t co promote for prime Fedor vs Brock. Why would they do it for a match that happened already and wasn’t even competitive. Cyborg is a good person and I hope she makes a ton of money in Bellator and lives happily ever after but please stop pretending like you want any piece of Amanda. It’s extremely fake and inauthentic and no one is buying it. You had the rematch in front of you and you fought Felicia Spencer instead and then ran from the UFC to the safety of Bellator where Amanda could not longer get you. There is no shame in losing to the greatest female fighter of all time. There is shame in running from her and then calling her out repeatedly knowing the fight will never happen. 

12 days ago
1/1/01

she will regret not taking the rematch the rest of her life.Too late now

12 days ago
9/24/09
Winston Wolf -

she will regret not taking the rematch the rest of her life.Too late now

She doesn’t regret it. She doesn’t want to fight Amanda. Look how that fight went. She is just trying to save face. 

12 days ago
6/16/07

Not one single member of any media outlet bothered to ask her if she wanted a rematch why did she sign elsewhere?     She and the entire planet knows there will be co promotion.   But still I have to read stupid headlines of what she “ wants”.    I guess it’s a slow news day.  

12 days ago
3/17/14

she wanted the Nunes fight, I guess you guys forgot she was wearing a Nunes Vs Cyborg 2 shirt while she was in the UFC. Dana is the reason the fight didnt happen...im guessing money...you guys always like to shit on the fighters when that wasnt the case at all

Edited: 12 days ago
9/24/09
knappster -

she wanted the Nunes fight, I guess you guys forgot she was wearing a Nunes Vs Cyborg 2 shirt while she was in the UFC. Dana is the reason the fight didnt happen...im guessing money...you guys always like to shit on the fighters when that wasnt the case at all

Ohhhh. She was wearing a shirt. That solves it. Do your research man. You don’t know what the fuck you are talking about. She had 1 fight on her contract and refused to fight Amanda. Dana tried his ass off to make it. She fought Spencer and fled town. 

12 days ago
9/24/09
knappster -

Was this around the time that she edited a video to make it look like Dana White said something he didn’t and she got caught and had to admit it ?? 

12 days ago
8/8/18

So she didn't want the nunes fight? So what?

12 days ago
4/22/07

I was tired of him beating up little girls and getting called a great person about 10 yrs ago.

12 days ago
12/11/14

Cross promotional fight for her?? Dana probably laughed so hard he shit himself, just like Nunes baby

12 days ago
5/8/13
S Dubaya -
knappster -

Ohhhh. She was wearing a shirt. That solves it. Do your research man. You don’t know what the fuck you are talking about. She had 1 fight on her contract and refused to fight Amanda. Dana tried his ass off to make it. She fought Spencer and fled town. 

If she won she had to stay (champions clause) and she wanted to be a free agent. Dana said no to a one off fight with nunes because he wouldn’t let a champion leave (makes sense business wise).  So who knows if she really wanted it or not. She def wanted to use the leverage of it to make more money n Dana wasn’t having it. He said bye & put it out there she didn’t want the fight lol 

11 days ago
11/28/03

for many years ive only wanted to see cyborg fight fallon fox

11 days ago
9/20/19
ranier wolfcastle -

for many years ive only wanted to see cyborg fight fallon fox

Cyborg would beat the fucking shit out of Fallon 

11 days ago
8/24/02

Yeah she is such a good person she took juice  and got popped how many times? She is fugly to boot

11 days ago
3/14/02

And Nunes is hotter than Cyborg? On what planet? At least Cyborg has a proportional female body, sucks cock, takes facials and that ass.. fuck.

Nunes, completely gross. Given the choice, I'd rather throw a hate-fuck into Nancy Pelosi.

11 days ago
1/30/16
S Dubaya -
knappster -

The ol shirt explanation. I’m wearing a plain green tee, I must be the Hulk.

what an idiot that guy

11 days ago
1/1/01

I picked cyborg first time but said "her punches are looping and she's not the pure boxer Amanda is- if she comes strait in chin up as she often does it'll be like belfort Vs vandelei back in the Stone Age.
I think many of us saw it that way, but great fighters just cannot fear their opponents after years of success. They all just seem like they'll fold cause the others did (see Rousey, Ronda).
And from The first bell I could see that cyborg had no fear of Amanda.
Just like conor didn't understand that the way to beat nate was to kick (in the first fight) and he just thought ("he's a great boxer but I'm conor!") or lay & pray. U cannot box the Diaz brothers o DONT even care if u are Paul Daley.
Cyborg has said nothing to indicate that Amanda has far better standing skills and that cyborg needs to fear that, grab Amanda and try to wear her out.
So she'd only get slept again.
I don't think she fears Amanda ecen now.
She just thought she was caught.
She's lost her legendary status and it will never comes back cause she needed a rematch.
She ran to the money and diminished her legend.
She needed the rematch and a new gameplan and if it failed she could still have gone to belletor.
As someone said- she will regret that forever.
She can't go around saying that Amanda or the ufc is scared. It's laughable even if it's alittle true.
I mean I'm sure Amanda is confident but she likely knows cyborg is the only small threat to her.
She's coming off like conor tearing into Khabib after he was decisively beaten & submitted.
It's just pathetic

11 days ago
1/1/01
danybayamon23 - 
S Dubaya -
knappster -

what an idiot that guy

As I understand it she wanted the rematch but crazy $.
She didn't want to accept that she was the challenger now & the crazy $ deserves to Go to Amanda.
She needed to beat Amanda in the rematch then demand insane $.
SHE NEEDED THE REMATCH.
The ufc did not. Amanda did not.
Cyborg didn't seem to understand this.
I get that it sucks doing the
Rematch as last fight on existing contract but she had lost her last fight.
It is what it is.
Cyborg knew if she lost rematch the ufc probably wouldn't want her anymore and she's be jobless.
She could've gone to bellator Tho & maybe made less than she'd have made after the single losss to Amanda but either way she was coming in off a loss so I don't think the difference would be all that much.
Either way bellator is marketing the second most feared woman in the world as the most feared and everyone knows it.
She herself will alway wonder if she just got caught or Amanda is better. But it falls on her and her manager.
I can't see a single reason the ufc would prop up bellator and risk Amanda Vs the one woman with a small chance to beat her even tho Amanda already smashed her fast. It would make zero sense to the ufc or Amanda.
I'm sure they think Amanda would win again (why wouldn't they?) but they have nothing to gain and much to lose.
Cyborg must know this and all she has left for the rest of her life is to say she's scared or some crap.
If she didn't know that that was her future the second she left the ufc then she didn't really think it thru

10 days ago
3/14/02

It seemed to me, that the UFC had soured on Cyborg and certainly her manager, Tito.

Cyborg was the most dominant female fighter a hell of a lot longer than Nunes.. spanning more time and many organisations.

The whole thing ended cringe. I for one, am a huge fan of Cyborg. She is a very nice, kind person (I've met her here in Brazil) and isn't just another arrogant bull-dyke. Cyborg easily won all her fights until getting caught by Nunes. She's still active, and yes, I'd like to see a rematch. I'm sure she learned from that loss and will be much better prepared next time.

Kinda like unbeatable Couture, she got away from her strengths and got felled like Couture (boxing the Iceman)

Everyone piles on Cyborg as if she is/was a 'nothing' - Wrong-minded. Short memories.

10 days ago
1/1/01
Bill Mahoney -
danybayamon23 - 
S Dubaya -
knappster -

what an idiot that guy

As I understand it she wanted the rematch but crazy $.
She didn't want to accept that she was the challenger now & the crazy $ deserves to Go to Amanda.
She needed to beat Amanda in the rematch then demand insane $.
SHE NEEDED THE REMATCH.
The ufc did not. Amanda did not.
Cyborg didn't seem to understand this.
I get that it sucks doing the
Rematch as last fight on existing contract but she had lost her last fight.
It is what it is.
Cyborg knew if she lost rematch the ufc probably wouldn't want her anymore and she's be jobless.
She could've gone to bellator Tho & maybe made less than she'd have made after the single losss to Amanda but either way she was coming in off a loss so I don't think the difference would be all that much.
Either way bellator is marketing the second most feared woman in the world as the most feared and everyone knows it.
She herself will alway wonder if she just got caught or Amanda is better. But it falls on her and her manager.
I can't see a single reason the ufc would prop up bellator and risk Amanda Vs the one woman with a small chance to beat her even tho Amanda already smashed her fast. It would make zero sense to the ufc or Amanda.
I'm sure they think Amanda would win again (why wouldn't they?) but they have nothing to gain and much to lose.
Cyborg must know this and all she has left for the rest of her life is to say she's scared or some crap.
If she didn't know that that was her future the second she left the ufc then she didn't really think it thru

Its crazy... to the hardcore fans, Nunes vs Cyborg II would have been one of the biggest fights in WMMA history and it did not happen because Cyborg left for Bellator.

Right before that, Mighty Mouse vs Cejudo III would have been the biggest fight in FLW history and it did not happen because Johnson left for ONE.

Big fights like those not happening due to the promotions issue is something that will always hurt the fans.

MMA is only as great as it is because UFC has like 80% of the top 20 ranked fighters. If top 20/top 30 get more spread out between UFC/Bellator/ONE/RIZIN/ACA/PFL etc.... that only keeps more and more big fights from getting made.

10 days ago
1/1/01

She did exactly the same thing with Ronda from the beginning.  The UFC's first female fight was supposed to be cyborg vs ronda.  She wanted no part of it.  Asked to be released then spend the next 5 years calling out Ronda from Invicta.  Kept making every excuse in the book why she couldn't join the UFC.    She fell back on the excuse that it was too hard for her to lose the ten pounds to make 135 but continued to do lifting and a regime that added pounds.

10 days ago
1/1/01
Soup and Beer - 

She did exactly the same thing with Ronda from the beginning.  The UFC's first female fight was supposed to be cyborg vs ronda.  She wanted no part of it.  Asked to be released then spend the next 5 years calling out Ronda from Invicta.  Kept making every excuse in the book why she couldn't join the UFC.    She fell back on the excuse that it was too hard for her to lose the ten pounds to make 135 but continued to do lifting and a regime that added pounds.

Yep, the only reason her record is so pretty compared to someone like Hendo, Randy, Penn etc... is because there is no talent pool where she competes up at FW so she can pretend to be on a run that is as notable as GSPs, Fedors etc... because the casual fans don't understand the talent pools.