Invalid thread page

UnderGround Forums God blesses Yoel with 27 million!

5/29/19 7:10 AM
7/28/08

I'd use the judgement as leverage to Ink a sweet endorsement

5/29/19 7:15 AM
2/12/12

Well that's gotta make him the 3rd highest paid mma fighter of all time? Good for him.

5/29/19 8:20 AM
11/14/16
fng1 -

Well that's gotta make him the 3rd highest paid mma fighter of all time? Good for him.

Not a chance in hell he gets much over a tiny fraction, if that. That company will sue for bankruptcy protection and then drag this entire sorry mess out through legal loopholes and procedures for the next 15 years or more. I’m glad, however, that these companies who are far too lackadaisical in the purity of ingredients, quality control, and ingredients listed on the labels, are going to have to worry that they are next. These companies are putting out products that are containing banned substances and the first time their pro customers know about it, is when they are flagged as cheaters. These fighters, who are innocent, now have an asterisk attached to their career accomplishments in the eyes of most mma fans. This strikes me as unbelievably unfair. I think Usada, and their unwillingness to admit that they are wrong, are to blame too. Why the fuck should these fighters still have to have a minimum of a 6 month suspension if they are shown to have ingested these substances via tainted supplements. I hope these supplements companies get their shit together and, if they continue in the same lane, loose every asset that they have. UFC needs to reign usada in and insist they change their policy on tainted supplements. I realize that some of these fighters are actually cheating and simply use supplements as an excuse. There are way more, however, that are innocent and simply don’t have the money for testing and arbitration. These supplement companies are now going to be worried about their ability to defend themselves against athletes lawsuits and that’s a good thing in my book 

5/29/19 8:29 AM
1/9/11

Fuck yea, clean soldier of God gets paid.

5/29/19 8:42 AM
1/1/01
Chalk up a win for gay jeeeejus!!!!!
5/29/19 8:56 AM
7/15/02

I guess we're all still pretending that Romero didn't purposely use these supplements because he knew they'd be tainted and he'd have an excuse?

5/29/19 9:33 AM
1/23/06

5/29/19 9:34 AM
1/23/06

5/29/19 10:12 AM
10/24/14

Everyone on this forum just says the same thing and it’s whatever the first guy says lmao. Just random things with no proof but sound correct. 

5/29/19 10:24 AM
4/6/12
stringtheory -

Everyone on this forum just says the same thing and it’s whatever the first guy says lmao. Just random things with no proof but sound correct. 

Welcome to the interwebz 

5/29/19 7:36 PM
11/28/03

think of all the steroids u could but with 27 mill!!!

5/30/19 1:31 AM
8/15/18

I can't help but laugh out loud, this is amazing. Get your money Yoel! Lmao #blessed

Edited: 5/30/19 2:04 AM
1/17/19

Glad to hear about him. 

5/30/19 2:40 AM
7/31/09
Piyo -

I guess we're all still pretending that Romero didn't purposely use these supplements because he knew they'd be tainted and he'd have an excuse?

I ain't even mad if that's what he did.  Still puts companies on notice.

5/30/19 5:17 AM
9/22/05

Congrats to him!

5/30/19 6:53 AM
6/20/14

Lol he will be lucky to get 500k 

That company can not pay out 27 million 

5/30/19 7:25 AM
10/24/14
TwoCheekSneak -

Lol he will be lucky to get 500k 

That company can not pay out 27 million 

Lmao the perfect example of what I said earlier 

5/30/19 7:29 AM
6/28/10
ranier wolfcastle -

think of all the steroids u could but with 27 mill!!!

Thats nice and all but think of all the women you can but with 27m.

5/30/19 2:19 PM
6/28/11

Posted this in the other thread, but thought it'd be helpful here as well:

"I'm a lawyer.  A consumer protection lawyer, in fact.

If my understanding is correct, this is meaningless and it's highly unlikely Romero sees even a dollar.

Romero was awarded a "default judgment," meaning his lawyer filed the lawsuit and the other side NEVER RESPONDED.  Indeed, Romero's lawyer probably drafted the judgment for the court to enter, and the judgment itself was probably entered by the clerk.

In other words, this is what happens when your own lawyer writes your own "justice" against no opposition whatsoever.

Moreover, my expectation is that the reason the other side didn't respond is because it's not a legitimate US-based company, it's ownership is probably located overseas and held through various other corporate entities, and whatever corporate existence it has stateside undoubtedly holds no assets.

You can do this too.  Go to the courthouse, file a lawsuit against a shell company claiming a billion dollars in damages, serve the papers on their maildrop address, and watch what happens.  They won't respond, and you'll get a default for a billion dollars.  It's meaningless."

Edited: 5/30/19 7:10 PM
11/14/16
MTH -

If my understanding is correct, this is meaningless and it's highly unlikely Romero sees even a dollar.

Romero was awarded a "default judgment," meaning his lawyer filed the lawsuit and the other side NEVER RESPONDED.  Indeed, Romero's lawyer probably drafted the judgment for the court to enter, and the judgment itself was probably entered by the clerk.

In other words, this is what happens when your own lawyer writes your own "justice" against no opposition whatsoever.

Moreover, my expectation is that the reason the other side didn't respond is because it's not a legitimate US-based company, it's ownership is probably located overseas and held through various other corporate entities, and whatever corporate existence it has stateside undoubtedly holds no assets.

You can do this too.  Go to the courthouse, file a lawsuit against a shell company claiming a billion dollars in damages, serve the papers on their maildrop address, and watch what happens.  They won't respond, and you'll get a default for a billion dollars.  It's meaningless."

GoldStar Performance Products
120 Eagle Rock Ave.
Suite 326 East Hanover, NJ 07936

Phone: 973.882.5300
Fax: 973.882.5301

So...........looks US to me. Off their corporate website. 

5/30/19 10:54 PM
6/28/11
Trumpsstinkypinky -
MTH -

GoldStar Performance Products
120 Eagle Rock Ave.
Suite 326 East Hanover, NJ 07936

Phone: 973.882.5300
Fax: 973.882.5301

So...........looks US to me. Off their corporate website. 

That’s a “virtual office.” A mail drop. Just googling it brings you to Davinci Virtual, a company I have personally subpoenaed before regarding the provision of similar virtual offices to other dubious entities.

To be clear, the undoubtedly give the appearance of a US presence. But that doesn’t mean anything if there’s no substance to it. 

The fact that Romero got a default judgment (again, meaning the company didn’t respond and the court just gave Romero’s lawyers whatever they requested) suggests Gold Star either isn’t monitoring the mailbox or doesn’t care what lands there. 

6/24/19 2:09 PM
12/29/06

Good for him, though awarded is not him getting paid (as said above).

I would presume the company makes enough and maybe it's structured over 5 years or something. No judge who had any sense would award more than could be paid. It's a basis for appeal.

6/24/19 3:18 PM
6/5/12
knot eye -

I can really see Yoel doing some good things with that money. Good for him. 

He's going to be up to his ears eating out strippers from miami to cuba for years!

6/25/19 3:46 AM
1/8/04
I'm not sure how this shit works, but didn't Hulk Hogan win a $140M lawsuit against Gawker but pocketed only a couple million?
6/25/19 6:37 AM
6/14/12

Lawyer filed suit. Co didnt respond to suit. 

Default judgement. Yoel wont see shit prolly . 

MG law explauned in other thread.