UnderGround Forums Greg Hardy just used an INHALER between rounds!

10/19/19 6:59 PM
12/28/12
CobraKaiRep -
DarthBader -
El_Geronimo_de_Gato -
Pittshady -

Albuterol takes between 5 and 15 mins to work. Fight was probably over before it took effect.  Why even use it?

I use  ventolin inhaler occassionally when at work ( i get allergy induced asthma attacks ).

It fucking works immediately. 

Immediately.

Lmao you have the hand of a 14 year old girl, might wanna cut down on the soy buddy.

I kinda understand you being such a sulking cunt on this forum now, I mean you obviously are a genetic misfit, now go take another puff of that inhalator so you dont end up like a bloated Hardy in the 3rd round from reading this.

Well that took a quick turn into look at how much of an asshole I am

Sup with the assholeness asshole?

10/19/19 7:04 PM
6/14/12
Pittshady -
El_Geronimo_de_Gato -

If it took 15 minutes to work id be dead.

Also, if he has " excercise induced asthma", as he claims, WHY DID HE CHOOSE A CARDIOVASCULAR BASED PROFESSIONAL SPORTS CAREER !?!?

Natural selection says find a new gig.

I disagree. I’ve had exercise endured asthma my whole live. I played  football, ice hockey, and train BJJ.  The inhailor was never immediate for me. With Ice hockey, an anaerobic sport, the results were not immediate.  Using my inhailor 15 minutes prior to a game or rolling helped.  My point is, Hardy could have used his inhailor prior to his fight or better results than being a dumbass and using it mid fight for all to see. 

You from shady side in pittsburgh by any chance ? 

Good insights also. Thanks man. 

10/19/19 8:11 PM
3/12/12
El_Geronimo_de_Gato -
Pittshady -
El_Geronimo_de_Gato -

Also, if he has " excercise induced asthma", as he claims, WHY DID HE CHOOSE A CARDIOVASCULAR BASED PROFESSIONAL SPORTS CAREER !?!?

I disagree. I’ve had exercise endured asthma my whole live. I played  football, ice hockey, and train BJJ.  The inhailor was never immediate for me. With Ice hockey, an anaerobic sport, the results were not immediate.  Using my inhailor 15 minutes prior to a game or rolling helped.  My point is, Hardy could have used his inhailor prior to his fight or better results than being a dumbass and using it mid fight for all to see. 

Ha. Great observation!  I created this handle when I lived in Shadyside 20 years ago. Moved around a lot but now about 40 miles east of Pittsburgh now. 

10/19/19 8:14 PM
6/14/12
Pittshady -
El_Geronimo_de_Gato -
Pittshady -
El_Geronimo_de_Gato -

Ha. Great observation!  I created this handle when I lived in Shadyside 20 years ago. Moved around a lot but now about 40 miles east of Pittsburgh now. 

Im in slippery rock.

You ever want to grab a beer i got you homie !

Edited: 10/19/19 11:14 PM
9/20/13

Remember a few Olympics ago where it got leaked that a lot of the biggest winners like Michael Phelps and Simone Byles had TUEs to use inhalors because they had been diagnosed with Asthma? I laughed so hard when I read it. Basically you need to have Asthma to become a world class athlete. I think the use of these is a lot more prevalent than people think. They are just not stupid enough to use it when the cameras are on them like Hardy. 

10/19/19 11:40 PM
6/27/02
Kong Morten -

Remember a few Olympics ago where it got leaked that a lot of the biggest winners like Michael Phelps and Simone Byles had TUEs to use inhalors because they had been diagnosed with Asthma? I laughed so hard when I read it. Basically you need to have Asthma to become a world class athlete. I think the use of these is a lot more prevalent than people think. They are just not stupid enough to use it when the cameras are on them like Hardy. 

Man, wish I knew this when I was training. 

10/20/19 9:05 AM
8/20/16

Is there any chance the inhaler could be used to cover up for a different PED? Meaning, he's been doping with X and gets an exemption for the inhaler (which contains a small amount of X) and then uses the inhaler during the fight because he knows he's going to test positive for X that night?

But that's not even necessary, I'm sure he'd still benefit from the inhaler itself going into the third round, even if it takes five minutes for the inhaler to fully work.

10/20/19 9:57 AM
7/22/15

I thought they were bringing Greg in to fight women, wasn't that suppose to be the attraction?

10/20/19 10:05 AM
7/10/02
I'm sure it must work quickly since people having asthma crisis would be in real trouble. Still, you can't let a guy use that between rounds! WTF

10/20/19 10:55 AM
9/13/18

He was super cocky about it too lol "get me my inhaler! It's UsADA approved!!" he sucks at fighting too... Send this bum to the wrestling world... 

10/20/19 11:27 AM
11/16/09
MasterofMartialArts -

Does anyone here have asthma or understand how it works? Why would we want/need to use it during a fight? 

I'm pretty sure, and this is like, just my opinion man, but, I'm pretty sure an overwhelming majority of people on earth have asthma. The question isn't whether you have it. The question is, at what level of exertion does it hit you. 

There are people who just have asthma, where they can have an attack just walking down the road. Then there are people who get exercise induced asthma. For some people it hits them at say, and I'll use a cycling term here, 70% FTP (functional threshold power), and for others it hits at like 98% FTP.

It's the only way to explain how an overwhelming majority of ultra elite endurance athletes have "asthma". Those mother fuckers do not have asthma attacks, unless they are running a marathon at a pace faster than you can run 400m. Or cycling up the side of a mountain, faster than you can ride on a flat. You get the idea. 

If you don't think you have asthma, it's possible you've never put yourself deep enough into the pain cave for it to rear its ugly head.

It's fucking bizarre for someone who doesn't normally have it. It feels like your ears are popping, or you're underwater, or in a tunnel. Everything gets echoey. Breathing gets harder. You start to get tunnel vision.

10/20/19 11:32 AM
11/16/09
Kong Morten -

I think that they don't have asthma in the way mikey in kindergarten who wheezed when he breathed had asthma. They have asthma in the way that, they are pushing their bodies so hard they reach a level of exertion where they have asthma.

Exercise enduced asthma is a real thing. Check out my post above. It's a weird thing, it happens to me, I didn't know I had it until I was like 19/20, and I did quarter length mini triathalons through most of my early teens. The question is, should those people be allowed to use an inhaler, because they've pushed their bodies so fucking hard that they start to short circuit? In competition I sort of feel like, keep it within the limits or deal with blowing out your engine. So no they shouldn't.

10/20/19 11:34 AM
3/21/12

Osbot say you're going at 95% effort and exercise induced asthma kicks in, if you back off and rest does it go away?

10/20/19 2:20 PM
6/14/12
TzTinkle -

Osbot say you're going at 95% effort and exercise induced asthma kicks in, if you back off and rest does it go away?

not always without the help of medicine, and without medicine it can take hours to recover your breathing. if you recover your breathing. dude was gassed and cheated. period.  should be getting a lot more scrutiny imo especially considering the checkered past of the idiot who did it.

10/20/19 3:51 PM
9/20/13
Osbot -
MasterofMartialArts -

Does anyone here have asthma or understand how it works? Why would we want/need to use it during a fight? 

I'm pretty sure, and this is like, just my opinion man, but, I'm pretty sure an overwhelming majority of people on earth have asthma. The question isn't whether you have it. The question is, at what level of exertion does it hit you. 

There are people who just have asthma, where they can have an attack just walking down the road. Then there are people who get exercise induced asthma. For some people it hits them at say, and I'll use a cycling term here, 70% FTP (functional threshold power), and for others it hits at like 98% FTP.

It's the only way to explain how an overwhelming majority of ultra elite endurance athletes have "asthma". Those mother fuckers do not have asthma attacks, unless they are running a marathon at a pace faster than you can run 400m. Or cycling up the side of a mountain, faster than you can ride on a flat. You get the idea. 

If you don't think you have asthma, it's possible you've never put yourself deep enough into the pain cave for it to rear its ugly head.

It's fucking bizarre for someone who doesn't normally have it. It feels like your ears are popping, or you're underwater, or in a tunnel. Everything gets echoey. Breathing gets harder. You start to get tunnel vision.

This is honestly fascinating. But does it justify the use of it?

Not saying that's what you mean, but I'm genuinely curious to hear the oppinion from some one who has experienced it. 

10/20/19 4:44 PM
12/9/13

that whole NFL is a fix

10/20/19 6:03 PM
11/16/09
TzTinkle -

For me it typically does, but I'm blown, and the threshold is much lower until I get a real recovery period.

Let's say it kicks in at 95%, if I back off and I mean REALLY back off, I won't be able to go above like 80% without it coming back, without a significant rest period.

10/20/19 6:05 PM
11/16/09
Kong Morten -
Osbot -
MasterofMartialArts -

This is honestly fascinating. But does it justify the use of it?

Not saying that's what you mean, but I'm genuinely curious to hear the oppinion from some one who has experienced it. 

I don't know. Sometimes I feel like, treat your body like a race car, if you redline the RPMs and you blow out your engine, well that's on you. On the other hand, maybe they should just let everyone use inhalers if they reach that limit? I dunno. I flip flop on it.

10/20/19 6:36 PM
10/9/10
Osbot -
MasterofMartialArts -

That’s interesting, I had no idea this existed on such a large scale. Is it like a “regular” asthma attack where you can’t breathe because your lungs aren’t contracted, in addition to what you said? 

I don’t think I have it. I’m 31 right now. From ages 5 to 18 I played competitive basketball for school and in leagues (among other sports). Since I graduated I just play recreationally. But I have trained Kickboxing and Muay Thai on and off for the last decade. I don’t know what threshold I’ve reached, but I’d say it’s pretty close to 90-95 percent. For years in basketball we ran suicides, up and down the bleachers over and over, laps around school, defensive drills until we couldn’t stand up or we were throwing up. 

Between running, biking, sparring and high interval training, I’ve pushed myself pretty damn hard. It’s probably why I have tendinitis in both knees. I’m sure there’s a level I haven’t reached before, and I’m not arrogant, there are plenty of people who work harder than me. 

Perhaps I haven’t been far enough yet, maybe I don’t have it. Idk. Either way, I believe you, that’s pretty interesting and makes sense from a biological perspective. 

10/20/19 10:33 PM
1/22/05

It just opens up your airways if they are constricted(wheezing). It’s not going to help your cardio. Yes if you are experiencing bronchoconstriction it will help but it won’t add gas to your tank. 

10/20/19 10:34 PM
1/22/05

Not saying he should be allowed to use it btw

10/21/19 1:03 AM
2/8/12
DarthBader -
El_Geronimo_de_Gato -
Pittshady -

Albuterol takes between 5 and 15 mins to work. Fight was probably over before it took effect.  Why even use it?

I use  ventolin inhaler occassionally when at work ( i get allergy induced asthma attacks ).

Immediately.

Lmao you have the hand of a 14 year old girl, might wanna cut down on the soy buddy.

I kinda understand you being such a sulking cunt on this forum now, I mean you obviously are a genetic misfit, now go take another puff of that inhalator so you dont end up like a bloated Hardy in the 3rd round from reading this.

You are part of the reason the UG is a Ghostown.  

10/21/19 1:04 AM
2/8/12
El_Geronimo_de_Gato -
DarthBader -
El_Geronimo_de_Gato -
Pittshady -

Immediately.

Thanks man. I get a lot of compliments from girls on my hands.Hands are genetic btw Francis Collins. Not soy developed.

15 years of BJJ et al says ill death grip the fuck outta you and i dont need sausage fingers to do it.

I play a mean guitar also.

Only a ghey or a pedo would’ve criticized your hand.  Take it with a grain of salt. 

10/21/19 6:18 AM
2/8/12
Rakoshi -

Just saw Dana on IG making excuses for the big lug ... “Oh, he didn’t know, it’s not his fault, he didn’t understand.”

I call #1 BoooolShit! 

He’s throwing his good buddy Din Thomas under the bus for the blame any chance he gets.  Dana is probably just upset it’s not a win on Hardy’s record. lol

10/21/19 6:23 AM
2/8/12
blabbermouth -

Is there any chance the inhaler could be used to cover up for a different PED? Meaning, he's been doping with X and gets an exemption for the inhaler (which contains a small amount of X) and then uses the inhaler during the fight because he knows he's going to test positive for X that night?

But that's not even necessary, I'm sure he'd still benefit from the inhaler itself going into the third round, even if it takes five minutes for the inhaler to fully work.

I’m sure the dopers have figured out cover drugs, for sure, but in this case I think Hardy is just really dumb lol.