UnderGround Forums Haku/Meng in UFC 4

28 days ago
12/22/18

Its known that they tried to get Haku for an early UFC but WCW refused. Would he have won it all?

27 days ago
1/22/05
No. He was just a tough Samoan. He had no skillset. Severn would have put him on his back. Royce would have submitted him.
27 days ago
1/22/05
Tongan*
27 days ago
6/3/10

Would have beat half the guys most likely, doubt he would win. His toughness was always from jamming fingers in guys eyes, biting, and being an overall bastard in a fight. Who knows, but I doubt he ascends farther than tank did. 

27 days ago
12/22/18

Royce couldn't handle kimo. Meng is bigger and stronger.

27 days ago
1/22/05
Bukabuki - 

Kimo had actually spent a year training BJJ, and had some basic understanding of escapes and submissions. Meng knew none of that.

Plus Kimo's wrestling was better too. He had a nice ankle pick.
27 days ago
12/22/18

I always thought the kimo and Royce fight to be a work. They were low-key friends.

27 days ago
12/22/18

Im still not convinced royce wouldnt get smashed. Meng had way better standup than severn. I could see him landing a big kick

27 days ago
1/1/01
Meng's fighting prowess is probably a bigger myth than Bruce Lee's.
27 days ago
12/22/18

Bruce could have taken Royce. Watch you mouth.

27 days ago
6/22/03
Bukabuki - 

I always thought the kimo and Royce fight to be a work. They were low-key friends.

Kimo made Royce look beatable for the first time and might have won that fight if he had a shaved head. Kimo damaged Royce so much that he couldn't fight in the finals.

Doesn't sound like a friendly work to me.
27 days ago
9/27/15
If Haku entered UFC 4, he would not do very well and would finally get exposed for being the just average tough fighter he was..he was a big, strong and mean guy but had NO boxing, karate or grappling experience! He would have to get paired against the right opponent to even make it the first round..

I cringe when fans and other pro wrestlers have to think to decide who would win between Brock Lesnar and Haku in a fight...wtf
27 days ago
8/20/16
Lots of people on this thread saying he had no fight training. He was a sumo wrestler, and a pretty good one.
27 days ago
1/1/01
Haku was a decent street fighter by all accounts, but I am having a hard time making the leap to UFC tournament champion.
27 days ago
12/4/06
Bukabuki -

Uh Royce won

27 days ago
6/22/07
Bukabuki - 

That's why Royce was unable to continue in the tournament!
27 days ago
12/22/18

They had to end Royces streak and it was a classic pro wrestling angle-win but too hurt to continue. Don't forget that the Gracies were a proswrestling family in Brazil.

27 days ago
12/22/18

All prowrestlers pick haku over lesner. They would have the most insight. 

27 days ago
1/8/04
JOB - 
Bukabuki - 

Kimo had actually spent a year training BJJ, and had some basic understanding of escapes and submissions. Meng knew none of that.

Plus Kimo's wrestling was better too. He had a nice ankle pick.

Kimo's wrestling wasn't better. Both Haku and the Barbarian trained Sumo for years before joining the WWF.
27 days ago
12/22/18

Barbarian-another tough guy that would have done well if not win.

27 days ago
2/23/12
Bukabuki -

I doubt he’d have beat minawa in a MMA fight, let alone the guy who won the heavyweight title 

27 days ago
12/22/18
Jored1990 -
Bukabuki -

I doubt he’d have beat minawa in a MMA fight, let alone the guy who won the heavyweight title 

Wrestlers know who are the toughest in the locker room. Angle already embarrassed lesner. Heck even mr perfect took down lesner on an airplane.

27 days ago
1/1/01
Bukabuki - 
Jored1990 -
Bukabuki -

Wrestlers know who are the toughest in the locker room. Angle already embarrassed lesner. Heck even mr perfect took down lesner on an airplane.

No they don't. You don't know until they fight.

The stories that make Meng so tough involve him biting men and eye gouging.

Several wrestlers said Meng could take Lesnar on the street but that Lesnar would still win a MMA fight.
27 days ago
12/22/18

Meng is stronger than lesner. Heck john cena is confirmed stronger than lesner by big show. 

27 days ago
2/23/12
Bukabuki -
Jored1990 -
Bukabuki -

Wasn’t Bradshaw meant to be a tough guy? He was a completely uncoordinated lummox in the brawl for all like everybody in that tournament. Kurt Angle isn’t really in the same league athletically as the rest of those lunk heads. Minowa snaps his shit up in less than a minute