UnderGround Forums Happy birthday, Eddie Alvarez!

6 days ago
9/26/02
Edward Alvarez is an American mixed martial artist who currently fights for ONE Championship. He formerly competed in the UFC and Bellator MMA, winning world titles in each: the UFC Lightweight Championship once and the Bellator Lightweight World Championship twice.

Born: 11 January 1984 (age 37 years), Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
6 days ago
9/26/02

6 days ago
9/26/02

5 days ago
1/1/01

HBD

5 days ago
1/5/11

Like it soup.

Eddie is an awesome guy. Met him one day in Boston. He was fighting in bellator, weigh ins on  a Friday night. I was across the street going to a concert. Started to talking to a few dudes at bar, they were his corner. He was still at the venue 

About 1/2 hr later, eddie comes in to say hi. All by himself, just heard there were 2 fight fans across the street. He was cool as shit, hung out for a solid 10-15. Just a nice guy. Fucking hell of a fighter, but a very nice guy. Was nice to meet him and thank him for the entertainment.

5 days ago
5/13/05
choadler -

Like it soup.

Eddie is an awesome guy. Met him one day in Boston. He was fighting in bellator, weigh ins on  a Friday night. I was across the street going to a concert. Started to talking to a few dudes at bar, they were his corner. He was still at the venue 

About 1/2 hr later, eddie comes in to say hi. All by himself, just heard there were 2 fight fans across the street. He was cool as shit, hung out for a solid 10-15. Just a nice guy. Fucking hell of a fighter, but a very nice guy. Was nice to meet him and thank him for the entertainment.

Back around 03-04 he would do 40+ hours a week at a construction job and then train at night non stop. He had his first fight with less than a year of mma training. He was getting paid more than any regional fighter at that time because he would have a ton of philly people rent out yellow school buses and go up to Atlantic City to see him fight for regional shows. Dana tried signing him a few times but always lowballed him until he finally signed. 

5 days ago
5/13/05

He grew up down the street from one of my best childhood friends in Kensington and became a great success story. He is a real example of a champion in and out of the ring.