UnderGround Forums Hilarious ESPN streaming problems...

4/13/19 10:56 PM
6/17/16

...when the illegal streams are flawless HD and hassle-free. I haven't had to change any channels, re-boot my browser, avoid pop-ups, login or logout, or any of that shit. These guys watching UFC on TV in England and elsewhere really have it good, I'm telling you.

Flame away if you want to berate me for being a scummy theif and not supporting the fighters but all you sad fucks that are willing to pay for every single thing the UFC sells you have been getting taken for a ride for awhile now. Maybe this ESPN shit will finally wake you up and make you demand more for your money.

If the UFC just had a cheap, easy-to-access media platform I suspect they would make a lot more money.

4/13/19 10:59 PM
7/27/04
Target_the_Gash -

...when the illegal streams are flawless HD and hassle-free. I haven't had to change any channels, re-boot my browser, avoid pop-ups, login or logout, or any of that shit. These guys watching UFC on TV in England and elsewhere really have it good, I'm telling you.

Flame away if you want to berate me for being a scummy theif and not supporting the fighters but all you sad fucks that are willing to pay for every single thing the UFC sells you have been getting taken for a ride for awhile now. Maybe this ESPN shit will finally wake you up and make you demand more for your money.

If the UFC just had a cheap, easy-to-access media platform I suspect they would make a lot more money.

Scummy theif

4/13/19 11:06 PM
6/17/16
EKPOGI -
Target_the_Gash -

Scummy theif

Ow, the truth hurts.   :(

9/21/11

Don't berate the ones willing to pay. They're subsidizing your thievery. You're welcome.

8/6/08
Target_the_Gash -

Link bro?

4/13/19 11:25 PM
11/10/18
Target_the_Gash -

I agree with you 100%. Fuck the ufc for expecting the US and Canada to pay for the rest of the world. I’ve probably purchased over 150 ppv’s over the years, maybe more. I won’t buy another.

4/13/19 11:40 PM
7/27/04
Eskimo -
Target_the_Gash -

I agree with you 100%. Fuck the ufc for expecting the US and Canada to pay for the rest of the world. I’ve probably purchased over 150 ppv’s over the years, maybe more. I won’t buy another.

This,should be just Canada paying.

4/13/19 11:47 PM
1/1/01
Comments from reddit:

"No rewinding? No pausing? So if I miss the ppv @7pm I gotta wait until 10pm before I can watch. Sweet, that's way better than directv w/ dvr!"

"Gave up after an hour.... fuck"

"Crashes every 10 minutes and I have to refresh each time. Fuck you dana."

"Keeps sending me back to the buy the fight page and then an error page when I click buy it again. Can't watch the fights :("

"Had the same issue, gave up and will never buy an espn PPV."

"Tried to watch on my Apple TV. Said I couldn’t purchase. Drove to the bar. Horse shit."

"I don't know how any of you guys are getting through I've been at this for an hour."

"49 mb/s download speed and stream is still choppy as fuck"

"jesus christ, i had to try this like 40 times and finally got it. what a pain in the ass."

"I've tried many times to buy it with no luck. Just take my money plz"

4/13/19 11:51 PM
3/16/15

I have been streaming ever since Art Vandelay hooked me up with a great membership website.

RIP ArtV

4/13/19 11:53 PM
7/27/04
springfield - Comments from reddit:

"No rewinding? No pausing? So if I miss the ppv @7pm I gotta wait until 10pm before I can watch. Sweet, that's way better than directv w/ dvr!"

"Keeps sending me back to the buy the fight page and then an error page when I click buy it again. Can't watch the fights :("

"Tried to watch on my Apple TV. Said I couldn’t purchase. Drove to the bar. Horse shit."

"I don't know how any of you guys are getting through I've been at this for an hour."

"jesus christ, i had to try this like 40 times and finally got it. what a pain in the ass."

Fuck Reddit and those homos that use them

4/13/19 11:54 PM
9/7/18
gokudamus -
Target_the_Gash -

Link bro?

4/14/19 12:48 AM
1/10/13

I debated buying this card. I actually subscribed to ESPN+ with the intentions of giving ESPN's PPV a try. The stream quality of the prelims was absolute garbage. It seemed to repeatedly switch between SD and HD and was skipping the entire time. This is such a horrible move, I'll never buy another PPV if it requires going through ESPN+.

4/14/19 12:55 AM
1/1/01

fight is live on youtube

4/14/19 1:25 AM
7/24/12

Watched through firetv and it was flawless the whole time.

4/14/19 1:27 AM
8/7/08

Agree with OP 100%.

ESPN+ is a pain in the ass.

Thanks again for the link, Gash!

4/14/19 1:41 AM
6/17/16
gokudamus -
Target_the_Gash -

Link bro?

Sorry dude I got busy and neglectd my thread, otherwise I would have sent it to you. DM me if you still want it.

4/14/19 1:42 AM
6/17/16
Shepherd Wong -

Agree with OP 100%.

ESPN+ is a pain in the ass.

Thanks again for the link, Gash!

No problem, thank Reddit. I got it there last year some time when I finally threw the towel all the way in.

4/14/19 1:43 AM
3/6/07

Only problem I had was when they were about to announce the winner of main event. 

Espn cut out. 

4/14/19 1:48 AM
6/17/16
Eskimo -
Target_the_Gash -

It is gay. That is what finally got me to stop buying. I was like: 'Oh, you can afford to give shit away or sell it to everybody else for $30 or less but you have to stick it to your home crowd for every last penny?'

Fuck that sit, the only reason there are abundant streams is because they put the shit on cable elsewhere. the whole thing is stupid.

I'm trying to quit bitching about this shit though it's defnitely lame to keep carrying on about it and I have posted more than my fair share of posts lamenting the situation. It is what it is, I say just do what you gotta do however things may be and if they sort it out to my liking at some point I'll come back on board. I'm not going to spend too much time worrying about something as petty as watching sports on TV.

Edited: 4/14/19 8:21 AM
12/27/10

I can't wait until the big card in July when I have a few friends over, get food and beer, and then struggle for an hour trying to get the show to play.  I understand this was their first show, but the interest wasn't that high for the show and they still failed miserably. In July they will have 4-5 times as many people trying to access the show and I dont see the outcome being good.

I just hate the idea of only having one platform available (legally) to watch the show. They should have kept the shows on Fight Pass too to share the load and provide a backup. 

4/14/19 9:41 AM
6/8/10
EKPOGI -
springfield - Comments from reddit:

Fuck Reddit and those homos that use them

Guess I'm a homo because I was in a hotel room and there was nowhere even remotely close to watch it, I had a perfect HD stream that didn't buffer once. 

4/14/19 9:53 AM
2/14/14

I watch UFC ppv on espn and zero issues.. time to upgrade your internet 

4/14/19 11:48 AM
10/16/06

Tried to give them my money for 15 minutes with no success... after that I enjoyed a not perfect, but acceptable illegal stream.

get your shit together UFC

4/14/19 11:54 AM
3/4/18

Getting the ufc for free on BT Sport is great. 

Edited: 4/14/19 12:49 PM
11/10/18
The Ghost of REED ROTHCHILD -

I watch UFC ppv on espn and zero issues.. time to upgrade your internet 

You do realize that 80% of the country has one internet option, right? Of course you don’t, because you’re 15 years old. 

My internet has an average download speed of 112 mbps and I’ve had trouble with the espn plus app both times I used it. I didn’t even try it last night so I have no idea if it was better or worse. It’s a shit platform.