UnderGround Forums Holloway vs Edgar verbally agreed Ufc 243

5/14/19 1:09 AM
3/26/13
Ozamataz Buckshank -

Not that volkanovski doesn't deserve it, because he does, but people seem to be forgetting that Frankie gave up his last title shot after Max pulled out of 222. He didn't have to take the fight vs Ortega and I respect the fact that he put everything on the line rather than cancelling. I still want to see this match-up and it's now or never because he's not getting any younger. 

This.

I have no problem with Frankie getting his shot at Max. Should be a fun fight.

5/14/19 10:45 AM
6/2/04
Hocky - 
Jamie nove -

Such a bullshit fight to make Edgar is 1-1 in his last 2. Volkanovski just beat the number 1 contender and should be getting the the title shot no doubt about it

I think this will be the 4th or 5th time that he’s challenging for a UFC belt.

Sure, but he won the belt in his first attempt, defended it a few times, and got an immediate rematch when he lost the belt because it was a razor thin decision...and a large amount of the population thought he won the rematch. So let's not act like he hasn't "deserved" these title fights.

He fought Aldo immediately after dropping to 145, and the fight made sense. There weren't viable contenders at 145, and Frankie was a great champion at 155 who just lost a split decision for that belt...and that was back in 2013.

He then won 5 fights in a row, and was the obvious choice for a title fight against Conor, but he decided he didn't want to defend his belt at 145, so they did an interim title fight against Aldo, which I wasn't a huge fan of. Either way, Frankie was the clear #1 contender after winning 5 in a row, with his 5th being a 1st round KO of Mendes.

Since then, he's won 3 out of 4...and Volkanovski is in the hospital with a blood infection. So should they sit Max on the shelf until they figure out what's going on with Volk? I'm sure he'll get the winner of this fight.
5/14/19 11:49 AM
11/1/14

Excellent news! Prediction: Holloway has a terrible weight cut after coming down from 155 and Frankie jon fitches his way all the way to belt #2!!! 

5/14/19 12:09 PM
2/17/03
Rickmassmma - 
Hocky - 
Jamie nove -

Such a bullshit fight to make Edgar is 1-1 in his last 2. Volkanovski just beat the number 1 contender and should be getting the the title shot no doubt about it

Sure, but he won the belt in his first attempt, defended it a few times, and got an immediate rematch when he lost the belt because it was a razor thin decision...and a large amount of the population thought he won the rematch. So let's not act like he hasn't "deserved" these title fights.

He fought Aldo immediately after dropping to 145, and the fight made sense. There weren't viable contenders at 145, and Frankie was a great champion at 155 who just lost a split decision for that belt...and that was back in 2013.

He then won 5 fights in a row, and was the obvious choice for a title fight against Conor, but he decided he didn't want to defend his belt at 145, so they did an interim title fight against Aldo, which I wasn't a huge fan of. Either way, Frankie was the clear #1 contender after winning 5 in a row, with his 5th being a 1st round KO of Mendes.

Since then, he's won 3 out of 4...and Volkanovski is in the hospital with a blood infection. So should they sit Max on the shelf until they figure out what's going on with Volk? I'm sure he'll get the winner of this fight.

yup.

Frankie haters consistently ignore important context.
5/14/19 12:31 PM
3/6/06
Frankie is 8-2 at FW over the last 6 years, before that he was the champ at a higher weightclass, and he could have just sat on the shelf and waited to fight Max when he dropped out of their last fight.

To say he doesnt deserve it is to think he should be punished for stepping up when the title fight was already booked. This just discourages fighters from doing that in the future, it rewards bad behavior. Frankie already earned it and the fight was already booked. Max's health woes don't change that.

5/14/19 1:11 PM
1/30/16
Rickmassmma -
Hocky - 
Jamie nove -

I don’t know if you understand what excuses are, but you just made a shit ton of them

5/14/19 1:21 PM
3/6/06
danybayamon23 - 
Rickmassmma -
Hocky - 
Jamie nove -

I don’t know if you understand what excuses are, but you just made a shit ton of them

No, you're just confusing him making excuses with you being a liar.
5/14/19 1:27 PM
8/5/12

Yep everyone forgetting the streak he was on before the last Aldo fight and the title shot he earned then gave up when Max dropped out and Frankie took on Ortega on short notice. This is just Frankie getting his chance back. Time isn't on his side but it definitely is for Max and the others at the top on that division. People need to chill out. 

5/14/19 2:37 PM
5/7/13

This is a good fight for max's legacy if he can win

Edited: 5/14/19 2:57 PM
4/25/11

Perfect timing for Frankie

Holloway just got his brain rattled by a big LW at a higher weight class and now has to make that giant weight cut to FW and have his body readjust/find his timing again. 

5/14/19 3:11 PM
8/10/05
Frankie has been fucked over with fights in the past, so I think he deserves it.
5/14/19 3:23 PM
10/8/13

Max slaughters Frankie worse than he did Ortega. I can't see any other outcome other than Frankie getting the shit beat out of him until he gets finished or time runs out. Good for Frankie to get his shot and payday I guess. Max retires him.

5/15/19 6:34 AM
8/10/18

frankie is gonna take this hawaiian ass down ...

5/15/19 7:20 AM
1/12/05
Frankie is going to win this fight. Max isn't right and hasn't been since his weird pullout. He's had head and weight cut issues and is basically a shot fighter. Frankie is going to beat the Ghost of Max Holloway.
5/15/19 8:51 AM
1/1/01
Bobby Lupo - Frankie is going to win this fight. Max isn't right and hasn't been since his weird pullout. He's had head and weight cut issues and is basically a shot fighter. Frankie is going to beat the Ghost of Max Holloway.

That says something about Ortega then. He got dominated by a shot fighter.

5/15/19 8:52 AM
1/1/01
ggh -

Afakasi Samoan / White I think. 

5/15/19 10:02 AM
8/10/05
Samoa - 
ggh -

Afakasi Samoan / White I think. 

Also Hawaiian.