UnderGround Forums How do you get a hernia on fight day?

11 days ago
7/27/13

How is it even possible? How come all thes injuries/freak incidents seem to always happen on the day of the fight? 

Was he lifting something massive and got a hernia?

11 days ago
7/22/11

i agree, sounds fishy 

11 days ago
4/25/11

Weakest ppv ever.

Edited: 11 days ago
8/31/07

I assumed this meant he contained it but was found during prefight medicals , hoping he could skate passed but nope, DQ.

11 days ago
9/19/13

you don't.

11 days ago
1/23/06

Edited: 11 days ago
9/30/09

Athletic commission? If he suddenly has a hernia I’m calling bs. But where he’s literally going into surgery,seems legit. Disappointing though. 

Isn’t this the ‘Endeavor era’ of UFC don’t they do interim titles every other week?

11 days ago
6/28/16

Weight cut and replacement of water & food.  It had to be hurting.

11 days ago
9/11/14

According to my gf who is an RN it's possible that it was a pre existing hernia that became ischemic whether the circulation got cut off or something got stuck in it or it burst... especially if they are doing same day surgery on it. Perhaps the weight cut caused a complication somehow?

11 days ago
5/6/16
cantuna4u - 

Weakest ppv ever.

By far
11 days ago
9/11/14

I was wondering the same thing but according to my gf who is an RN it's possible that it was a pre existing hernia that he knew about and was going to fight with but it suddenly became ischemic whether the circulation got cut off or something got stuck in it or it burst... especially if they are doing same day surgery on it. Perhaps the weight cut caused a complication somehow?

11 days ago
11/30/07
Weight cut complications.
11 days ago
8/13/13

He seen that thing on kelvins face and became infected, don't blame him 

11 days ago
1/25/12
triforce -

How is it even possible? How come all thes injuries/freak incidents seem to always happen on the day of the fight? 

You don’t get one the day before but possibly due to endless training and a weight cut it could very well rupture the day before.

having said that who knows if it’s even the truth.

11 days ago
6/10/18
BDW_1983 - 
triforce -

You don’t get one the day before but possibly due to endless training and a weight cut it could very well rupture the day before.

having said that who knows if it’s even the truth.

the guy is having surgery right now. I think it's the truth

11 days ago
5/12/12

was wondering the same thing but according to my gf who is an RN it's possible that it was a pre existing hernia that he knew about and was going to fight with but it suddenly became ischemic whether the circulation got cut off or something got stuck in it or it burst... especially if they are doing same day surgery on it. Perhaps the weight cut caused a complication somehow?

11 days ago
9/24/18
tomtomthumb -
cantuna4u - 

Weakest ppv ever.

By far

You think TJ Dillashaw vs Joe Soto was a better PPV main event than Israel vs Anderson? Yikes 

11 days ago
3/8/15
Jones right nostril -
tomtomthumb -
cantuna4u - 

Weakest ppv ever.

By far

You think TJ Dillashaw vs Joe Soto was a better PPV main event than Israel vs Anderson? Yikes 

The rest of that dillashaw Soto card was actually good. Ferguson was on it to name one. I remember I was at that event in Sacramento and had a good time. But yesterday the main event today is better than that main event.

11 days ago
1/5/11

Work as a nurse. Absolutely wonder if the cut couldn't increase abdominal pressure somehow, exacerbating the issue.

No doubt about it, he wouldn't be walking around smiling with an ischemic bowel. It absolutely just happened, he is under the knife .

Let's give him some credit here, not exactly the type of guy to pull some last minute fake bullshit. This is the real deal. He seems to be a pretty solid, badass dude.

I think we can likely chalk this up to medical issue from weight cut. Fucking weights & cutsuta problemoblem, but he's getting a pass on this one from me.

11 days ago
8/6/13

Is there anyone who has a gf who is an RN that could possibly shed some light on this situation?

11 days ago
9/18/14
1000TJDillashawExcuses -

Is there anyone who has a gf who is an RN that could possibly shed some light on this situation?

That’s what I was wondering...

11 days ago
9/9/14
man i just got home i was going to my local bar for this weak as card before the main got cancelled now i might just stream the anderson style bender fight.

Ufc waited until the last second to call that shit right.

if bobby got a hernia day of wtf? never ever heard of that.
11 days ago
12/31/18
CRE - 

" ALL YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ARE ON STEROIDS"
11 days ago
12/9/13
choadler -

Work as a nurse. Absolutely wonder if the cut couldn't increase abdominal pressure somehow, exacerbating the issue.

No doubt about it, he wouldn't be walking around smiling with an ischemic bowel. It absolutely just happened, he is under the knife .

Let's give him some credit here, not exactly the type of guy to pull some last minute fake bullshit. This is the real deal. He seems to be a pretty solid, badass dude.

I think we can likely chalk this up to medical issue from weight cut. Fucking weights & cutsuta problemoblem, but he's getting a pass on this one from me.

its always happens in the UFC, (co) main events falling apart

11 days ago
6/29/09
constipation