UnderGround Forums How does anyone think Tony can win?

7 days ago
2/9/09

Khabib's wrestling is amazing, his striking is underrated( Im not saying Khabib will KO Tony or anything) but Tony is pretty hittable with sub-par TDD. Kevin Lee took down and mounted him without problem. 

Everyone who fights Khabib says the samething, he feels like a heavyweight with insane pressure and gives absolutely no space. Its also not like he doesn't know submissions..

someone breakdown Tonys path to victory for me, because I can't see it. 

7 days ago
2/15/06
CRE picked Tony so its already over.
7 days ago
5/18/18
The Closed Guard -

Khabib's wrestling is amazing, his striking is underrated( Im not saying Khabib will KO Tony or anything) but Tony is pretty hittable with sub-par TDD. Kevin Lee took down and mounted him without problem. 

Everyone who fights Khabib says the samething, he feels like a heavyweight with insane pressure and gives absolutely no space. Its also not like he doesn't know submissions..

Elbows to the face standing and in the clinch. Overwhelming Khabib with awkward movement and catching him in a standing darce in the clinch and dropping it to the ground where Khabib goes to sleep. 
Massive bloody eye for Khabib after finding out how it feels to be on top of El Cucuy. Caught in a real “Mission Control” for the first time and making a huge mistake by fighting it and out goes Khabib in a super quick triangle .

Not saying that any of those things will happen but you have to be kidding yourself if you think that Ferguson has no way to win. 

7 days ago
10/1/19
StrikingMMA - CRE picked Tony so its already over.

Lmao Khabib will dominate the fight.

7 days ago
5/30/15
CMFanforlife -
The Closed Guard -

Elbows to the face standing and in the clinch. Overwhelming Khabib with awkward movement and catching him in a standing darce in the clinch and dropping it to the ground where Khabib goes to sleep. 
Massive bloody eye for Khabib after finding out how it feels to be on top of El Cucuy. Caught in a real “Mission Control” for the first time and making a huge mistake by fighting it and out goes Khabib in a super quick triangle .

Not saying that any of those things will happen but you have to be kidding yourself if you think that Ferguson has no way to win. 

"overwhelmed with awkward movement". LOL first time I've heard that one!

7 days ago
10/10/18

By 1 slicing elbow from the bottom & cutting Khabib like he hasn't experienced before. 

7 days ago
10/3/11

Yes

7 days ago
7/2/17

The boogeymans gonna apply that pressure

7 days ago
6/22/11

I keep getting proven wrong but I can't help but feel Khabib is very hittable with a questionable chin.

If someone can go in there and really put it on him I think he'll get knocked out.

War Tony! 

6 days ago
3/13/08
The Closed Guard -

Very low chance of surviving until Khabib slows down in the 4th and 5th rounds and getting a late finish.

6 days ago
3/13/08
CMFanforlife -
The Closed Guard -

Tony won't outgrapple a fresh Khabib.

6 days ago
3/13/08
SonnendbySilva -

I keep getting proven wrong but I can't help but feel Khabib is very hittable with a questionable chin.

If someone can go in there and really put it on him I think he'll get knocked out.

War Tony! 

He's hittable, but his chin is like a hunk of granite.

6 days ago
8/3/19
leifdawg -
The Closed Guard -

Very low chance of surviving until Khabib slows down in the 4th and 5th rounds and getting a late finish.

Khabib slows down after the second, then tries to ramp it up again in the fourth. He can't be taking the third round off against Ferguson.

6 days ago
7/2/12

6 days ago
11/20/08

I think this will be Khabib's hardest fight. Tony will push the pace and he is very awkward.

6 days ago
8/22/14

FRAT warning. 

I saw this thread earlier and really wanted to respond with something witty.  As I am adamantly confident TF will win as anyone could be.    The question ( which is excellent) made me actually take a step back and realize this is not as easy to have a convincing argument for as I'd like to be able to give in a minute or 2 of my time.  

So I've thought about it deeper and now have the time to try and explain my case of why my gut feeling is logical to me.

The first thing I would normally go after is Kabib's record.     It's not that great.   

Don't get me wrong. He's dominated everybody he's fought. But 

1) he had a relatively easy road to the title in terms of opponent's... 

2) every single common opponent that kabib and Mr Ferguson ( im gonna call him that from now on because he's my favorite fighter, and cos I've had a heap of beers) have faced , Mr Ferguson has beaten more decisively. 

I was just side tracked for the last couple hours..ill get back to this tomorrow 

6 days ago
2/9/09
bungee up -

FRAT warning. 

I saw this thread earlier and really wanted to respond with something witty.  As I am adamantly confident TF will win as anyone could be.    The question ( which is excellent) made me actually take a step back and realize this is not as easy to have a convincing argument for as I'd like to be able to give in a minute or 2 of my time.  

So I've thought about it deeper and now have the time to try and explain my case of why my gut feeling is logical to me.

The first thing I would normally go after is Kabib's record.     It's not that great.   

Don't get me wrong. He's dominated everybody he's fought. But 

1) he had a relatively easy road to the title in terms of opponent's... 

2) every single common opponent that kabib and Mr Ferguson ( im gonna call him that from now on because he's my favorite fighter, and cos I've had a heap of beers) have faced , Mr Ferguson has beaten more decisively. 

I was just side tracked for the last couple hours..ill get back to this tomorrow 

Barboza and MJ....Khabib mauled rather easy, yet both gave tons of issues to Tony

6 days ago
6/22/11
leifdawg -
SonnendbySilva -

War Tony! 

He's hittable, but his chin is like a hunk of granite.

I wouldn't go that far he's been wobbled a fair few times now 

6 days ago
1/1/01

100% Tony has all the tools to frustrate the hell out of Khabib. Conor had the tools also but fought terrible. I doubt Tony will make the same mistake.

6 days ago
11/20/08
absolutesperry -

100% Tony has all the tools to frustrate the hell out of Khabib. Conor had the tools also but fought terrible. I doubt Tony will make the same mistake.

Conor has only couple of minutes to use his tools though and then he's done. There is no way he'd win a fight against Khabib if it went to a decision. Tony on the other hand can go all 5 rounds at a very high pace.

6 days ago
6/28/10

cardio , late submission, dr stoppage due to cut

3 very possible ways of winning

6 days ago
10/5/19

Because Khabib is the male version of Rousey except his striking is worse. Sooner or later he will lose, unless he retires soon.

6 days ago
1/1/01
Steven Padgett - 

Because Khabib is the male version of Rousey except his striking is worse. Sooner or later he will lose, unless he retires soon.

Well, you were right about him losing,everyone eventually does... The rest could make a person dumber by reading it.
6 days ago
10/3/16

Tony's bottom game is strong. Think Kenny Florian. Lots of nasty elbows in his regime, which Khabib would definitely not like. Then you have to consider his ground game - and the fact that Khabib was almost caught by Poirer (Dustin later said he applied pressure the wrong way which is why he lost it)

6 days ago
2/24/19

I have not been to Dagestan but I have been to Tbilisi twice helping coach our Freestyle team and those guys from the Caucasus region are just wound differently than the rest of the world. I spent 3 1/2 weeks total in Georgia and watched a lot of practice and matches as well as got to know some of them pretty well. They seem almost impervious to pain - it’s like an old friend to them. 2 examples 1. We had a ref restart a match for potentially dangerous when a guy from Azerbaijan was getting his shoulder dislocated and ruined. Both the  Azerbaijan wrestler and his coaches threw a fit because the ref stopped it and restarted it. They wanted it to be a war, injury be damned! 2. I saw a guy roll his ankle as bad as I have ever seen it happen in practice.  He sat about 10 seconds, said “Is good!” and went right back to live goes. It was swollen grotesquely and black at the end but he ran sprints on it. The next day he was right there wrestling - no wrap, brace or anything and it was swollen half way to his knee. These guys grew up in a way we do not understand. To say that a cut or two from Tony will slow Khabib down is wishful thinking. I want Tony to win, but he might literally have to kill or cripple Khabib to do so. They have lived through much worse than they face in the cage.