UnderGround Forums How long before tall black guys take over the UFC?

4/15/19 11:44 PM
9/27/15
chupecabre - 

DC thinks short black guys are the future. 

Yeah and guess who beat him twice, a tall quick black guy
4/15/19 11:46 PM
9/27/15
Bobby Lupo - 
ons ear -
Smirk - 

The Russians will be dominating in 5 years

Only if their elite wrestlers start entering Mma but for now, they aren't..right now, only their b level athletes are fighting and they will never be champions

But guys like Adesanya are gifted with the perfect body type and genetics(speed, reflexes, height, reach) for Mma..very very few white or Hispanic men are built similarly to Desanya and other black Mma fighters..we saw a very tough and experienced Gastellum do a great job despite having a bad body type for Mma..

Fedora and Khabib are C level Russian combat sportsmen. I eagerly await their second best 

True..Khabib really is only a barely above average athlete..his grappling is amazing but just imagine if he had the length, speed and reflexes of Millender! He would be almost unbeatable
4/15/19 11:47 PM
9/27/15
Montell Jackson looked great on Saturday..no one at 135 can match his physicality..
4/15/19 11:48 PM
8/6/06
ons ear - Montell Jackson looked great on Saturday..no one at 135 can match his physicality..

Ricky Simon ragdolled him.

4/16/19 12:10 AM
6/23/12
ABCTT_HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe -
ons ear - Montell Jackson looked great on Saturday..no one at 135 can match his physicality..

Ricky Simon ragdolled him.

You should watch that fight again. 

4/16/19 1:43 AM
8/19/13
Smirk -

Lmao clowns have been telling me that for 10 years. Naaah.

4/16/19 1:45 AM
8/19/13
Region Rat -
Smirk -

People been saying that for 10 years. 

Haha beat me to it

4/16/19 8:07 AM
1/22/18

It's funny that when i 1st found the UG In 2002(?) posters were saying that African/ African- Americans wouldn't dominate fighting the way they do every other sport....

4/16/19 8:40 AM
6/27/18
The other key factor everyone seems to be forgetting is money.

Why would any elite black athlete do MMA when they have a chance of making much more dough in football, basketball, baseball, boxing, etc.
4/16/19 8:56 AM
9/24/12
Anek -
God Of Thunder - 
scourge - Now?

Not yet but in the next 10 years. I just feel like that is the perfect body type for mma. 

I think reach is more important than height.

Yeah, Jon Jones isn't THAT tall for 205. His reach is what's abnormal, it's freakish. That combined with his wrestling, and he's better off than any really tall fighter. 

He's 6'4", what do you want him to be, Struve? To put it into context, only Tito and Forrest have been champion at LHW and as tall as Bones

4/16/19 11:38 AM
12/25/12
floofy -
MatureHippo - 

The difference between Jon and Isreal and other tall black guys is their iq. You can tell they are much smarter than the average person (100 iq) , let alone Africans. (85 iq) 

IQ measures specific parts of intelligence. Jones is a genius when it comes to Bodily-kinesthetic, but that doesn't mean he would kill it at an IQ test.

Fuck off! You Charles murray wannabe's take your eugenics nonsense to the og.

4/16/19 12:43 PM
8/6/06
Johnzandt -
Anek -
God Of Thunder - 
scourge - Now?

Not yet but in the next 10 years. I just feel like that is the perfect body type for mma. 

I think reach is more important than height.

Yeah, Jon Jones isn't THAT tall for 205. His reach is what's abnormal, it's freakish. That combined with his wrestling, and he's better off than any really tall fighter. 

He's 6'4", what do you want him to be, Struve? To put it into context, only Tito and Forrest have been champion at LHW and as tall as Bones

6'4 isn't crazy tall for a LHW. There are a bunch of LHWs that height.

4/16/19 2:17 PM
7/15/04
Anek - Statistically, height is not an advantage unless there's also a reach advantage. Reach is a huge advantage though, and the advantage increases as the reach disparity increases.

We could predict that MMA will eventually be dominated by fighters with long arms for their height, but it already is. The average arm to height ratio is considerably greater in fighters in the UFC than in the general population.

Source: Fightnomics

Height absolutely matters separate from reach. Height makes the head farther away to punch and also makes you punch up and further as opposed to down and closer. Reach and height both play an important role but aren't the end all be all (see DC and Tyson). But they help.

4/16/19 3:21 PM
7/10/02
Another thread about love of the explosive athletic black men? Ha, but now they've got to be tall too, gotcha

4/16/19 7:47 PM
1/1/01
TexDeuce - 
Anek - Statistically, height is not an advantage unless there's also a reach advantage. Reach is a huge advantage though, and the advantage increases as the reach disparity increases.

We could predict that MMA will eventually be dominated by fighters with long arms for their height, but it already is. The average arm to height ratio is considerably greater in fighters in the UFC than in the general population.

Source: Fightnomics

Height absolutely matters separate from reach. Height makes the head farther away to punch and also makes you punch up and further as opposed to down and closer. Reach and height both play an important role but aren't the end all be all (see DC and Tyson). But they help.

Then there must also be disadvantages to being taller, since, statistically, when two fighters of equal reach but different heights fight each other, the shorter and the taller fighter have an equal chance of winning.
29 days ago
12/9/05
Kevin Lee's corner really let him down tonight, not once reminding Lee that he is tall and black.
29 days ago
12/4/18
Flyers179 - Kevin Lee's corner really let him down tonight, not once reminding Lee that he is tall and black.

Is Kevin lee really a black guy though? 

29 days ago
12/9/05
God Of Thunder - 
Flyers179 - Kevin Lee's corner really let him down tonight, not once reminding Lee that he is tall and black.

Is Kevin lee really a black guy though? 

Good question, someone should ask him on Twitter.
28 days ago
2/20/19
Romero and GSP body types are far more dangerous

Broad shoulders, long arms and explosive as fuck all
28 days ago
5/16/16

I think it's going to be short stocky Indian fighters 

28 days ago
9/27/15
Flyers179 - Kevin Lee's corner really let him down tonight, not once reminding Lee that he is tall and black.

Lee isn't tall
28 days ago
9/27/15
Thoughts on Desmond Green? He's a pretty good fighter but he's starting to bore ne as ever fight of his is the same..he keeps it standing and uses his reach and speed advantage to beat his oppt..Green isn't a flashy or exciting striker to watch though lol..he needs a step up in competition but who should it be?
28 days ago
5/18/18
Happiness Bunny -
CMFanforlife -
God Of Thunder -
scourge - Now?

You could be right because they separate them by weight. It’s very unrealistic. Imagine what a good 6’4” trained fighter would do to Izzy boy if he weighed 240 like most 6’4” men do?  He’d beat the fuck out of stick man. Skinny fuckers get beat down in the real world. In the fake world they are seen consistently winning fights against 5’8” fighters. 

Today is a bad day for skinny bitches so far. And after Kelvin knocks stick man out maybe it will resemble the real world. 

And I only say that because I’m old and out of shape and I’m jealous lol

Manlet detected.

More like cock detected as usual. I know that the only detecting machine that you would invest in would be a cock detector. You must have it set on high today, detecting mine from afar. I know that it’s OG hog sized but I can usually hide it from homos like you. But now you have technology and the answer is still NO. I’m not a gay man like you. I go for vagine, always have always will.  I don’t discriminate against you people but I have no interest in your homo games.  Sorry 

Edited: 28 days ago
11/24/13

There's no money in MMA to attract NBA/NFL level of athletes.

IMO lanky is not the optimal build. Someone who is proportially built is the best build for MMA. e.g. GSP, Lima.

Guys like Jones and Usman are that good because of their skill combined with athletism. They are more skilled than anyone.

In order to dethrone a guy like Jones, it would take someone just as skilled. This person does not exist regardless of size or athleticism (yet). They'd also need power, world class striking AND/OR wrestling, and takedown defense. Again, no one comes close to capturing any of these requirements. I literally didn't even watch Jones' last fight because he is basically guaranteed to win.

14 days ago
1/1/01

How long before fat latinos take over the UFC?